77 Fasach
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

           I came too from the dreamless sleep that was recharging. Looking outside the busted windshield, I saw no buildings, so other ships, no shuttles, just a bright blue sky along with something new. Two suns high above glowered down. It occurred to me then that I never really looked up. I mean, I did when I was getting chased down by the countless numbers of Hud users, but I wasn’t really looking. It was beautiful, alien, and hot. It was really fucking hot.

            Sitting up fully, I gathered myself. The ship was a mess. Most of the pink fluid either got ejected or splashed out. What hadn’t collected in small puddles or crevices, were now dried up crust on myself, and nearly every surface of the ship's interior. Between my own swords, daggers, and the user’s axes, the inside of the ship looked as if we dropped it in a blender. Hundreds of pieces of shelves, tubes, cabinets, and more were scattered around. One would think a large reptilian creature got inside and scratched up the walls by the sheer number of gauges and rents. The large tube that tilted the ship was no longer spewing out white gas, making me wonder how the little man could fix the issue, and how in the hell he was able to get us out of there.

            I felt my hair sopping wet under my armor; I had been lying that way for some time as the binary stars tried their best to boil me alive. Recalling my Hud, I spoke. Well, I tried to speak. All that came out were raspy mumbles for Imona. The wind still made the room quite loud, so I decided to speak internally.

            “Imona? How am I?” I asked, probing the wounds from the earlier fights.

            My hand was no longer bleeding. That was good, though it was still an opened wound. Sweat now dripped into the claw marks along my stomach, stinging like a son of a bitch, but also no longer bleeding. I felt alert, noticing that I was nearly fully recharged just before removing my armor.

            “You’re fiiiine.” She sighed. “About time you wake up.”

            “I’m sorry?”

            “You should be.” She said.

            “Well, I’m not.” I replied, feeling miserable still. “I need a shower. Also, water, I need water.”

            I unclipped the seatbelt, took a deep breath, and stood up. My right leg immediately gave out, and I fell flat on my face with a loud thump. My legs were asleep. Leval noticed me then as I just stayed there, groaning and contemplating just falling back asleep. Little hands tapped the back of my head, so I turned my body around; it was the most difficult thing I’ve ever done. Large green eyes checked on me, up and down. He pulled out a little palm sized device, running it up and down. He came to a stop at my hand, then my waist, murmuring something under his breath the entire time. Returning to his stool, he placed his hand in an unusual position along the edge. Stepping back, the chair tilted back, revealing a hidden compartment.

            After grabbing something, he walked back towards me with something I very well recognized.

            “No…” I croaked.

            In his little hand, the monster held another syringe. It was the same that he shot me with when first crashing into his shuttle. The healing liquid was that just as likely to cause someone’s heart to fail as to heal them, and he stood ready to stab it in.

            “I… I’d rather die.” I said.

            “You need!” He croaked.

            “Water…”

            His oversized ears tucked like a puppy, then turning once more, he returned holding a metal thermos. I cracked the top and slopped it down. Trying not to cough up, I discovered quickly that it was not water. Its foul taste stung my nostrils with an acidity not unlike bile. I could feel it quenching my thirst, so I forced myself to hold it down, but just barely.

            “Oh… god…” I gaged. “What is that?”

            “Sickle Piss!” He replied, angrily.

            “Wha… wa… PISS?!” I growled, grabbing him by the throat. “You gave me piss!!”

            “Not… real… pee…”

            I had him by the throat, but I wasn’t squeezing… that hard. Damn, I was exhausted. I dropped him, only now really noticing just how short he was. Leval was only about two feet tall, that was including his oversized pointed ears. I noticed that his green skin was cool even under this blistering hot sun. Golins aren’t real, but though a million years of selective breading and genetic modification, it isn’t that wild that something like this was created. In the little studying I did on the trip there, I learned just how large the empire was. It was so large to be nearly unimaginative. We are talking in the order of billions, not people, but worlds across the four universes. Granted, much of them have less than a thousand people, but just as many have populations in the trillions.

            “Leval?” I said.

            “Yes?”

            “I have two questions.”

            “Two only git? You be stupid so.” He replied.           

             I ignored him.

            “The first, and the most important. Are you a goblin?” Asking the question I had when first seeing Skrap.

            He tilted his head.

            “Old insult…” he tisked. “We called the Fasach, desert people.”

            “You are human?”

            He tilted his head in question.

            “We all human.”

            “Right… next question. Who is flying the ship?”

            He scoffed a laugh.

            “In air. Run into anything is nah.” He said.

            I nodded.

            “Right… right… so, that mountain?” I pointed.

            Leval turned his head, seeing what I was pointing at. He hopped in the air quite adorably I might say, but the manic screaming was not. Leaping to the controls, he quickly turned the ship, causing me to be thrown back into my seat. The little bastard… we weren’t even that close to the mountain.

            “What did I just drink? Like, what is it really?” I asked, joining him at his pilot stool, rather than the back of the ship.

            “I told you.”

            That was all he said. Not only was it his only reply, it was also in a mocking tone of my accent, followed up by cackling laughter. Deciding to ignore him, I walked up to the howling window, looking out into a sea of sand. Vast, endless the oceans existence seemed infinite. Strange enough, it reminded me of the void of space. Its bleak expanse was beautiful in its own right with its sole break from the monotony being an incredibly tall mountain smack dab in the front of us. Well, now it was to the side of us… I don’t really know Leval well, but it seems like only he would fly us directly into the one freaking thing in a desert.

            “Rrright… Leval? Where are we going?”

            “Pyromancer. Be looking for you. Lucky me! For reward!” he replied.

            The more he spoke, the more I realized that the common accent of this world sounded like three-year-olds with some major issues.

            “How did you find me? Also, my name is Bas.”

            “No!”

            “Excuse me?”

            “Ah… Shit… Umm, I know. Stupid accent.” He struggled, smacking his head.

            “My accent is stupid?” I exclaimed.

            “Live here, me. It’s good.”

            “I.. I hate it here. One day, and you have hit me with your…” I looked around the utterly destroyed ship. “Shuttle… twice! I’ve been pick pocketed by children. I still need to figure that out, not to mention Morgan getting her head smashed!”

            Leval’s massive eyes opened even wider.

            “She dead? Bitch queen?” he sounded excited.

            I shook my head.

            “I think she will be just fine…”

            I wasn’t sure how I felt about that; she was clearly insane, torturing my friend and dismembering her. Other than that, she was courteous… even sexy, if I’m honest with myself. Sexy can be evil… evil can be sexy. She was the Queen of Envy. Moving on from that train of thought, she was arguably my closest friend's mother; I decided to move on from the original thought as well.

            “Who is the Pyromancer?” I asked.

            “SKRAP!” he shouted happily.

            Yeah… I really hated this place. At least one issue was resolved. Maybe this… whatever Skrap is, can help me find the others.

0