CH06: Mysterious Ring 6
26 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Michael finally stepped into the ring, he couldn't help but feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins.

He sized up his opponent, a tall, muscular guy who looked like he could take a beating.
Michael had never seen him before, but it didn't matter. In this game, anyone could be called up to fight.

As he circled the ring, Michael had a whole monologue internally about whether he should kill this guy.

He knew he was just following the strange rules of this game, but that didn't make it any easier.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

As he pondered this, a million thoughts raced through his head.
Was it right to kill someone just because he wanted to live?
Was it necessary to take a life to prove oneself in this twisted game?
Michael struggled with these questions, wondering if there was any other way.

But then he thought about the people who had died before him.
They had all been normal people, just like him.
They all had doubts and fears, just like him.
But in the end, they had all died, one by one.

Michael couldn't shake the feeling that he was next, that he would be the next one to fall if he didn't fight back.

And so, he made his decision.

He would kill this man, not because he enjoyed it, but because he believed that the ones who were ready to kill should be ready to die as well.

He would do it for the sake of survival, for the sake of proving to himself that he was strong enough to make it out of this hellish game alive.

The big guy spoke first, breaking the tense silence.
"Don't be a coward, man. We're in the same weight division. Let's give the audience a good show."

Michael narrowed his eyes, taking the guy's words as a challenge.
He nodded once, acknowledging the man's words. "Bring it on," he replied coldly.

The big guy came charging towards Michael, throwing heavy punches that Michael easily dodged with quick movements of his head. Michael was like a dancer in the ring, moving swiftly and gracefully, dodging the big guy's punches with ease.

The big guy tried to grab Michael, but Michael slipped out of his grip and countered with a quick jab to the face.

Michael was starting to feel alive in the heat of this fight. It had been a long time since he had so much fun.

The big guy was stunned, but he quickly recovered and came at Michael again.

Michael danced around him, throwing quick jabs and punches that landed with precision.

The big guy swung wildly, but Michael easily dodged his punches and landed counterattacks that snapped the big guy's head back. Michael could have ended the fight at any moment, but he wanted to make the big guy suffer a little longer.

Finally, after a few more minutes of Michael toying with him, the big guy became desperate and lunged forward with a wild swing.

Michael sidestepped him, and with lightning speed, he landed a brutal uppercut that sent the big guy crashing to the mat.

The big guy didn't get up. Michael had won the fight, but he felt no joy in his victory.

He knew that he had just taken another life, and he wondered if he was any better than the other students who had killed without hesitation in this same ring for more mana.

Suddenly, he heard a voice that echoed in his mind, "Great accomplishment! You have been recognized as a fighter. Now your body will be cleansed and strengthened by mana."

Michael felt a strange energy entering his body, and he knew that it was the mana that the mysterious voice had talked about.

As he stood there, he saw a screen that appeared before his eyes, displaying his physical traits.

[Michael Marvin]

[Race: Human]

[Strength: 10]

[Agility: 10]

[Endurance: 10]

[Mana: 10]

[Idle Mana Points: 5]

His strength, agility, endurance, and mana were all quantified, and he could see that he had become stronger than he was before. Then, he heard the voice again, "You have absorbed your opponent's mana, and you have five points to use."

Michael was confused at first but soon realized that he could use these points to improve his physical attributes.
He closed his eyes and focused on the points, deciding to distribute them evenly between his strength, agility, and endurance.

After allocating the points, he felt a sudden surge of power coursing through his body.

Raven stood there, feeling the rush of mana in his veins. He had never felt so alive before. The power that flowed through him was incredible, and he knew that he wanted to test it out. He looked around, scanning the area for someone to fight.

But then, a thought struck him. Would he kill more people now? Would he become what his mother had warned him about if he pursued professional boxing? He paused for a moment, considering the consequences.

But when his eyes found the bully below the ring, he decided, why not? Why should he not kill this guy? He had been a menace to others, and Raven knew that he deserved to be punished.

Asuna's decision to not kill in the Boxing Ring of Hell was not shared by Michael.

Driven by the desire to test his newfound power and to rid himself of the bully Raven, Michael made the decision to take another life.

With the strength of the mana coursing through his body, he found the power to end Raven's life.

Though it was a decision that would haunt him, he knew that he had done what he believed was necessary to survive in this new brutal world which might have more things in store, like this Boxing Ring of Hell!

4