Chapter 23
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


     Chenqing paced back and forth beside Suibian. The day has arrived from Jin Guangshan’s punishment, alongside Jin Guangyao, and Su She. All the prominent cultivators he had attended the memory viewing weeks before were all in attendance at Lotus Pier, and rogue cultivators scattered throughout. 

They all were gathered in the training yard this time, outside, where the sun seemed to blaze down upon them in judgment. The Yunmeng Jiang Sect, Lotus Pier, was known for its hot, humid weather. 

Wei Wuxian stood out of sight in the shade, not quite ready to join all of them, not after past records. 

The Lan’s were all on the right in one corner, the Nie Sect brothers behind them. All Jiang disciples and sect cultivators stood to the left in their own circle. The other Jin sect's people stood at the center, with Madam Jin at the helm, since her husband was the one being punished. She held her grandson in her arms, also visiting him, since he alternated between Lotud Pier and the Jin Sect. Madam Jin had been present at the memory viewing but she and her husband had been at odds so she had sat far away from him and fumed in silence, waiting to lash out at him. 

Everyone else was behind, and scattered everywhere.

Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan were there as well but off in their own little corner in the back. 

Chenqing glanced to where Wei Wuxian was hiding, to make sure the other was okay. Lan Wangji was by his side, and not with his sect. 

Wei Wuxian's eyes had been straying to Jin Ling, in Madam Jin’s arms. They had yet to truly, officially meet. And you could see the yearning in Wei Wuxian's eyes, and he was certainly holding back. 

Chenqing sighed, and glanced around to make sure everyone was here. Lan Xuan gave him a nod to signal they were.

Chenqing hadn't missed the rogue cultivator, with someone he had seen in some visions not too long ago. 

The both noticed him looking their way

 Xue Yang just sent him a smirk, his arms crossed, and his companion beside him was more…serene.

Chenqing was strong. Very strong, as were Suibian and Lan Xuan, and of course some cultivators, but the rogue cultivator carried a whole other presence. Chenqing could probably go toe to toe with him…not that he wanted to try. The rogue cultivator felt like a good guy, but the wave of power coming from him felt jarring and even oppressing. 

That's Jing Yu. He was formerly a part of the Nie Sect some years ago, before leaving.” Lan Xuan came and murmured into his ear. “He fought Wen Ruohan before the Sunshot Campaign and tried to help the minor sects in their battles against the Wens. That's how he got those scars and wounds.” 

Chenqing blinked. That was new information. He had noticed though, how the Nie brothers had seen the rogue cultivator and kept shooting glancing at him, which he only gave them a nod and a small smile. 

Very interesting. 

Chenqing pulled himself together and was about to address everyone when he realized that this time The Jiang Sect Leader should make the announcements and take this stance. 

He motioned the other forward. He already knew what they planned. He would announce it and they would enact it. 

“Sect Leader Jin Guangshan collaborated with Jin Guangyao, and Su She, a former member of the Lan Sect, to act out terrible schemes against my brother in Jin Guangshan’s bid power, and Jin Guangyao’s need for his father's approval, and Su She jealousy and inferiority, all caused their downfall from grace.” Jiang Cheng’s voice echoed firmly throughout the courtyard. 

“We have seen for ourselves. And also how we each played a part in my brother's downfall.” Jiang Cheng paused, taking a breath before releasing it.

“We are here to rectify that and bring about justice. Let's waste no time on formalities and let us commence with the punishments.” 

Chenqing nodded. Not bad.

He looked at Wei Wuxian to see if the others wanted to help with this part. Wei Wuxian shook his head. 

Very well then.

“Jin Guangshan, for your greed, you will be stripped of your cultivation and of your position as sect leader. The position will be taken by your wife until Jin Ling is of age to run the sect. You will be banished and cast out without a penny to your name.” Chenqing declared with a smile, staring at the man. He was already, brutally injured from Chenqing and Suibian, during the pause of the memory viewing. 

