The Change
498 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Vorruck POV)

Walking home one day after lunch with a few buddies I knew since childhood we were excited that our reunion had got everyone to show up. But knowing that we were just entering high school and now our life was going to change. But personally I had other thoughts and couldn't slow down my excited walk to my house after thinking about what my future girlfriend would look like.

Stepping up to the door into the house, I felt a bizarre sensation as I opened it almost like it was alive with a beating heart.

"The hell?"

The world went black for a moment, like a tv screen that suddenly shut off, noiseless and equally lightless it was terrifying. Unable to make a noise, I started panicking but all of the sudden it all went away and a flood of light hit me in the eyes. Opening them again after adjusting a wave of noise hit my ears, and I looked around in shock.

(Stranger)"What the hell was that?!"

(Stranger)"Mom where are you!"

(Stranger)"Hey if you think you can kidnap me, I'll beat the shit out of you!"

(Stranger)"I'm scared."

(Stranger)"Who are you people?!"

Silently observing, I was standing in a crowd of people and we were in a dirty abandoned village-like place with only a few structures. There was every kind of person, from children to elderly with nobody I recognized in them. Backing away from the mass group of people I went into a old structure, and saw it was old and abandoned.

'Viewing enabled, first person viewing currently disabled. Check current status?'

His own internal monologue made a weird description, as if he was going crazy. Suddenly the crowd outside also went silent, at the same time and were oddly quiet. Inside the house that was abandoned was a living room area that was big with an old chimney in it, with a kitchen in the room as well. Walking up to the kitchen I saw old left cooking utensils thrown across the kitchen as if in a panic, picking up an old rusty kitchen knife that was small I put it in my pocket.

Shortly after a man barged in through the door followed by a few others, they looked around and started searching as if on mission. A tall thin man wearing glasses was the most calm of the group so I tried walking up to him.

(Vorruck)"What are you guys doing?"

(Stranger1)"We are looking for stuff, like food and water. Me and my college friends are used to traveling to third world nations working on projects. We are used to these kinds of places."

(Stranger2)"We got a pot and pan, I think we can use them both!"

(Stranger1)"Good job, keep looking we might find old rations."

They kept searching everywhere, for stuff not stopping even with one house rushing to the next. The guy with glass pulled me aside just before we stepped out of the house, and began whispering.

(Stranger1)"We need to put a strong front off to calm everyone, join me and my group and we can get the situation handled easier for everyone's sake what do you think?"

(Vorruck)"What do I have to do?"

(Stranger1)"We are going to round up everyone and give a speech, just stand in our group to give pressure to them this way they will listen, it's a old technique but it works on calming masses."

(Vorruck)"Sounds easy alright, my name is Vorruck"

(Ebon)"Name is Ebon, alright we got no time to waste Vorruck follow me."

Shaking hands they agreed on the plan, and began walking out to the masses of people. They were being followed by Ebon's friends who were carrying pots, pans, buckets, and tools of all sorts. They stood in line and drew attention by doing so, putting Ebon on the front standing on a wood box they got somewhere.

(Ebon)"Everyone pay attention!"

The people turned silent finally and began listening, some who were aimlessly wandering started coming back seeing what was going on.

(Ebon)"We all heard the voice just a moment ago saying viewing enabled and something along the lines of check status right, correct?"

Looking confused, a few people nodded along while others were still confused at everything.

(Ebon)"When you think check status do you also get the same response?"

Vorruck wanted to try it out and thought hard on check status, suddenly his inner monologue was controlled again and he heard something.

'Status not connected'

(Ebon)"We all hear status not connect right?"

Nodding along, suddenly somebody shouted. A short blonde girl with big breast, and a school uniform walked out of the crowd. She had a unhappy scowl on her face and wasn't very pleased at the moment.

(Stranger)"I don't hear not connect, I hear connect without first person enabled."

(Ebon)"Anyone else similar to her? Speak up!"

Nobody stood up so Ebon brought her close to him, and began talking with her.

(Ebon)"Did you do anything that caused it to change? Or did you hear something different to us when you first heard it?"

(Stranger)"I didn't do anything, it said the same crap you guys heard what's the big deal about it. Also where are we, you seem to know whats going on here."

Ignoring her questions Ebon kept drilling for more information, obviously tired of it she just wanted the weirdo to guy away so she can go back home.

(Ebon)"Ask where you are connected to, see if you hear anything new."

(Stranger)"Alright, wait something responded… It says 5 Billion viewers live on earth, what the hell?

0