Chapter 12: His Plan Inside a Village Begins
45 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"But let me bask in this environment and learn my new powers before I go on a stress-free adventure in that mortal village." Smiling with sarcasm, Sigmund left the table as he decided to teleport to the other continent of his planet.

The mage wanted to see the other continent, which was rich in mineral deposits including spirit crystals.

With the help of Darwin and also with his efforts, they gathered precious materials that they believed consisted of the currencies of the lower immortal realm.

The wealth they amassed could already make them buy not just the nearby village but also the continent of LigaYa. But their intention should start first from the humble village before they proceeded to continue to develop the bigger picture of creating an empire.

A month later, according to the planet Terra's cycle of time, Sigmund created five puppet bodies, all with handsome and almost perfect features to be introduced as his offspring, though technically, his vassals, by the time he entered the village.

He planned to project himself as a traveling merchant with a noble bearing. This might not be as humble as he initially thought but to start entering the village with an unknown identity can be more deceiving and could potentially lead to bigger complications in the future.

Thus, creating clones imbibed with a minute fragment of his consciousness would go well with his plan as he introduced himself to the society starting with the village as a rich merchant.

He even tasked Darwin to project a more human-like body to act the role of executive assistant of his enterprise.

The party of seven including Sigmund and Darwin entered the gate of the village with three carriages. The first carriage which was decorated with golden plates and noble symbols was the first in the convoy. The other carriages contained their products and tools as the initial items they wanted to trade inside the village.

"Good day! Do you have documents with you?" 

A middle-aged guard with strong bearings wearing a metallic suit greeted the party as their carriages approached the gate. The other guard tried to be intimidating while remaining indifferent.  The guard who greeted them though displayed an amiable smile as he glanced at the adornments of the carriages.   

"I am Larry. You can check this document please." A young man with tall and blonde features with a certain similarity to Sigmund handed out the magically-created traveling document with details of their being a freelance merchant group.

The guard immediately verified the document without any hitch. "So, it's Mr. Sigmund Gregory Chua, a foreigner?

"Yes, sir."

"It's the first time I have heard of that family name. Okay, you may enter."

"Thank you!" Larry then went back to the carriage and drove the carriage through the gate.

Sigmund and Darwin already figured out the language of the village and even the whole continent. Hence, they immediately assimilated their lingual dexterity into the language of this world.

Within the carriage, Sigmund and Darwin resumed their discussion.

"This world is filled with disparities. I never expected this in an immortal realm. I sensed the large cities to be ultra-modern but this one seemed like the countryside to those high-modern large city-states.” Sigmund stated his observation with a mix of disappointment and awe. “We have a village here with features similar to medieval Europe. Their mortals also look like Slavic people while there is a mix of Asiatic and Turkic racial groups." 

Sigmund noted mostly the features of the inhabitants with curiosity as he passed by the entrance with rows of townhouses and commercial shops.

"The civilization may seem similar to medieval Eastern Europe but there is also a hint of Oriental mixed with Slavic. The diversity is staggering and its population is more than a million. It is like having a population of a big city but the form of government is headed by a village chief. It is more like a feudal lord but with a council of elders. It also has a deputy so it's not entirely hardcore autocratic." Darwin conveyed a report to which Sigmund just listened as the latter was busy observing the village and streets.

"This civilization reminds me of the 1950s era. It has features of modernity with buildings and a few skyscrapers with ten stories as the highest.  To call it a village is definitely an understatement. But it is still apt considering the lack of modern transportation." The magus sighed as he noticed the lack of modern cars. The roads made of bricks were mostly occupied by moving carriages with iron wheels.

They already passed the small commercial area. The carriages were then wheeled to a less populated area, which was occupied by various large abodes, seemingly owned by rich people. But the distance from one house to another was separated by lines of trees and forest.

"We will know the village more after we arrive at the courtyard to stay for a longer duration." Darwin pointed to the street where a vacant large house fenced by thick white-grey marble slabs was in view.

The carriages stopped by to park at the front of the large house with a gate. The area was surrounded by trees that seemed to be a small forest. Sigmund already commanded one of the clones to make changes to the structure a day before when it was purchased. 

When the carriages pivoted and entered the entrance between finely-crafted marble slabs as fences, they were greeted by two rows of tall candle trees. 

The carriages drove between the rows passing over the blue-bricked road. Before the vehicle arrived at the front, various rows of empress trees with blue blossoms were perched after the candle trees occupying the lots on the sides of the road.

A water fountain made of white marble and installed with crystals emitting azure light was erected near the front of the gate, shimmering a feel of the aristocracy to the whole abode.

A large bloom of azure lotus floated at the center of the fountain.

Sigmund's new abode was situated in a village with a land area of over 200 square kilometers. It was as large as a city but the civilization relegated it to just a village with small and few three-story buildings in the central area.

His estate covered a property encompassing five hectares including the land filled with trees surrounding the house structure.

The property Sigmund purchased was a few kilometers away from the central area where the commercial center was situated.

Wearing his favorite azure robe with a contrasting design, embellished with amethyst crystals, Sigmund approached the gate of the abode after leaving the carriage.

But before he entered it, he surveyed the area, relishing the front yard of his mansion. He let out a statement as if heaving a sigh. 

"Life in the immortal realm will certainly be interesting starting with this merchant role."

“You are absolutely playing a new role in this life.” Darwin chuckled as he followed his liege.  “Excited?” 

He turned again as he smiled, not bothering to answer his assistant, whose celestial prowess surpassed his. 

He entered the wide black door of his mansion in this village while witnessing with delight the aesthetics of the interior following his preference.

4