Chapter 0 – Prologue
456 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Who am I? I don't even know anymore. If I remember correctly, my name was along the lines of…. Uhh, I forgot.

Sigh, it's at the tip of my tongue, and yet I still can't remember.

However, the thing that I still remember is the fact that those goddamned aliens did this to me.

I can't remember the faces of my family, friends, and even famous people from my world, much less their names. Yet I can still clearly remember the faces of those sons of bitches who put me here.

I remember a lot of people from my world calling them gods, but they're no gods. They're just extremely advanced aliens toying with us.

If they were truly gods, then I wouldn't have been here. Or maybe this is just one of their ploys.

I've grown to not care anymore, since I've lived for so long. I don't even care if this world turns out to be a virtual world that they've put me in. I just want to escape.

Yes, escape. Such a weird word. The act of trying to be free from something.

How long have I lived in this world? It must've been centuries already. Or maybe my sense of time has been ruined to the point where I can't differentiate between years, or decades, or centuries.

The human mind is such a fickle object. I can't believe my mind has stayed sane this whole time. Or maybe not, I think I went insane a few times.

For normal humans, getting older means that the risk of them getting memory-related illnesses will increase.

And since it's been a really really long time since I first landed in this world, then by normal standards, I should've forgotten about everything.

And yet, the only thing I forgot were names and faces of people, including myself.

Maybe those aliens did this to just torture me. And it sure is working. Nowadays, the more days pass, the less I feel alive.

I cannot die, I cannot escape, and I inch closer and closer to becoming a mindless husk.

Throughout all the years I've spent in this world, the one thing I'm most skilled in is mental manipulation. Of course, it's not one of those shoddy hypnosis bullshit you'd see on TV back in the days.

I'm talking about manipulating my own brain however I want, biologically and psychologically.

I don't even know how this is possible. All I know is those aliens did something to my body, like they did to the countless other humans they abducted.

Speaking of which, I've realised long ago that I was the only human in this world. Hell, I'm willing to bet my sanity that I'm the only sentient life in this world.

Well, no more wasting time. My old habit of procrastinating is coming back. Let's turn that off. I guess accepting eternal rest is still subconsciously scary to me.

Now, let's do this. Time to sleep forever, since I'm just tired of being immortal.

Three, two, one, shut- huh?

What the hell is this?

11