The Tutor
1.9k 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Father Tang did not waste any time, the very next day after Xuemei’s discharge, he had a new stack of papers placed in front of him by Assistant Yan. Each paper was a concise summary of different well-known tutors in the area. All of them are either currently in a C9 League university or were alumni of one of the schools. His first skim through, he quickly tossed out any decent-looking males as he did not want his daughter to get distracted with another guy. The second skim through, he tossed out any pretty females, because he knew his daughter easily got jealous of girls whom she deemed prettier than herself. Now, he was left with all the average looking females and males. Interestingly enough, there were only five of them. He had a feeling Assistant Yan purposefully found all the great-looking ones after thinking of his daughter’s tastes. Shaking his head, he could not help but scold his Assistant in his heart. Yes, his daughter liked good-looking people, but would that help her study harder? Most likely not! After hard consideration, he decided to go with the most studious and plain-looking student of the five. He got amazing grades and was currently 24 and working under the large Gu Corporation. It seemed he worked under the main branch and was showing a great performance. Father Tang nodded to himself thinking that this man would be the best choice. Obviously ambitious in his studies and work while also hard-working. The best part was that he did not have stand-out looks. Picking up his phone, Father Tang quickly called Assistant Yan to hire this new tutor.

“Young Master.” A clean-cut young man showed a rather stressed expression thinking of the news he just received. He couldn’t help but feel jittery thinking of having to report this to his superior.

“Hm?” A deep, but cold, voice responded.

“Uh… that…” Not knowing how to start the young man began to stutter.

“Speak clearly.” The cold voice cut in quickly with hints of impatience.

“You have been hired… as a tutor…” The young man jumped in response to his young master’s words and blurted out the truth only to get quieter by the end. He barely whispered the last part of his sentence.

“Hired as a tutor? How is that possible?” The young man finally looked up to respond. In front of his eyes, he saw that extremely handsome appearance that the girls at the company scream about. Tall, broad-shouldered, straight stature, and picturesque looks, everything about his young master was similar to the princes in stories and legends. Swallowing nervously, the young man could only clear his throat and respond evenly.

“Young Master, during college, the Master did not support you and you had to make ends meet on your own. Back during your first and second year, you registered as a tutor with the closest academy. You never removed your name from the list, but I guess we never noticed because no one picked you out as of yet. Someone just chose your file and is asking to hire you.”

“A minor issue. Just reject them. If the academy wants compensation, just give them whatever amount they require. As long as they are not like a lion opening its mouth, we can compensate them the proper amount.” The good-looking man’s brows furrowed slightly before giving an easy response.

“Young Master… It seems the other party is rather important so the academy is really pushing for you to honor your contract…”

“What terms?” The temperature in the room slightly dropped.

“You have a quota that you’re are supposed to meet so that it justifies that money they paid you.”

“They continued paying me?”

“The amount was in Young Master’s fake account he had as a student. We stopped paying attention to this account, however, they have indeed continued paying you. They claim that if you do not follow through, they will spread rumors about you back at the company. Really, Young Master, why doesn’t Master just clearly announce that you are his successor. Instead making you masquerade as a stranger and having to suffer like so.” The young man quickly complained of the hardship feeling pity for his outstanding master to have to be threatened by such a small academy. However, nothing was to be done. If such rumors really did spread, Young Master could seriously be fired and Master would not step in to help. If he could think this far then of course his Young Master realized this.

As he thought so, the other man’s expression darkened as he pursed his lips in frustration. He grabbed his head while rubbing his temples before letting out a deep sigh.

“It was my carelessness. I should take this as a lesson. Alright, give me the address of the person. I will tutor them…” Waving his hand to dismiss the young man, this good-looking man felt frustrated by his situation. However, frustration would do nothing. He would just follow through this once before terminating his ridiculous contract with the academy. His father would be the death of him, causing him to have to worry about some young kid’s grades. He knew his father just wished that he would stay grounded and not get lazy since he could inherit such a large corporation, so he was forcing him to live on his own means instead of his inheritance. Only, he knew he would never become such a useless third generation rich young master, thus an exercise like this felt completely pointless to him.

“Also, bring me a report about this person I will be tutoring.”

A black car rolled to the front of the Tang Family home. Out stepped a gorgeous man dressed in a double-breasted light gray suit which only enhanced his figure and good-looks. Ringing the doorbell, his face lit up the screen inside the home. The maid who answered the door was tongue-tied looking at this magnificent specimen.

“Hello, I am the tutor for your Young Miss.”

“Mr. Gu Liuwei?”

“Yes.”

“You do not look the like the picture the academy provided…” The maid hesitated. She had worked for the family for ages and knew better then to let a handsome face distract her from her duties. Not just anyone could get into the house and see their Young Miss.