Jin Guangshan tried to wail in denial and talk but he was immediately silenced, thanks to the Lan’s. 

Chenqing moved on to Su She. “You will also be stripped of your cultivation, and sentenced to a lifetime rotting in a dungeon cell. Isolated and alone and powerless.”

Next was Jin Guangyao.

“You fought so hard to be a part of the Jin Sect and colluded with your father. Are you satisfied with the outcome? Was this what you wanted to be a part of? Don't mistake me. We could have easily had you all be killed for your crimes and make sure you never reincarnate. But I thought death would be too merciful, despite that, I'm going to let you live out your sorry days, thinking about all the different choices you could have made. You will receive the same punishment, being reduced to nothing once more. No fame, no glory, and no recognition for any grand achievements. Just you, and a dungeon with four walls, with no cultivation. And should you ever try to scheme or think you can escape and get out, just know that there is no place you or anyone could hide and not be found. And if I have to, I will make sure you won't have a tongue to speak with, or hands, or any limbs and make sure you live miserable without a way to do anything ever again, not even able to crawl. Do you understand me?” 

Chenqing was surrounded by resentful energy and commanded it with ease, his eyes glowing an eerie red as he stared down at Jin Guangyao. Same as Wei Wuxian when he was using resentful energy.

Chenqing leaned in close to whisper in the other ear. “You should thank Lan Xichen, and his benevolent heart. Because he actually discussed with all of them about what should be done, and considering how you used him, and lied to him, he was quite lenient. He still harbors some feelings for you, no doubt. And I'll let you in on a little secret, if you can rethink your past deeds, and somehow reform yourself, you might have a chance at a slightly better future. 

   And your miserable father and your close friend Su She will be made prime examples of what will happen to people who commit such heinous acts. And if you try anything, as I already said, I will personally make sure the rest of your days breathing in this world are the most miserable ones and you'll be begging me for death.” Chenqing chuckled. “So good luck.” 

Chenqing turned and walked to stand beside Suibian and had the three carted off so their punishments could start to be carried out. He didn't want Wei Wuxian to see him rip out their golden cores. He wouldn't dare do that in front of him, or any of them, it was too sore of a memory. 

He would visit them and enact the punishment soon but first, he needed all these cultivators to follow him to Burial Mounds so they could all do the right thing. What they should have done when they slaughtered innocent people and didn't give them proper burial's. It was long overdue.


Chenqing was strong but even he wasn't sure he could tackle the Burial Mounds alone. The place had been steeped in resentment for so long and even when Wei Wuxian had lived there for months, he had to consciously suppress it all the time, and he managed to cleanse some of it but not all of it. 

Luckily, when he got there, Lan Xuan, Suibian and The Lan's, and the Nie’s, and Jiang Wanyin, and some Jin sect members, Xiao Xingchen and Song Lan, and Jing Yu, the rogue cultivator followed them, and every other cultivator who had been in the memories and had been the ones to kill the Wen remnants and ones who wanted to help, everyone was here.

Wen Ning had followed, but at a distance from the others, to wait until they were done. Wei Wuxian had wanted to come, had almost fought Chenqing to come with them, thinking he should be here. Chenqing knew and thought that way too but…this was also the place he died recently tragically and Wei Wuxian used to brush off his pain or trauma, willing to hurt himself over people he loved or cared about. 

He didn't want Wei Wuxian to force himself. He swore to make sure they all had proper burial. 

First thing was to completely cleanse this place which would be a heavy task.

Chenqing heaved a sigh and took a step forward. 

“Ah, I think I can take it from here, but I would still appreciate back up if you wouldn't mind.” 

Everyone turned to see which spoke in shock. 

Jing Yu just gave them all a smile, his violet lilac eye twinkling. 

Xue Yang frowned, scowling at Jing Yu, his red eyes staring hard at him. “Really? You think that's a good idea? It hasn't even been that long since…and you're already just going to show them? These people who were happy to drive a single man to his death, just because they see his memories and have a change of heart?” He pointed at all of them, giving them a sneer, red eyes glaring in contempt. “As if.” He gave a disgusted look. That's why he didn't like other cultivators or trust them. 

