Such An Idiot Actually Exists…
2.5k 5 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Christian was also surprised the ease at which the Chinese rolled off his tongue. Maybe he was assimilating with the old Xuemei’s memories? The older woman froze after hearing Christian speak about this. Even the doctor felt awkward while mentally kicking himself for forgetting such an important thing. These were all standard questions for someone who was in a long coma, however, forcing someone to bring up their suicide…

Sifting through the memories while the rest of the people were distracted, Christian started to understand the situation a little better than before. However, the more he understood, the darker his face turned. Although he has yet to fully grasp the situation, he was clearly supposed to be living in this body right now. Why did he get stuck with such an idiot?! After looking through the suicide clearly, he realized that this girl was only 14 when she committed suicide. What devastation could possibly throw such a young and thriving girl to despair? She was rejected extremely harshly by a boy that she liked and instead saw him chase after her “most-hated” rival. Just barely resisting the urge to roll his eyes, Christian had a feeling of jumping into one of those terrible novels that his cousin was obsessed with. Trying to calm himself down, Christian began to read off the girl’s information like a file.

Name: Tang Xuemei

Age: TBD (14 before suicide attempt cannot determine how long she has been in a coma)

Family: Two loving parents, one big brother

Position: Was a student, also the young heiress to fairly successful Tang family which owns a bakery chain which started from Xuemei’s humble baker grandfather.

Personality: Spoiled rotten by family. Extremely stupid. Petulant. Bossy. A bully towards the poor scholarship students at her school. Almost no good points to speak of currently.

Appearance: TBD (when 14, looks were decent but sense of fashion was horrifying)

Cause of Suicide Attempt: Lin Family’s third young master. Decently handsome, kind, and smart. Loathes Tang Xuemei due to her obvious faults. Back then, starting dating Tang Xuemei’s hated rival – Ning He Hua. Xuemei fell hopelessly in love with him at first sight and was infatuated. Her behavior became erratic and obsessive and did not allow other girls to get close to Lin through various measures. Used to things going her way, she could not handle such a severe rejection from Lin Jinsong.

“…”

Christian held back his extreme urge to curse. If he died then he died, what could be done about that? But was fate f*cking with him or what?! If he was going to do something as ridiculous as reincarnate, couldn’t the person at least be normal or even the right gender? Was this too much to ask for? Taking a shaky breath, he tried to calm himself down and think positively.

“Xuemei, so you do remember… Please don’t tell me you still have any silly thoughts? Auntie’s heart can no longer handle such a scare. Madam, Master and Young Master were all heartbroken after hearing what happened. There has been no laughter in the manor ever since you stayed in your coma.” Almost sobbing, the older woman quickly grabbed onto Christian’s hand. Christian recognized her as the nurse who took care of Xuemei since her childhood. Sensing the older woman’s sincerity, Christian’s gaze softened and allowed the woman to continue holding his hand.

“Auntie Mo, there is no… need to worry. I… no longer… have such thoughts.” Still not familiar with this new voice, Christian felt awkward as he continued to speak, but he felt it was necessary for him to speak up to ease everyone’s minds. Maybe due to the extended inactivity, it felt like his tongue was heavier and his throat drier. “Auntie, how long have I been asleep?”

Shocked by Xuemei’s sudden calmness, Auntie Mo almost forgot to respond. Watching this young girl grow up, she could not believe that the Young Miss did not start by creating a scene after she woke up. “Young Miss, you have been in a coma for 3 years! Your 17th birthday passed not too long ago. Madam and Master could not bring themselves to celebrate so we just skipped over it…” No longer able to continue, Auntie Mo started to get choked up as she looked at the familiar, yet at the same time unfamiliar, face before her.

“Three years…” So, he was already 17-years-old. Sharp pain suddenly burst out in his head as he continued to think. Groaning slightly, Christian held his head in his hands while trying to massage his temples. Taking a look at his dainty and unmarred hands, Christian felt his headache grow worse. Everything was too much. No matter how much training he went through to stay calm in sudden and drastic situations, he would never be able to easily handle what was occurring. Still lying flat, Christian could feel his eyelids growing heavy again before falling into a deep sleep. He could faintly hear the worried shouts of Auntie Mo, but he could no longer pay attention to her words as only a deep darkness remained.

Sometime later, Christian could feel his consciousness returning. His eyelashes fluttered before he finally managed to open his eyes once more. Staring up at the white ceiling, he quickly glanced around before deeply sighing. Still in the same hospital room and still the same new identity. There was definitely some part of him that still believed it was all a bad dream. However, waking up once more, he had to start accepting the reality placed in front of him. Propping up onto his elbows, Christian tried to sit up only to realize, with extreme distress, how weak his current body was. Hearing his struggles, the other people in the room also woke up. During that initial glance around, Christian saw that his family had arrived and they were all sleeping on the couches inside the large private hospital room. Rushing over to the bedside, they could see a pair of bright and big eyes staring back at them. Tears filling their eyes, all of them could not say a word. Christian gave a half smile not knowing how to face this new “family” of his. Broken down by such an expression, Madam Tang finally broke down into sobs while Master Tang supported his wife with tears running down his own face. Although, Xuemei’s brother still had a rather cold expression, one could see the sincere relief and happiness in his eyes. A rare smile even graced his hard-set lips.

“I’m sorry…” Other then this, Christian really did not know what to say. He really wished he could slap the original owner of this body. With such a loving and well-off family, what did she lack that she would actually dare to just jump off a building to commit suicide with no other worries? He really felt speechless towards such selfishness.

“No, no… As long as you are alive, everything is okay. Mom is okay with everything, you just need to stay alive. Okay? Mei-er, my daughter, thank… thank you for waking up!” Struggling to speak evenly between her sobs, Madam Tang just tightly held her daughter’s hand for fear of this situation being fake.

“Sorry? Of course, you should be! Wasting three years of your life in bed like this over some idiot like Lin Jinsong! I just hope that you have seen the light after suffering like so. I will have you know that the bastard did not visit you even once.” Unlike his soft-hearted mother, Young Master Tang was not about to sugarcoat his words. How distressed he and his parents had been after seeing her condition could not be put into words. A simple sorry was completely and wholly inadequate.

“Tang Xueliang! What kind of words are those?! Your sister has only just woken up!” Red-faced in anger, Master Tang quickly reprimanded his son. Xueliang said no more but his lips tightened into a straight line obviously showing his unhappiness. It was not that he loved his little sister any less than his parents, but it was exactly because he loved her so much that he wanted her to live better now. Unlike his parents, he felt that coddling her was only going to allow her to drop right back into her old ways. This was the best chance to set his sister on the right track. A brush with death would change anyone, right?

56