Prologue
63 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a child, Michael Marvin possessed a natural talent for boxing that defied his small stature and lack of training. His mother initially feared for his safety as he defeated opponents much older and larger than himself.

But it was when he reached college that his exceptional skills led to tragedy.

In a fateful bout with a professional boxer, Michael's blows caused the opponent's eyelid to tear, spilling blood that eventually led to the boxer's blindness and death. Though he was a minor at the time, Michael's mother was overcome with fear.

She saw her son as a deadly weapon, capable of killing again if he continued to pursue professional boxing.

Desperate to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again,
Michael's mother pleaded with him to never fight in the ring ever again.

She urged him to turn the other cheek when struck, and to accept any unfairness without resorting to violence.
Michael, who had always looked up to his mother as his sole parent, obeyed her without hesitation.

Years passed, and Michael grew into a muscular young man.

But he never again asserted himself in physical situations, preferring to avoid them entirely. He had become a shell of his former self, haunted by the memory of his past actions and the weight of his mother's words.

And yet, as he sat in a college lecture hall one day, an unexpected object appeared before him: a mysterious boxing ring.

Michael was faced with a choice that could change the course of his life forever.

Would he succumb to the violence he had left behind, or would he let his past destroy him?

6