Setup
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The church was fully on repair mode, they ignored the mountains focusing just on building back their land. The changes were different to what people recalled, instead of just repairing old bridges they laid metal track everywhere too. The church was setting up a train system for its military, it was going to change the entire system of warfare.

 

Before they could only do short burst in war, or rely on locals for supplies. Now with the improved train system that elemental sorcerers made, they could go far longer distances than a mere steam train. Unlike a steam train that needed coal, it just needed a single apprentice sorcerer and went for days just using water. 

 

The world was moving fast, over at the Monroe family they were taken aback by the defeat.

They gave up the strategy of using stupid bandits, and slaves. Now they put quality before quantity, every single battle with guns, and artilerly was studied to the most minute details. They didn’t stop turning rocks over until they found Vera, she was sent by a high elder blood mage to a front line.

 

Despite being outnumbered and outgunned she managed to hold the position and has now secured some royal hammers. The cannons ment nothing to the Monroe family, instead it was her crafty ideas that got their attention. The high elder blood mage lost his leadership role already because he abandoned a monroe family member, now he was just a elder again. The Monroe family put someone in their family in charge, and he was a special person.

Several days later during the cold season, a weird army walked up the base behind it, it was bizarre watching a group of people being whipped to near death with smiles on their faces as they dragged a carriage with no wheels. Vera being the commander and elder of the base went to meet this potential elder in person.

 

“Greetings! Are you perhaps the lovely lady I have come here for!”

It was still broad daylight and a clearly vampire young man jumped out standing slowly burning in the sun. He had a glowing smile on his face that was unnaturally big, and eyes that were pulled giving him a creepy stare. His outfit was dirty, it was clearly from human organs and blood.

 

“Perhaps, I am the only lady on base. The name is Vera, a elder of the Monroe family.”

She spoke carefully, but he lunged at her hand, taking it into a handshake. She was shaken by his hard shaking, he spoke fast like a drug addict finding his next hit. His hair was white and cut short in spots and other spots it was long looking messy, with all his teeth filed down to be sharp looking.

 

“Perfect, perfect, perfect! I love you already, you should feel proud of that! I rarely love anyone, not even my favorite puppets! My name is Monroe Conzie, my dear uncle Monroe Phillip died in that fortress Zion with your teacher. That makes us relatives right!”

She was taken aback by his fast talk and weird angle of looking at things, so she smiled nervously. This man was nuts, she looked into his open carriage he jumped out of. Inside was a half eaten  girl who with her organs pulled apart was still alive with a crazy looking smile, he had parts of her still on him. While shaking his hand her whole body shook with his handshake, he didn’t let go.

 

“The place, you know the place! Where are you keeping captives! I am hungry, very hungry. You keep captives right?! Why the shaking head no? Whatever, whatever, just give me some men you dislike!”

She was terrified of this man now, she got her hand free finally when she named two people that caused issues. She saw the others that followed her pale up and realize she sent two of them to a fate worse than death. The man Conzie Monroe didn’t have to wait long, he went back inside the carriage eating the girl's intestines with the door still open. She realized something big happened back in the Monroe family, they directly sent a family member here.

0