Auxiliary Chapter: Sig’s Ramblings
73 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

Author's Note:

You may skip this chapter. But if you wish to know Sigmund Chua's background, then feel free to proceed.

[First record from Sigmund's journal as read by Darwin]

I am Sigmund Gregory Chua and this is the first record of my life account in this journal.

My account starts with my birth and birth certificate.

My mother lent me my birth certificate when I was seven years old. She taught me about the first legal document a person must have in modern civilization. Hence, she let me see that birth certificate to ascertain my birthdate. It was the 21st of November, in the year 1978.

I was born between two zodiac signs under the rulership of two planets, Pluto and Jupiter.

That makes me a Cuspian, in the Cusp of Revolution, which I believe has the personality of being rebellious, and stubborn. I might even be misunderstood by many people working with me. That explains my inept ability to work with a large group. I can be more productive when I am working in solitude.

But being born in the Cusp of Revolution makes me think of the appropriateness of this personality when I learned about Astrology and Tarot reading more recently as I learn mysticism. That is after I got the information from the mystic materials provided to me.

Now, back to my birthday, I also got the info from my mother that I was born during the break of dawn at 5:47. As to its significance, this is more related to what I discovered when I realized the importance of life.

Life on the planet Terra is not permanent. Being a mortal has many disadvantages. I am led to believe that after going to finish my studies, I must be diligent in my studies to secure my future after having a career and then find the one that I must marry and spend the rest of my life with. Siring children is part of the process and I must endure years for me to take care of them until they also graduate from college and find their career choices and earn their living on their own.

Along the way, of course, as a father, I must also provide for them in times of their needs even in their adulthood. That's what a good father should do.

But then the stresses and the old age, I must accept or I can't survive as not properly managing stresses can lead to poor health.

That's too deep, right?

I think I must go back to talking about my birth certificate.

But then, this is my diary so anything goes here.

However, if someone will read this account, I should at least give them a glimpse of my thoughts rather than immediately proceeding with the information in chronological order about my life story. That would be really boring to read. I mean it from the point of view of the reader.

But then, if the reader or consumer of this information is an investigator or adversary, finding any info for him or her to use against me, I must pray for your luck as this journal is imprinted with a curse.

Only those closest to me or who have my permission can read this without any repercussions. This warning though should have been written after every book journal. But then, I am magnanimous and considerate, so I must inform anyone who reads this and who does not have any permission to stop now.

Proceeding to read this journal until the last page is now at your own risk. I have already written my warning.

For others with permission, you may proceed in learning about me through this journal.

And so, where are we now?

Okay, it's back to my birth certificate.

As you have learned by now, I was born between the signs of Scorpio and Sagittarius. But technically, I am a Scorpio but I have personalities that resemble that of Sagittarians.

My birth, in a hospital, was uneventful. But as my father informed me, it was like a miracle.

My mother had two miscarriages before my birth. And that's because, as my father told me, my mother was a workaholic. Being a certified public accountant and lawyer has certain prestige but along with it are weights of responsibilities.

I can't begin to think how they managed it though.

Both of my parents are lawyers. But my father was more involved in the inherited family business.

As you may have known by now, I was born privileged. But my mother told me that her family was very poor and that she had to work hard so her family with my father would not experience the harshness of poverty.

Given my father's wealth, I think it is unlikely for that to happen. But I have also learned other rich families can also go down if they are making many bad decisions.

But it's not any of my business.

That is why when my parents planned to bear another child, there must be an interval of two years.

Thus, two years after my birth, my sister Sharon Gale was born. She seemed to have that name because of my mother's favorite actress. But naming a child is not really my concern.

Sharon is the only sister I have. She is also the most stubborn being a child of Taurus.

Two years after my sister's birth, Sean Gabriel came out of my mother's womb. He is a Sagittarian.

My parents never planned to have another child after Sean. I think my mother could not afford to have more than three children as she was a workaholic.

My relationship with my siblings was pretty close. I doted on my sister. My younger brother was spoiled rotten by my parents considering him the youngest. Sometimes, I find him annoying.

I could have taught him martial arts but he was too involved with gaming when we were teenagers.

I can't really say much about my life when I was young except for the fact that I was a nerd and was always on the honor roll of my classes.

I didn't even expect that I have good genes but it hit me when I was turning 12 when I became popular all of a sudden, not because of my good grades–well, that was also the big factor– but also of my looks.

That's what they said. I am not that vain or narcissistic. I mean, I wasn't. I realize that when I turned fourteen that I had to look good.

But my mother always reminded me to be careful. I mean, what to be careful of?

I guess, you should have known it by now as you passed through the puberty stage and then you realize how the hormones are raging when we saw things we like.

