What Do Young Girls Like?
1.8k 4 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the other side of the phone, Liuwei was actually faintly grinning. He quickly saved the number from before on his phone. Still hearing echoes of her cute laughter, Liuwei started to realize that his face was feeling hot. Frowning, he could not help but scold himself to pull himself together. She was only just turning 18 soon, he was not a pedophile for goodness sake! This was also part of the reason that he did not see her again after she took the exam. As much as he wanted to deny it, he could tell that he was starting to grow feelings for this young girl. However, thinking of the almost 7-year age gap, he felt extremely hesitant and did not feel that it would appropriate to start anything with her. Which led him to quickly cut off their communication once his job was finished. He was slightly shocked earlier because during all the time that she was with him, she only ever spoke seriously. Hearing her so bubbly and happy was a first for him and hearing her say Brother Liuwei in such a voice almost made him melt. Feeling his integrity slipping, he could only hang up quickly after a word of congratulations. After hanging up, however, he felt like slapping himself. Real smooth, Liuwei…

Checking the time, he knew that it was time to clock out. He had finished his work for the day already. Packing up his files and logging out of his computer, Liuwei cleaned his cubicle off before heading out. Politely bowing to the rest of his co-workers, he quietly walked to the elevator. He worked with his disguise on, so no one really noticed him much, just that he did his work well and in an efficient and timely manner. No one knew much about him as he tried his best to keep his presence extremely low. However, once he arrived at the garage, an inconspicuous, yet still expensive, black car rolled around to pick him up.

“Young Master, how was work today?” It was the same young man from before. He was Liuwei’s trusted assistant, Yu Huting.

“The same as always.”

After the short answer, the car dropped to silence for almost the entire way back. The car pulled in front of an expensive gated community. Assistant Yu pulled out his identification card before he was allowed to drive through. They soon arrived at a decent-sized manor.

“Young Master, we have arrived.” Parking the car, Assistant Yu quickly got out before walking to the other side to open the door. Liuwei just nodded absentmindedly before alighting from the car. Assistant Yu shut the door behind him and was about to leave, however, Liuwei quickly called out to him.

“Assistant Yu.”

“Yes, Young Master?”

“What do you think a teenage girl… would like as a congratulatory gift?” By the end, Liuwei’s ears started to turn red, but he still finished asking the question.

“Uh…” Taken aback by the question, Assistant Yu was unsure how he was supposed to answer. “Well, Young Master, wouldn’t your cousin know better than me?”

“Cousin? Which one?”

“Young Master Xie Yuehan.”

“That playboy?” Hearing the name, Liuwei quickly snorted in distaste. After thinking about it, though, he realized that this playboy cousin might actually know best. He was always wasting time trying to pick up girls and buys them presents left and right. “Alright, I think I will give it a try.” Not expecting much, he decided it was still worth a try.

“Then, I wish you luck, Young Master.” Leaving these parting words, Assistant Yu quickly bowed before driving the car away. Liuwei turned around and walked into his residence. The house was completely quiet as he lived alone and only allowed for the maids to clean when he was not in the house. He did not like living with others around him with them bothering him. Pouring himself a cup of water, he plopped onto the couch before picking up his phone. Tapping on the unfamiliar contact, he put the phone on speaker before placing it on the table in front of him.

“Oh? Brother Liuwei~ to what do I owe the pleasure?” A flirty tone answered.

“Xie Yuehan, I will be quick. What present would a young girl be happy with?” Slightly frowning, Liuwei resisted the temptation to just hang up then and there.

“Young girl? Cousin, you naughty boy, how old are we talking?” Almost able to hear the mischievous smirk, Liuwei’s face turned black as his anger was starting to rise.

“18.” Spitting out the words in annoyance, Liuwei waited for the answer.

“Hmmmm, so she’s legal I see… Well it’s no fun if I just tell you. I won’t help you unless you tell me which lucky girl is getting this present~.” His teasing voice echoed throughout the house.