Many of them started to angrily shout at him but he turned a deaf ear. 

He heard about Wei Wuxian through Jing Yu and also from the mouths of gossipers who didn't know how to do anything else but gossip and even make up rumors. 

Jing Yu held up a hand towards the cultivators getting too riled up over a few words to silence them and leveled Xue Yang a look. “You know they're not all like that, and not all of them here were responsible. And if they want to do the right thing, even if it still seems too late then they should. So they can by example and practice what they preach, and help make our world a little better.”

Xue Yang scoffed, and turned his head but said nothing more. “You don't need my help, so I'll just wait here for you.”

Thank you,” Jing Yu murmured softly. Xue Yang glanced at him, pouting. “Whatever. Go do your thing.” He shooed the other away.

“Everyone, please back away a few good paces.”

Jing Yu waited for them to do what he asked and then Jing Yu strode to stand before everyone. They stared in awe as the air around him seemed to glow and shimmer, and in the blink of an eye, Je was there and then another being was in his place. 

“Oh my…is that..”

“A dragon! It's a dragon!”

“Wow, he's gorgeous.”

“That is a very…very…enormous dragon.”

Jing Yu launched into the sky above burial mounds, soaring high and twisting his long scaly body into a loop above burial mounds. His scales started to shimmer, glowing, and the glow expanded, encompassing the space surrounding them, and surrounding burial mounds. 

He signaled Chenqing and the others to get ready, preparing barriers.

“What's he doing?”

“What's going to happen?”

“Shhh! Just shut up and watch. Stop talking. This is the coolest thing I've ever witnessed.” 

Jing Yu twisted and turned his long body, shaped like an infinity sign, glowing so bright the whole sky lit up with a golden hue. 

Jing Yu soared up into the clouds swiftly, and dived down towards burial mounds, unleashing a deafening, mighty roar that sent a shockwave through burial mounds, the burning light washing away all traces of resentful energy, until there wasn't even a drop left. 

The barriers had shielded them from the brunt force of the shock wave and everyone watched with silent awe as all the darkness that seemed to surround the Burial Mounds had been lifted. 

Tiny twinkling golden lights lingered in the sky, like falling little stars.

Jing Yu descended from the clouds, circling above them before finding a place to land and shift back, which he had figured out how to do with his robes still on and intact, much to Xue Yang's dismay. He caught the others' disappointed gaze and chuckled before addressing everyone who stared at him, some in shock and some in awe.

“Woah! Look! Look down!” Someone exclaimed excitedly. 

The ground beneath them started to slowly flourish with life, grass and flowering suddenly rising from the ground that has once looked charred and black, but no longer. 

Jing Yu smiled. “Now we can move on to their proper burials.” 

Chenqing led everyone to what used to be the blood pool but was now just an empty hole in the ground filled with bones. 

Chenqing could sense their spirits, and felt they were nearby and at peace now and knew which bones belonged to whom and made sure everyone knew and separated them and got to work on building them proper graves.

It wasn't the first time he had done this, but the first time without the weight of sorrow burrowing into his back. Even he felt some semblance of peace. Whatever Jing Yu had done, it had really worked. 

Chenqing was grateful. 

He wished he could bury Wen Qing here as well but Jin Guangshan had her burned and already dispersed her ashes long ago. 

He admired everyone's work, and their effort, looking at the carved stones for each grave with a satisfied nod. He would leave the rest to Wen Ning and Wei Wuxian, for them to come and say their goodbyes properly and come visit the graves in this once forsaken place that has turned into a beautiful lush place right before their very eyes.

Chenqing bowed to each grave and paid his respects, and many others decided to follow suit, some even going so far as to apologize aloud. It was a step in the right direction. 

Chenqing went to where Jing Yu and Xue Yang stood. “I cannot thank you enough.” Chenqing bowed. 

