Black Stone Bear Part 2
220 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Black Stone Bear could not let Mors put distance between them, so he started to follow Mors. Its minions followed behind as well, and now only half of them left. Mors continues to run as he turns around with an arrow in the bow, he gathers his breath as he shoots an arrow at the Black Stone Bear's head.

The QI-enchanted arrow flies at high speed as it meets the flesh. Of course, the bear was not stupid enough to get hit like that, so it used one of its minions as a shield. Throwing the dead stone bear to the dirt, it continues its hunt of Mors. Mors smiles a bit as he continues to run away.

From time to time, he will turn around and shoot the Black Stone Bear, the bear of course using one of its minions as a shield. This continues for 5 more minutes, soon the Black Stone Bear found no minion to grab as an arrow hit its face. A mind-braking amount of pain assaulted its brain as it roars.

Pieces of its flesh and fur were burned and sent flying, its nose now burn. Sending a steady stream of pain to its brain. As the bear tries to regain its composure, Mors rushes towards it with a sword in hand. With a debilitating hit and with no more minions, he was confident in fighting it in melee.

As the Black Stone Bear sees Mors it roars once again as it raises its claws high and swings them down, ready to cut Mors down. Mor's breaths in as he moves with grace, soon he swings his sword down, stopping it halfway and swinging it upward. The sword enchanted with QI meets one of the bear's claws.

A large explosion happens, pushing the bear and Mors a few feet apart. The Black Stone Bear looks at its right paw, only to find it missing. Mors has finally landed a hit on it. Mor's smiles as he swings his sword, making the blood on it pain the ground.

"No matter how smart a monster is, it will never be my equal. Die and become my stepping stone."

Mors said to the bear, he could feel that the bear could understand him a bit. A simple smile appears on his face as he rushes toward the bear once again. The Black Stone Bear runs towards Mors as well, soon opening its mouth to bite Mor's head clean off.

Of course, Mors easily dodges this, but his eyes were focused on the bear's left claw, as he expected the claw to come toward him. Mors knew it could not beat the bear in pure physical strength, but the bear had no martial techniques.

Mors rolls to the side once again, now behind the bear as he cuts one of its legs. Soon losing its support the bear falls to the ground. Its jaw and teeth break under its weight. As its blood paints the ground, Mors gets in front of it, his sword cutting the bear's head off its body. Soon the system notifications enter his mind.

[Killed 30 Stone Bears(rank 6) got 180 points]

[Killed a Black Stone Bear(Rank 7) 200 points]

[Ruling monsters killed 3/5]

"Hahaha~ a good amount of points. I wonder what the final boss of this forest will give me. If I continue to save I might be able to buy a talent"

He spoke to himself as he started to cut the Black Stone Bear up, putting its meat, bones, fur, and claws in his storage ring. But one piece of meat looks different front the rest, it was cut from the belly of the bear. While still having its raw red color, he could notice black dots in it. Its weight alone was around 2 lbs. feeling the high consecration of QI in it, he knew it was the [Earth] treasure of this monster.

"I think is called Black Stone Meat?"

He tries to remember the name of this specific treasure. Most first self-reform monsters will give a specific treasure depending on its characteristics. But because each monster is unique, the same monster race can drop different treasures. Thankfully all the [Earth] treasures he got are edible, in-game those have easy lore to follow. But those that are not edible require more work, but the reward stays the same.

"well let's just be happy that I got meat to eat."

He said to himself as he started to cook the meat over a newly created fire. As he cooks the meat and its smell enters the nose, he could not help but cough. The meat smelled like burned stone(?). Wait, was that even a natural smell? Mors looked at the black shining piece of meat in front of him.

"This looks disgusting, at least the elemental core looks appealing. "

He could only swallow some saliva as he took a bite out of the Black Stone Meat. What Mors did not know, while the in-game lore said the character will consume the meat to gain its effect. Cooking it and eating it was not the preferred way of eating this treasure.

What most people did was cut it into a piece and put it into soups and slowly eat it that way. As the taste he will soon find out, was too disgusting for normal people to handle. As the black juices flow in his mouth and meat got crushed by his teeth.

Visible discomfort appears in his face, his curls up his toes. His hand tightens its grip around the piece of meat. As he swallows his first bite, he started to cough trying to get some fresh air. But the smell of the meat lingers in his breath, almost wanting to make him throw up.

But he did not, he continue to eat the meat. He eats it while holding his breath, knowing that smell and taste were directly linked. He finishes his meal after 30 horrible minutes, he could feel the overwhelming QI of the meat settling in his muscle.

As this happen, he stops up with shaking legs as he started to cultivate the QI inside of him. Putting the new QI from the bear into his muscle and spreading it around his body, at his rank went up, his QI concentration went up and his cells stored more of his QI.

When one reaches the bottleneck between mortal and warrior, they must find a way to increase the amount of QI they could hold in their bodies. The current best way of doing this is by opening the dantians in the body, the body has a total of 3.

The lower, middle, and upper dantians. Opening them up is a hard and long process, which is why having a stronger body is better as it increases the chances of succeeding. As he continues to cultivate and successfully stores all the new QI in his body he gets a system notification.

[Black Stone Meat has been absorbed +6 to all stats. The host muscles have become stronger. All old wounds have been healed]

[Name: Mors Mundin

Cultivation: Mortal Rank 6

Stats:

Mind: 43

Body: 43

Soul: 43

Martials Art:

[Sword Emperor Dance(Heaven) Rank 2]

[Tsubame Gaeshi(Heaven) Rank 2 ]

[Soragui(Heaven) Rank 2]

[The Man Hunter(Heaven) Rank 1]

Talents:

Fate Points:574 ]

[Author: Hey Xdod(Godofstories) here. Be sure to support the story and head over to Webnovel if you can to leave a review and Power vote]

14