Chapter 20 – Period Of Isolation (Part 1)
123 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A long time has passed since I made that announcement.

Heimer has now been fully isolated from the outside world with the exception of my mother-in-law's Empire for a whole year now.

At first, things were super rough. Many of the citizens that left during the 2-month grace period to contact and bring in their family members and friends didn't come back on time.

Heimer kept getting hundreds of citizens coming back after the 2-month grace period on a daily basis.

Their reasons varied. Some were genuinely late because they had encountered troubles during their travels, while some others were citizens that left out of dissatisfaction of the isolation that came back due to experiencing the terrible living conditions of the outside world caused by the ongoing war.

As a result, I had to extend the period into a 5-month period. However, this time I didn't plan on making more adjustments to the length of the period.

I also made sure to deliver this warning as thoroughly as possible, so that even the citizens of other nations in the outside world could hear of it.

This was the best move, since it would also advertise my kingdom onto those citizens that currently were experiencing a harsh life due to the war.

And it worked as I had planned. Refugees from the warring nations came in droves. The ratio of returnees versus refugees were 2 to 8 respectively.

However, it wasn't all positive. I had also advertised our extremely peaceful and fulfilling living conditions due to our advancements in technology to make sure that it would surely attract those refugees.

It resultingly caused a shift of attention from those warring nations. The war was caused by scarce resources after all, so a bunch of those warring nations allied together under the guise of sharing Heimer's technology.

Of course, the technology that they wanted so bad was just a mishmash of modern knowledge and a bunch of outdated pre-20th century technology.

Those allied nations politely demanded me to share my kingdom's technology so that they could stop the war. After all, the main reason why they were fighting for those scarce resources was because they were produced by the so-called magic.

I was still curious about what magic was, but it was just theories upon theories that I didn't have a lot of focus on. I was sure that it was just some highly advanced technology from some highly advanced civilization. My current theory was the possibility of it just being an experiment.

Moving on, after the magic disappeared, they couldn't produce those resources anymore. So after hearing about Heimer's capability in producing resources that were sometimes even better than in the magic age, they wanted to make us share with them.

Their polite demand was in the form of war, sticking true to their violent and primitive nature.

Of course, I denied. I was, and never will be, a saint-like person. I had become extremely selfish and posessive after living this long and experiencing the unfairness of life.

I have learned and realized that there was no right and wrong in the universe. Just cause and effect.

But that didn't mean that I didn't have morals. I still had them, but they've become adjusted to this mentality.

Thus, seeing the citizens of other nations suffer in misery didn't cause me to be upset. I was just indifferent to it.

However, seeing mine suffer will cause me to be upset. After all, I considered anything mine and everything mine to be my own responsibility.

That's why seeing those allied nations threaten war to my Heimer caused me to double down on my decision to isolate my country.

It was not because I was scared of their military's might, but it was to satisfy my own sick desires.

Before I made the announcement to isolate Heimer, my insanity which sometimes leaked, had leaked again.

This time, it was an extreme obsession with making Heimer conquer the universe while leaving the rest of this planet in the unknown.

It will sound crazy to anyone, but my mind was very focused on this.

I myself didn't see anything wrong with this, since my previous plan was to conquer the whole planet before conquering the whole universe. So this was just a tiny adjustment in my plans.

The reason why it was an insane one was because it required me to keep every single thing that goes on in Heimer to be a complete secret from the rest of the planet. Yes, that meant even my mother-in-law's nation shouldn't know about it.

Thankfully, I made some improvisations and decided to take over her country as well. Although it contradicted this insane desire, I had full control of my brain after all.

And the reason why I allowed this insane thought to linger in the first place was because it was interesting. I will only live once, so why not do it?

Truthfully, I may just be insane from the start and didn't realize that the insanity filter wasn't working properly. But I actually didn't care, I just wanted to satisfy my own urges.

Anyway, going back to the progress of my plans, other than the hostile reactions from the other nations, things were going smoothly.

If those countries were to attack, they would have to go through the Storm Fortress, which was currently guarded by 19th century cannons and old guns.

If their threats were empty ones, then nothing would happen. But in the high chance that they weren't, I had to at least be prepared for it.

So I expanded my military force. The expansion was in every field. But the most important one was in the knowledge field.

Thus, I added a separate curriculum in my academy for those who're currently part of the military. The curriculum still tackled the subjects that the normal curriculum used, but it was arranged so that it could fit military subjects as well.

Speaking of my academy, the current number of students were capped at 100,000 people. The announcement worked better than I had thought.

What was surprising was the fact that around a million people succeeded in taking the entrance test. As a result, only the best of the best among that million were chosen.

I had begun construction of more branches of my academy in other places to ensure that the leftover people can attend them as well.

The biggest problem was finding the teachers. That was why I planned on handing the jobs of being teachers to the refugees, not the ones from the outside world, but the ones from Earth.

Their knowledge more than often exceeded mine, since I was stuck with 21st century knowledge that I gathered from that ruined version of Earth. Not that the current version of Earth wasn't ruined as well.

It got very confusing to refer to those 2 Earths, so I decided to label them as Earth-0 and Earth-1. Earth-0 referred to the original Earth where I was from, and Earth-1 referred to the one infested with monsters.

4