No need to thank me. I was just helping out to do the right thing. And Wei Wuxian would certainly have a better time coming here now, able to repay his respects and be at ease. I have heard and learned much about him. I hope to meet him soon. I think we will all be good friends. And you don't have to worry about Xue Yang, he's in good hands.” Jing Yu was using the talisman to speak once more. 

Xue Yang grumbled under his breath and rolled his eyes, but didn't deny it. He frowned a little at Jing Yu though, “Hey, don't go exhausting yourself. You just used a lot of spiritual energy and you've gone back to using it. Whatever you say, I can tell them for you, or they can wait.” Xue Yang huffed in annoyance. 

“I'm fine, A-Yang.” Jing Yu playfully flicked the other's forehead with a gentle finger. He would have done something more intimate but Jing Yu was more of a private person and he was a little worn out. 

Chenqing nodded. “I see. We will be seeing you around soon, then?”

Jing Yu smiled and nodded, and turned, pulling Xue Yang with him, taking their leave first. 

After everyone paid their respects, everyone started to leave. The Lan's, Nie’s, and Jin's left together, others followed suit. 

“All in a day's work, eh?” Suibian elbowed Chenqing with a mischievous grin. “What do you think they will be getting up to soon? Oooh, and did you see Lan Xuan looking after Jing Yu? There seems to be some history and feelings there.” Suibian whispered in his ear. 

Chenqing sighed. “You can be such a busy body. They'll figure it out or not. It's not our place to intervene.”

Suibian pondered that. “Well…yeah. But it's fun.”

Chenqing gave him a deadpan look. “Fun? You and Wei Wuxian are so alike. Always stirring up mischief. Your ideas of fun and mine have always been starkly different.”

Suibian gave a cheeky grin. “Maybe, but don't tell me you don't love it?” 

Chenqing gave him the look of, ‘what am I going to do with you?’

Suibian wiggled his brows, “Kiss me?”

Chenqing groaned, placing a hand in Suibian's face and pushing him away. “You're incorrigible.” Suibian just laughed, and hugged him close, and Chenqing allowed it.

“I know you're worried, but everything is going to work out fine. Our A-Ying is slowly healing, and Lan Wangji is devoted and is going to be there for him. He's got Sizhui and Jing Ling, and he will get to watch them grow and be with them. And I think he and Jiang Cheng will be alright. It will be long and rough but they'll figure it out. We will all be there for all of them and it looks like Jing Yu will be in the picture more too.”

Chenqing sighed, leaning against Suibian. “Yeah, I hope so.”

They stood quietly in silence, taking in the new wondrous sight before then and soaking it up.

For all the lost souls that were once trapped here since long ago, could now be at peace. 

Go, rest, and be at peace my friends.

Until we meet again.


Wei Wuxian and Jiang Cheng sat in the dining hall of the Jiang Sect. Wei Wuxian was finally holding Jin Ling in his arms. 

“He still seems so small.” He whispered, before also replying, “I'm sorry.”

I'm sorry I'm the reason you had to practically raise Jin Ling alone. Well, not entirely.

Madam Jin had been looking after her grandson but her heart was still broken from the loss of her son, so Wei Wuxian found he had spent most of his time since…Shijie’s death, in Jiang Cheng’s care. And now Madam Jin had to help manage the Jin sect, so she wouldn't really have time for him. And Jiang Cheng has similar duties but he had people he trusted in his sect he could delegate some of the responsibilities to and there were also nannies to step in and help. 

Wei Wuxian wanted to apologize again but Jiang Cheng just snapped at him. “Just stop apologizing, okay? Stop. It's not necessary. Just…be here. And spend time with Jin Ling when you can. And…” Jiang Cheng paused.

“And..you're always welcome at Lotus Pier.”

Wei Wuxian blinked gray teary eyes at him. “You really mean that?”

“Of course I mean it! I wouldn't say it otherwise, idiot. Besides, it's what A-Jie would want too.”