I am still a teenager by the way and I still have that urge. But after entering the mystical sect, I need to retain my energy for power and a certain reason.  So no sex for me until I reach my goal as a mage.

I am getting ahead here though.

I still have something to share and that is I became a valedictorian in my elementary graduation.

I became a campus crush. Gosh, that was embarrassing. And that's because… I will reveal it to your later.

But I am always set right by my strict mother. I wonder how she does it though.

She has been a workaholic with her cases but she still has time to take care of us. Perhaps, she hired a private investigator wherever we are.

As for my father, he is also strict but he takes special care of my sister more than of me and Sean.

As the eldest, I must be a good role model for my younger siblings.

Ethics and good manners are instructed in our home. My mother always pays special attention to that.

As for good manners, I realized that my mother brings her clients to our home. But these clients are only those who have become her friends.

When I was thirteen, I was introduced by her client, Madame Esmeralda Martinez, and her husband, Luis Martinez. They came during a family dinner,

It was then I learned that my parents are associates with the Martinez couple. At that time, I did not know what business was. I have learned more about that recently.

Esmeralda Martinez and Luis Martinez are instrumental in molding me during my adult years beginning at that time when I was 16.

Even when I was thirteen, Mr. Martinez always paid special attention to me. Eventually, I have come to respect them as my uncle and auntie.

The couple always visited our home but not on a daily basis.

When I was fourteen, Uncle Luis approached me and asked me if I was interested in martial arts.

Uncle Luis taught me Filipino martial arts and I am now good at it with those sticks we called baston.

I was a nerd at that time, lanky but also tall for my age. I played basketball during my free time on Saturdays. But for the rest of my weekdays, I was always studying.

My father asked me one time why I did not bring any of my friends home to which I answered that I was busy with my studies and did not have time for friends. He just looked at me and said that I should also make friends. He added that it would be good for connections.

I guess, that answer is expected from someone who is a businessman.

I honestly did not bring anyone when I was in high school even though I became popular.

Perhaps, my desire to become a lawyer was already ingrained in my childhood and I needed to practice the ways of becoming responsible. And that means, I had to sacrifice having a group of friends.

I am not totally unfriendly though. That's why I was popular in high school because I was approachable and friendly.

But did I have a girlfriend in high school?

That's the biggest question because I did not have time for that. Even now with my goal until I reach that magus rank.

The thing is I was enrolled in an all-boys private school beginning my elementary years until high school. I did not have girl classmates. That explains my embarrassment when I was regarded as a campus crush in our all-boys school!

And again, I was busy with my studies to hang out after school with my group of friends in high school who were just my study buddies.

But there is a secret I never told anyone, even my parents. I can see spirits and ghosts!

That's why I don't stay long in my school because of those ghosts.

I encountered it one time when I was in a library. I was glad I was alone at noon studying by myself when suddenly, I saw a chair inside the room, rocking by itself.

That was really scary. I ran out of the library and was looking for the librarian but she was still taking lunch. The student and another assistant went out of that room to god knows where.

After that encounter, I made sure that I would be with my study buddies whenever I visited the library.

I actually told this story one time when we were already at a reunion party and that was thirty years from our graduation from high school.

In high school, I graduated with honors, again as a valedictorian.

I could have a best friend in high school in the name of Todd. He was part of my study buddies group in my sophomore year. He became taller in our junior year and focused more on sports. He was smart but he never recognized me as a good friend in our senior year. He took me to a competition beginning my junior year.

He was good in sports and academics, while I focused on my studies but I played sports during my physical education class only. I was also learning arnis from Uncle Luis so there is that.

Another thing that Todd regarded me as a competition is my being a campus crush.

Todd was also a campus crush.

But I don't really care about this recognition.

I still manage to take care of my look. I learned that from my lawyer parents.

This is my random ramblings. I am writing this at the young age of seventeen. That is a year after being invited by Uncle Luis to the mystical sect.

I was informed to keep a journal.

I used to believe that journals and diaries were for those teenage girls who could not divulge their crushes and so they had to resort to writing a journal.

In my case though as I entered the sect, I see the importance of having one as I could not reveal what I learned from the sect to anyone. It's filled with mystery and I have also taken an oath of secrecy so there's no room for me to share many things about what I learned.

And that's because these things should not be revealed to the masses.

Anyways, this is my first account of my journal.

In my next account, I will share how I started to become a member of the sect.

In love and life,

Sig

______________________________________________________

Darwin read the last line of the first account of the journal with a smile. He didn't expect this to be written by a lawyer. It was a typical rambling journal of a teenager.

But as he realized it, it was when Sigmund was still seventeen. He managed to learn the curse spell technique at that age though.

Suddenly, Darwin sensed something.

He put down the journal book as he sensed the Vajra body about to wake from a long slumber.

 

4