Chapter 24: Erecting the Fort
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigmund was at the top of the building, overlooking the property that became part of his portfolio of assets. He already had the building plans in mind to utilize the large parcel of land. But at that moment, he made an introspection of the things that occurred in less than a month while he stayed in Greston Village.

"The climate in Greston did not include winter as its location in the continent was in the southeast but not farther from the central area of the primeval forest. But it could be cold at night and even at certain hours of the day."  Sigmund muttered as he looked at the horizon.

The village's climate was eternal springtime, throughout the year, 48 hours a day, ten days a week, thirteen weeks in a month, with eight months in a year.

The eight months corresponded to their eight moons. The dominant moon during nighttime changed each month, which the village and perhaps, the astrologers of the continent would observe regularly to mark the beginning of a new month when the previous month's brightness in the night sky waned.

"When we arrived in Greston Village, it marked the beginning of the third month after the moon Lune Satlo became the dominant moon, brightening the night sky. But even during nighttime, eight moons could be seen but there would always be the dominant moon to surpass the brilliance of other moons." Darwin pointed out the celestial aspect of the continent, particularly the cycle of time and celestial entities and objects.

The moons appeared more visible above the horizon, with the moon, Lune Satlo brilliantly emitting light to the dusky sky.

With eight moons radiating bright moonlight, the night sky in the continent was not as pitch black. It was akin to a twilight sky, darker in shade but the dark blue was a result of the eight moons' ability to wax the night sky with light to eliminate the dark shade of blackness.

"This building is in an area that used to be a mixed neighborhood with various races settled in residential buildings. On the ground floor of these buildings, the shops of dwarves, elves, and human mages were situated." Sigmund shared, the serenity of his emotion was in contrast to the ruins he gazed upon from different cardinal directions.

On the 30th hour of that day, after the acquisition of the property was finalized, Sigmund witnessed the whole area of his new property where the ruins once stood to have been flattened.

Only the building of Sigmund Chua was erected with three floors. The rest of the buildings were two floors, while dwarves built underground extensions for their families to reside.

Across Sigmund's shops was a block of buildings that he learned to be owned by the dwarves.

At day time, these shops were alive with many adventurers flocking to and from the shops as they window-shopped for weapons or obtained tools and weapons at reasonable prices.

With their locations within the gateway of the South Gate, the area known for sightings of high-risk monsters that at times could pass through the barrier of the gate, high-level mage adventures chose these locations to gain more experiences and higher potential to elevate their strength and mana cultivation.

Human adventurers outnumbered in population in Greston Village. The dwarves and elves were allowed residency in the village after migrating to Greston and sought refuge after their tribes were destroyed by high-level monsters indiscriminately.

The value of dwarves and elves was considerable in Greston. Dwarves were proficient in tools and weapon-making while the elves were in alchemy. Both demi-human races lived longer than mortals.

Even the elves remained their youthful appearances throughout their lives. After they reach the age of twenty, then they stopped the aging process.

"In this world, magic energy and mana were interchangeable," Darwin informed as he diverted the topic that had something to do with the mages of the immortal world.

Sigmund learned that magic was the science dealing with the manipulation and manifestation of spiritual energy, in which the main source was the akasha or ether. In other parlance, it was called Prima Materia. And from there derived the elements of fire, air, water, and earth.

Sigmund responded, " Exactly. Light and darkness are forms of the Prima Materia. The attributes of elements vary because of these forms. In the fire element, there is white fire and black fire as well as other colors such as red fire, violet fire, golden fire, and blue fire. The variations in colors manifested according to the will of the caster or the magic wielder."

"The condensation of light and fire produced lightning, a more destructive form. The principle would be similar in other elements such as water and air. Ice is the form of solid water, while the wind is the moving air that could become destructive and form a tornado." The celestial mage added, bringing to the table the topic of elements.

"Sound was also another form of Prima Materia. It can be useful as an element of communication or entertainment. But intense sound waves could become destructive." Darwin contributed as if they were reviewing what they learned from the Akashic Records. But it was more of opening the subject to analyze the truth of the matter in correlation to the present universe's cosmic energy.

"The density of elements would vary according to their range of usefulness and destructive properties," Sigmund spoke as he materialized an elemental form from his palm. " For example, a simple flame could produce light. But once it spread, it could bring destruction to properties. Similar to water, from being a source of sustenance to the cause of death of lives due to flooding and drowning."

The principles of Akasha and the elements that Sigmund learned were similar in all universes including the immortal world.

Thus, his knowledge of magic made him easy to understand the concept of mages, magic, and mana cultivation in this immortal world.

As a mage, he cultivated the vital life force, which was called chi. Once cultivated by internal breathing, its transmutation was taking place in the middle dantian, converting it into shen to become potential energy for storage, advancement, and healing.

Higher density of transmuted life force stored within through cultivation made the wielding of elements more possible as well as in performing other mystical arts. 

As he advanced in rank, he could cultivate cosmic spiritual energy with minimal to no effects.

In this world, similar principles and laws could be applied.

"In this world, the humans who wield magic were called mages regardless of them being elemental mages, assassin class, or warrior class. They were all wielders of magic. So by essence and practicality, they were all classified as mages despite their differences in wielding elements and varying principles, " Darwin highlighted the juxtaposition of various magic wielders.

Mortals in this world could turn into mages. But this would be possible if these mortals were properly instructed. Aptitude, attitude, and dedication mattered for mortals to become mages.

Practice and dedication to cultivating would prove considerably in the advancement of mages. The immortal spiritual energy existed in abundance in the immortal realm. It would be up to the mages and any magic wielder of certain races to utilize the spiritual energy for their cultivation and advancement.

In Sigmund's case, at a God-rank level, his demand for more spiritual energy was considerable. Hence, his absorption rate was higher than any being.

As he had this realization, his goal to transform the landscape of his newly-acquired property was just a step away. If it were other beings in the primeval forest, the construction process would have taken days.

"It's time." Sigmund gently roared as his instruction resonated with his clones who were in the vicinity.

With combined power, including the participation of Darwin, light surrounded the entire area of the purchased property. Sigmund's blueprint in his mind with the aid of the Divine System, rapidly formed from the akasha, the void in the mental realm, and then manifested exactly as he wanted to be in the area of coverage.

With the help of his clones, the transformation of the perimeter of the property to erect forts as high as skyscrapers were done in mere minutes.

Standing over five hundred meters in height, the fort encompassed the South Gate area of the Greston Village, enclosing the perimeter of Sigmund Chua's property.

Using iron and hard granite, amalgamated to arrive at a form with an azure surface, the fort was erected in mere minutes during the deep night of the village, the period when villagers were in slumber while others were meditating and cultivating.

The only witnesses to this transformation were the guards of the South Gate who were awake the whole night to patrol the vicinity around the gate.

When morning arrived the next day, all of Greston's villagers spotted the large tall structure that spanned more than three kilometers in the South Gate area.

"It seems this time, that man overdid his goal to claim that property."

Langford Berry chortled as he stepped down from the carriage, pausing to amaze in the new wonder that all of the Greston Village beheld that morning.

0