“That is a rather old picture of me. I have my ID, which I can show you.” Gu Liuwei smirked on the inside, though. That picture was just him in disguise since he did not like to go around flaunting himself usually. He hated the extra attention. However, after reading the report on this Tang Family’s Young Miss, he knew exactly why they chose him. This young girl had just woken up from a three year-long coma, but before then, she was a laughingstock in their circle because everyone knew she committed suicide because she was crazy over the Lin Family’s third young master. She was a real bonafide boy-crazy young girl. Her family was probably trying to prevent any good-looking men to show up in front of her so she could concentrate on her studies. By showing up in his real appearance, he was hoping they would fire him quickly. Pulling out his wallet, he held his ID close up to the camera. The maid called over one of the guards in the house who then nodded clarifying that the ID was real. Sighing in relief, the maid pressed the button and unlocked the door. Hearing the click, Liuwei smiled before pushing open the gate door. Walking up to the door, he saw that it was already being held open by a maid who invited him in. Well-trained and experienced, the maid did not look any longer than necessary before lowering her head. Liuwei nodded feeling slightly impressed with the Tang Family’s servants.

“The Young Miss is in the gym with the trainer currently. I will bring you over.” She spoke with her head bowed before leading the way. Liuwei looked around the house in slight curiosity and he liked what he saw. The owners were obviously people with good taste. The house was clean and elegant showing the wealth of the family in a comfortable way instead of the gaudy fashion of some families. Sighing, he pitied Mr. and Mrs. Tang for having such a daughter. When they rounded a few corners, they finally arrived at the small gym inside the house. There was weight training and running equipment. The girl in question was currently training at mixed martial arts. Liuwei’s eyebrows rose in surprise while he watched the sluggish yet still accurate movements of the young girl. The red shade on her cheeks and the sweat pouring down emphasized her exhaustion, but she continued to push through it. After they finished a routine of punches and kicks, Xuemei finally collapsed onto the ground taking deep breaths. His body was definitely recovering, but it was inevitable that he would feel impatient with the pace. But the shape he was in before is not something that happens so quickly. He would have to be more patient. In his fatigue, he did not hear the noise of approaching footsteps as he kept his eyes closed while he tried to control his breathing.

Liuwei observed this young girl with some surprise. The young fourteen-year-old was no more. This new girl in front of him was tall by any standard, with long and slim legs, a pale and flawless complexion, and even curvy in the right places. Though, he still saw her as a young girl, objectively speaking, she was definitely going to be beautiful once she fully grows into her body. The bratty heiress was nowhere to be seen as he watched the obviously exhausted girl who did not voice one word of complaint. Once he was next to her, he realized that she did not notice his approach so he cleared his throat to announce his arrival. The young girl’s eyes opened to look at him. The intelligent lighter brown eyes glanced at him while giving him a quick up-and-down. However, the expected infatuation was not present in those clear eyes. After the initial surprise, there was nothing else in those eyes other than confusion.

“Who are you?” A clear slightly breathless voice questioned. Liuwei finally broke out of his daze and realized he had been staring.

“I am Gu Liuwei. I am the tutor that your family hired.” Calming himself down, Liuwei answered evenly.

“Oh. Okay. You’re early, aren’t you? I have to take a shower first; I will meet you in my study room.” Although still slightly confused looking, Xuemei quickly accepted his answer before checking the watch on her hand. Christian felt slightly disgruntled since he did not like to be late to anything. His exercise always went until 9-11:00 a.m. and his tutor was supposed to arrive at 12 p.m. It was currently 10:55 a.m., right about the time he would stretch out and cool down before going to take a shower and preparing his studying materials. He did not understand why this man showed up so early throwing off his schedule.

“Ah… Yes, I am early. I will wait for you in the room, then.” Liuwei was barely able to recover in time to answer. This was the first time he was spoken to so nonchalantly. It was not that he was self-centered, but even in his disguise, people did not just ignore him since he was the top student. Plus, his disguise made him look average but not bad-looking. Girls still followed him around. This was the first time a female looked at him with such apathy, almost like he was no one at all. This feeling of disregard made him feel slightly uncomfortable, but he pushed down this feeling and allowed the maid to lead him to the girl’s study room. The room was clean and neat with just a bookshelf two desks and chairs with a sofa and table. While distracted by his many thoughts, he sat down onto the sofa trying to understand what just occurred. This scenario was not following his script. He could not understand how his reports could be so wrong. Or was it that she was still in love with that Lin Family’s, Lin Jinsong? Suddenly, he felt his stomach sink as he thought that he might have to actually stay and tutor this girl seriously.

49