“I’m hanging up.” Almost immediately, Liuwei just hit the hang-up icon and cut off the call. Only a couple seconds later, his phone vibrated once again showing that his cousin was calling him back. Pursing his lips, Liuwei still answered in the end.

“Speak.”

“Ah, Cousin, you can’t just hang up like that.”

“I’m going to hang up.”

“Alright, alright. Don’t be so impatient. Girls don’t like guys with such a quick temper. You said 18, right? What kind of things does she like?”

“For example?”

“Her favorite singer, genre of music, actor or actress, color, tv show…” Listing out a few, Yuehan paused waiting for his cousin to respond. Only, Liuwei was completely silent as he honestly did not know any of those. They never spoke about more personal things of that nature before.

“You don’t have to continue. I don’t know.”

“You don’t know which ones?”

“All of them.”

“All… Cousin, ah, are you sure you like this girl? How can you get a gift if you have no idea what she likes?”

“Do you have any suggestions or not?”

“Wait, well, I guess if all else fails. Most girls like jewelry. I would suggest a simple necklace. Not too fancy and loud just really simple. Like a thin chain with a single charm. That, or maybe flowers. However, a lot of young girls these days think that flowers are cheap and rather cheesy without enough thought behind them. If you don’t like either of those, maybe you could take her out to dinner. Nothing too fancy as that would be kind of burdensome since it doesn’t seem like you guys are dating. Some place still nice but rather easygoing with no dress code.” Liuwei was surprised to hear such a serious answer for once at of his cousin. He rolled his eyes thinking that only with this kind of topic would his cousin seem knowledgeable.

“Alright, I will take these into consideration. Thank you.”

“Oh my, is the sun rising from the west today? I’m actually hearing you thank me.” An exaggerated gasp rang out from the other side. Liuwei frowned before just hanging up without another word. Sighing, he felt like all his energy just left him after only one call.

“Wow, wow, wow. Big news! Big news!” In another bar across the city, a good-looking young man was currently freaking out.

“Young Master Han, what could be so amazing to cause such a reaction?” A seductive and coquettish voice spoke out next to the young man. Gulping down slightly, the young man was tempted to start something, however, he quickly shook himself out of it.

“No, no, now is not the time for this! I have to let the rest of the family know! I wonder if Auntie and Uncle know something?” Lightly shoving the girl’s soft body from him, the young man quickly jumped off his seat and went down to his car. Sitting in the driver’s seat, he pulled out his phone and went to the family group chat.

“Big news! Cousin Liuwei likes a girl! She’s even a young one, 18-years-old he said!” Sending out this message, the family chat blew up with activity.

“A girl?!”

“18?!”

“Who is it?”

All sorts of questions blasted out. Looking at the chaos that he caused, Xie Yuehan just smirked to himself feeling happy that he was the first to get such a big scoop. It was not long, however, until he got a private message. Looking down, his face suddenly turned pale.

“You better run home soon. I informed Second Auntie and Uncle that you have been ditching work and getting your coworkers to cover for you by threatening them with your identity. They did not seem very happy.”

“Sh*t! How did Cousin Liuwei even know this? Why is he suddenly attacking me?” Just as he was asking himself this, another message popped up. It was a picture of Yuehan’s message in the family chat and the ensuing responses.

“What?! Since when has he been part of this chat?” Shocked, Yuehan had no idea that his cousin was also in the chat group. It actually could not be blamed on him, since Liuwei has never responded to the messages before and he silenced the notifications of this chat group. Just this one time, he glanced at the message before almost throwing his phone.

“Hmph! If you want to be loose-lipped, you must learn the consequences!” Liuwei sneered while looking at the messages. He knew that player would be freaking out right about now. Afterwards, he looked at the private messages sent to him by his parents who were all asking about this mystery girl. His lips tightened into a straight line as he massaged his temple. In the end, he decided to just ignore the messages and did not answer. He did not even know if he wanted to actually start something with Xuemei, plus he knew that she felt nothing for him as of yet so it was too early to be mentioning anything to his parents. He would inform them in due time if things really did go in that direction.

“Hah, I should have known I would regret my decision like this! It’s my fault for trusting that idiot…”

48