“Thank you, Jiang Cheng.” 

Jiang Cheng just let out a huff, then both turned their attention back to Jin Ling, and focused on him.

He also noticed Lan Wangji standing off to the side, staring at his brother with a tender fond look in his eyes. He could practically see hearts singing from the man’s eyes. Jiang Cheng sighed. When Wei Wuxian was ready, he would not stand in the way of his happiness. 

 And if and when, Wei Wuxian got married, it would be at Lotus Pier, Jiang Cheng would refuse to budge on that.

But that was in the future and they had plenty of time. 

Wei Wuxian giggled, laughing as he played with Jin Ling. Jiang Cheng sat beside him, soaking up the sounds of his brother's laughter, tears stinging his eyes when he realized how much he had missed this. 

Never again, he swore as a few of his own tears fell silently as he watched the warm scene of his brother and nephew. Wei Wuxian was tickling Jin Ling and teasing him and making all sorts of ridiculous, goofy faces to make Jin Ling laugh. He would let nothing come between him and his family, nothing would ever tear them apart again. 

If they did, there would be hell to pay. And that was a promise. 

 


Jing Yu, laid in Xue Yang’s arms on their porch watching the clouds roll by. Tonight they would go on another night hunt together, like last night and there would be many more nights to come. 

But for now, even Xue Yang was content to sit in silence, brushing his fingers through Jing Yu’s hair. After their first time in a heated tussle in the sheets, they were both spent after going at it for so long into the night, after their successful night hunt. 

Jing Yu, brushed his fingers along Xue Yang’s arm in a soothing manner. 

He slowly sat up, to lay back down, and pulled Xue Yang down to straddle him. 

You still haven't punished me.” Jing Yu smiled at him.

“Are you ready to go again?” Xue Yang laughed. “Are you sure you can handle it this time around if I'm on top?”

I'm sure I can,” Jing Yu grinned.

Xue Yang straddled him, and pressed Jing Yu’s hand over his head, rubbing their naked bodies together, making Jing Yu shudder. 

Xue Yang gave him a deep kiss, his canines nibbling on the edges of Jing Yu’s lips, and he slowly rocked their bodies together, loving the friction of their skin together. 

“Well then, I'm more than happy to oblige then.” 

Xue Yang was slow and methodical about it, taking his time, making Jing Yu come undone, wanton with need, pleading for him and crying his name before Xue Yang relented and finally pushed himself into Jing Yu’s entrance, pushing his girth to the hilt with a firm shove.

Jing Yu gasped, arching up against moaning, and begging him to move. Jing Yu’s violet eye was glazed over with want, and need. He tried to lift his hips to get Xue Yang to move inside him.

“Shh,” Xue Yang purred, holding firm, wiping away the stray tears from Jing Yu’s eye, kissing them away. “I'll take care of you.” And then slowly, Xue Yang started to move, rocking his girth into Jing Yu’s inviting warm entrance that hugged him like a glove. 

Jing Yu met him thrust for thrust, letting Xue Yang take everything and give him all of himself.

Each time Xue Yang pulled out his cock, sliding it in and out of Jing Yu’s hole agonizingly slow to drive him mad with need before Xue Yang gave him what he wanted and thrusting his cock back in, and all while he did that, he tormented Jing Yu, sucking at his nipples, licking and biting at them, and leaving all sorts of love bites, as he made love to Jing Yu. 

Their bodies moved in tandem, taking what they wanted from the other until they finally climaxed together and were spent once again.

Jing Yu snuggled up close with Xue Yang under their blankets. 

“Next time, it's my turn again.” Jing Yu murmured sleepily into Xue Yang’s neck, who let out a small laugh, brushing the hair from the others eyes and grabbing the cloth beside him to clean their bodies before they laid down to sleep. 

“As you wish,” Xue Yang whispered, also snuggling close and wrapping his arms around Jing Yu as they fell into a peaceful sleep, wrapped in each other's embrace.

0