Volume 3 Chapter 32: Potion of Swiftness and Slowness
96 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Walson)

It was another late night, we all were at the [Dog House], and the weather was cold outside.

What's different is the sarcasm-filled me and the hysterical Barella. Now, let me explain why Barella are hysterical, which leads back to the things I bought.

The goods I requested from the [Mart Chamber of Commerce] from the tropical region were not just anything but [Vale Bamboo], something that in my past world, would be easily classified as a Sugar Cane despite being orange in color.

The reason I imported this thing was simple: I needed sugar!

You might wonder why I don't just extract sugar from fruits and other sweet things. Well, my answer is that I can't do it!

Initially, I thought the same. With Minecraft's crafting and decomposition techniques, I could refine sugar. However, reality proved that Minecraft's technology isn't all-powerful. It can't separate impurities, for reasons unknown.

So, I tried brewing the desired substance directly from those mixtures... and when I ended up with [Fruit Juice] and [Honey Wine], I didn't know what to say.

In Minecraft, the primary method of obtaining sugar is by harvesting sugar cane (unless you're using strange methods like witch farming... okay, you win). Even in this supernatural world, despite Minecraft's significant advancements in functionality, it still couldn't handle the small matter of separating impurities...

I spent quite a bit of money importing these things from the tropical region!

That's right, perhaps you already know what I'm trying to do. I want to use the brewing stand and sugar to brew the potions I couldn't make before due to a lack of ingredients!

The [Potion of Swiftness] and the [Potion of Slowness]!

By adding sugar to the regular potion made from "Blaze Powder," it evolves towards the aspect of speed.

After adding sugar, it becomes the [Potion of Swiftness]. If you add [Fermented Spider Eye] to the [Potion of Swiftness], the effect is reversed, turning it into the [Potion of Slowness].

Now, you might still not understand why Barella is being hysterical right now.

It's because I'm going to use her as a test subject! Anyway, if something goes wrong, a bottle of milk can fix it! She drinks it regularly anyway!

As far as I know, this potion won't kill anyone, and besides, I got her consent!

At this moment, I am holding a notebook, recording the reactions of Test Subject 000 - Barella to the [Potion of Slowness].

In the first experiment, I dipped a towel in the potion and wiped it on the subject's arm.

Hmm, the effect is not very noticeable. The subject shows no abnormality and continues with normal sit-ups– Wait a minute, there it is! The [Status Detection] skill indicates a localized [Slowness] effect on the subject's arm, but it only affects the skin.

How weak! What's the point of that?

In the second experiment, I made the subject drink the potion.

It's taking effect! The subject reports feeling heavy, sticking to the floor, unable to move!

Hmm, well, is this... useful at all? This potion with abnormal effects is clearly meant for enemies. How am I supposed to make enemies drink this in battle?

I patiently wait for a minute and a half for the potion's effect to wear off, and then I take out the [Potion of Swiftness].

In the first experiment, I dipped a towel in the potion and wiped it on the subject's arm.

The effect is not very noticeable. The subject's sit-up speed doesn't increase.

Again, it only affects the skin... It's useless.

In the second experiment, I made the subject drink the potion.

The effect is very significant. The subject says their body suddenly feels light, and their sit-up speed has tripled!

Watching the Barella happily bouncing up and down, I silently keep an eye on the time on the [Mini-map], counting down one and a half minutes, while worrying about the safety of her abs.

Time's up, and the effect wears off.

The subject lets out a scream, clutching their sore muscles, curling up into a ball on the ground.

"Oh, ow... It hurts..." Looking at the Barella curled up on the ground, I take out the [MPOH (β)] and squat down next to her.

"Sorry about that, you've worked hard." I drop the potion into her mouth, and after a few seconds, she seems to feel better.

"Ha~ The effect... is quite subtle..."

"What do you mean?"

"Within the effective time... my body doesn't feel any sign of fatigue... and it feels light... It might be useful in... battle... but it's dangerous when the effect wears off... and if the enemies are still alive..." the Barella gasps for breath.

Wow, that’s a very insightful observation, Barella.

Based on the effects, the only potion that seems to be effective in combat is the [Potion of Swiftness]. However, even if you use it, it's a double-edged sword.

Well, it's not quite the same as what I knew. It feels similar to adrenaline.

After the potion's effect wears off, the body has to bear the burden left behind, which wasn't a side effect in the original Minecraft.

Is there really a difference between the [Vale Bamboo], this orange-colored "sugarcane," and real sugarcane? But this is the closest thing I could find to [Sugarcane].

"...Why are Walson and Aure in the same room so late?" a voice came from behind– Oh no, I've woken up Grace.

She blinked sleepily, looking at me who sweated nervously and at the disheveled form of Barella.

"...Doing push-ups."

Damn it, there is no way in hell she would believe that!


If you want to see multiple chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than the one on the given link, you can go to my Patreon or Ko-Fi.

7