A New Event
54 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It is a new day as the sun rises and shines its' warm light through the window of a sleeping couple. As the rays of light beam down onto the faces of the couple their eyes struggle to stay shut for a bit before they give in and open them. They are facing each other, small smiles on their faces.

"Good Morning Zhihui"

"Morning Mors"

"Just one more month and our match will happen"

"No need to state the obvious, I'll win again this time"

"Nah~ You only won because you were lucky, you won't be so fortunate this time around"

"Do I need to remind you who wished me luck before the fight?"

"No, I do remember who did so,"

Mors said with a smile as he sits up on the bed. Today is going to be a good day, he can feel it. As the couple get out of their beds and get themselves ready, they continue to talk.

"Alright, to continue yesterday's conversation, we need to start looking for this serial killer. Can your summons keep watch?"

"I haven't tested it out yet, they follow specific commands and it's not like their memories are transferred to me once their task is done."

"Can you test it out on me then? Have a couple of them watch me."

"Alright, let's try that out. If not I can always keep watch. Do you know when the first murder happens?"

"I don't know but I have a well-educated guess. The murders In the previous cities and towns happened after ten days. From Jinshu City to hear it takes three days by carriage. If we factor in that Jinshu "Killer" was found five days ago, the first murder will happen in eight days."

Mors nods his head; happy he did not have to do the math when it comes to this. Plus, eight days is more time to do some tests and come up with the best plan to catch this killer. Mors and Zhihui finish getting ready as they left the apartment together. Their destination is the communal dining room to get their breakfast.

After eating their breakfast in peace with their two servants behind them, they went their separate ways. Zhihui with her two servants wanted to go to the sect, to do some cultivation for next month's match. Mors went to the training grounds to get a new skill for his axe. Now that he has a good quality axe, it is worthwhile to learn a skill for it.

He took a leisurely walk down the stone paths of the clan estate, enjoying the weather and the fresh wind. He would sometimes get looks from people, but he ignored them with ease. If this is the type of looks he gets after officially being married into the clan, he can only imagine the looks he would get if he was clanless.

Thankfully no one was stupid enough to try and get under his skin. As he reaches the private training grounds of the clan, he notices that there are already some people here practicing their martial arts against the air or against each other. Some clansmen gave him a side glance, but the majority were focused on their own training.

Mors ignored them as he takes out his new axe. His eyes inspect the metal axe, the axe feels heavy in his arms. Its double-sided head gave it even more weight. If not for his amazing stats, Mors would have difficulties wielding it. The axe itself is very eye-catching with its brow-colored gems, but what was more interesting was the history behind this weapon.

As a weapon grows older and more famous, its' history gets added too. In this world, for weapons to be considered legendary they must be masterfully crafted, made from the best materials, and have fame or infamy. But even if this reputation is forgotten by the generations and the passage of time, the fact that the weapon played an important part in a story still lingers.

Normal cultivators are able to feel the history behind a weapon, their very soul and body telling them that this is a legendary item. Mors himself does not feel this history, maybe it is because of the system that already tells him of the weapon stage. Not like it matters right now, with Mors getting into position.

He slowly closes his eyes as he remembers the lore of the skill. He thinks of the great labyrinth, its' stone walls, and cold air. The sound of monsters trapped in its never-ending hallways. A deafening roar and the shaking of the ground. The walls cave in and the labyrinth is shattered. Free from eternal torture.

The lore continues to play in Mor's head as he swings his axe down with great strength, the head of the axe hitting the ground and shaking it. But it is not enough to free himself from the labyrinth's cold walls. More! More! More and more strength!

Soon Mors grabs the axe with both hands as he runs forward, gathering momentum as he swings his axe at the ground. Channeling his QI through his arms and into the axe. The axe head slams into the ground with a loud, deafening sound.

A dust cloud covers Mors as the ground rumbles and breaks apart. Cracks in the earth begin to form around Mors as the oh-so-familiar mechanical voice of the system rings in his ears.

[Labyrinth Shattering(Heaven) has been learned; 20 points rewarded]

[10 points have been shared with spouse]

Mors could not help but laugh at the number of points, it was only a couple of weeks ago that those twenty points would have made him feel rich.

"Talking about points… I need to farm mo-"

"Hey, you, what kind of skill was that!?"

One brave cultivator asked Mors, for it was the first time they had seen a skill of that level. Its destructive powers were amazing. Not many of them were axe users, but learning a skill like that could always come in useful.

----Zhihui----

It had not been that long since they took the carriage to travel to the sect. But a very special notification appears in front of Zhihui.

[Your spouse has received an event]

[Teach the young cultivators a higher stage skill within a month]

[Rewards:

5000 fate points

Increase reputation]

As Zhihui sees one of the rewards, she could not help but smile.

"You better succeed"

"You said something, my lady?"

"What? No, I did not..Just I habit I got from Ming"

"Oh, ok"

[Name: Mors Mundin

Cultivation: Warrior Rank 4

Stats:

Mind: 106

Body: 106

Soul: 106

War Manifestation: 106

Blood Line: Imperial(Emperor)

Legacy: War's Everlasting Concert

Martials Art:

[War Everlasting Dance(Primordial) Rank 2]

[Flamengo Bloody Dance(Primordial) Rank 1]

[Soragui(Heaven) Rank 5](Spears)

[The Man Hunter(Heaven) Rank 3]

[War's First Symphony(Primordial) Rank 1]

[Labyrinth Shattering(Heaven) Rank 1]

Talents:

[Soft Feet][Martial Aura][Blood Thirsty Eyes]

Fate Points:5952 ]

 

3