Volume 4 Chapter 3: Barella Whose Common Sense Has Gone Haywire
502 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Barella / Aurevia Bratio Ilf)

The rosy glow of the sky gradually faded away as the sun moved down into the ground, the sky that was once light red turning into bright red, then deepening into a dark red, until only a flickering firelight remained in the darkness as the night began.

Somewhere on the grassland, in the late night, we set up a camp after making sure there are no dangerous animals in the surrounding area.

It was not my first time camping in the wilderness, but it’s the first time for me to camp together with Walson. We hadn't stopped for the past few days of traveling,

The reason for us not stopping was because we were in a hurry. That idiotic Walson said he was bored when it’s at night, so he took the turn to drive the wheel at night while we were resting.

The [Dog House] that Walson made turns out can actually move independently without being drawn by animals, since it’s Walson who made it, there must be some miraclous magical mechanism behind it.

Seeing this, I think Walson's decision to have Rifle pull the cart is just a way to let Rifle exercise his muscle.

In the past, I always gave up on understanding the principles of how Walson-made items work, but after staying by Walson's side for a long time, I occasionally feel curious about it, and lately, I've started to develop some interest.

I wonder about whatever Walson would teach me about how his items were made, but… I wonder, about whatever he thinks of me as a friend or still considers me as an outsider.

... Although it brings joy to finally have a sense of belonging with Walson by traveling with him, it would be even better if we could be partners instead...

"Hey, Lazy Barella! What are you daydreaming about? Come and help me instead if you have nothing to do!" Walson's voice pulled me back to reality.

That not-so-handsome, somewhat short, nine years younger-than-me boy... but he saved me from my misery and became the boy that I long to spend the rest of my life with.

Come to think of it, wasn’t there a legend about a divine being descending to the mortal world, initially unaware of their own true identity?

When I see the things he creates, sometimes I can't help but think, Walson, maybe you are a god, the god of creation...

"Lazy Barella!?" Although I always show an annoyed face when he call me like that, I'm actually always happy whenever he talks to me in this teasing tone...

But... What in the god name is that nickname, what even is Lazy Barella!?

After the original Barella, now there's a new variant!

"Should I call you Slow Barella instead?"

"That's too much isn’t it!?"

Every time... it always turns into this kind of banter... but, actually, it's not bad at all, I don't mind it at all.

I walked over to Walson, who was busy at the counter in the [Dog House] and noticed that it was piled with ingredients and... lots and lots of [Milk].

"Barella, truth to be told, sometimes I wonder if the food that has been Elvenised would taste much better than the one that is not, and today, I'm going to test that theory.”...

...

...

Walson, only someone like you would be strong enough to talk about having an elf use their [Elveniation] to such useless items such as food as if it’s as easy as breathing.

Anway.

"That's a coincidence! I've actually been curious about it as well!" I said with a smile, even though I hadn't thought about it before. However, I remembered reading in a book that guys tend to prefer girls who share their interest.

"Let's try it slowly now, eating it piece by piece, starting with an Elvenisation."

"OOOO, OOOO, OO, OOOOOO—Enter into a contract with me, Elvenisation!!!"

"Oh! It really became delicious!"

"Yeah! It really did!"

How should I put it, the taste of these beef slices cooked in boiling water... it's filled with the blessings of the forest!

"Then what will happen if we Elvenise it again?"

"OOOO, OOOO, OO, OOOOOO—Enter into a contract with me, Elvenisation!!!"

Next came a series of exclamations.

"Oh!"

"OOOO, OOOO, OO, OOOOOO—Enter into a contract with me, Elvenisation!!!"

"It became even more delicious than before! This is amazing"

"OOOO, OOOO, OO, OOOOOO—Enter into a contract with me, Elvenisation!!!"

"This is no different than drugs anymore! It's become an addictive substance!" cried Walson.

"OOOO, OOOO, OO, OOOOOO—Enter into a contract with me, Elvenisation!!!"

"No, I can't! If we keep eating, we won't be able to live without it! We'll die without it!"

In this endless cycle, Walson and I also discovered something particularly interesting.

[Elf Weapon] are supposed to be indestructible unless the user dies. They automatically repair themselves. However, there is one exception.

That exception is the destruction caused by the user's "Entity." Therefore, the "Elvenised Miltodo beef" that was cut into pieces will regenerate, but if I swallow it, it will be missing a chunk, and it won't regenerate.

Continuing to eat until there's only about 1/3 of it left, the beef has loses its enchantment shine and is declared destroyed.

We also started to try many other ingredients and found that there is a limit to the number of items that can be Elvenised.

After Elvenised the chicken leg of a Matatabi chicken, I tried to Elvenise the Arlotar potatoes together, but I found that the enchantment failed.

Hmm... let me count. Including all of my equipment, the arrows, Miltodo beef, and the Matatabi chicken leg, that's nine items in total that I have enhanced, right?

No, I almost forgot. There's also a confiscated bow back in my distant hometown... I can barely remember what it looks like.

So, the maximum limit of items that can be enhanced is ten items... As expected, Walson must be a god. I'm definitely the first elf to reach the limit in history.

After finishing the Miltodo beef and successfully Elvenised the Arlotar potatoes, I realized that only ten items can exist at the same time. I see, if I don't want something, I can just destroy it.

I really want to destroy that item back in my hometown. It's annoying to occupy a slot...

Is this what Walson meant by "occupying a toilet but not using it"? It's a crude expression, something that I would never say out loud even on the border of life and death, but it makes sense.

[Hidden Condition Unlocked:: "Dancer of the Chicken Leg"]

[Learned Skill: "Heartchickenleg Call"]

Oh... Looks like I accidentally went too far and acquired a strange skill because of it.


If you want to see multiple chapters ahead of this one for free, go to this link, However, if you want to see more chapters in advance than the one on the given link, you can go to my Patreon or Ko-Fi.

8