Chapter 1 – Virtual insanity
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 In poverty cast forth with a life of poverty Deiniol Roberts a welsh lad of good stature had decided to get a loan of 50,000 pounds to play the biggest virtual mmorpg in the world it was called Galactic legends and heroes

The virtual mmorpg has been played since the years 2100 to 3100 with Deiniol roberts being 20 he was born in 3080 to a mother that abandoned him on a doorstep since birth his father during that time was a seaman so he was raised by his cousins, abused by his cousins everyday, Deiniol Roberts grew a thick skin,

Having 6 cousins they lived in poverty and had to survive on brown bread and water, being subjected to a pyramid scheme they had no running water so they had they had to wash themselves at school, being a dunce since he couldn’t understand welsh Deiniol Roberts left school at the age of 12, doing odd jobs like the paper round and doing furniture refurbishments he also became an illegal car spray painter he made his money however due to his grandmother's health problems he spent it all on her medical bills.

Deiniol Roberts never played video games in his life before he knew about Galactic legends and heroes however the epic stories and tales of empires rising and falling were of no interest to him. However Deiniol had to leave home as his uncle and aunt decided to kick him out of the house.

With nowhere to go he went to his grandmas house his grandma recently suffers from crohn's disease and had pneumonia as well, she lived in absolute poverty and she was suffering from early onset dementia

Thus Deiniol roberts was going to support his grandma by becoming a professional virtual mmorpg player. Getting a loan of 50,000 pounds allowed him to buy a game character. He also took out a high interest shark loan of 5,000 to pay for the gaming capsule.

During this time wales became independent and with that the country couldn’t support free healthcare anymore, All of his cousins couldn’t even afford to go to college as tuition fees were so high. Even if his uncle and aunt decided to kick them out he still loved his cousins and would take a bullet for them, if the time arose. Galactic legends and heroes had over 56 alien races to choose from this ranged from Human to Lion to Slug. Deiniol Roberts decided to buy a human character for 50,000 pounds leaving him 55,000 pounds in debt. Today was the day the game capsule was arriving at his house.

“Grandma, Grandma I will pay for your medical bills don’t worry about the cost I will be the best video game player in the world I will spend all day and night playing the game for us, I will even send your grandchildren to college, maybe I will go to college if you want me to too”

Aberfa looks at her grandchild and says “I know your the oldest of my grandchildren but doing something so reckless to earn money is going to make your deathbed, I don’t support this decision Deiniol”

Then a truck pulled up to the house, and they knocked on the door Aberfa lived in an apartment complex with her being on level 1, it wouldn’t take long for them to carry capsule to the room. With the capsule firmly placed in the living room/kitchen it took more space than he thought it would. Typically people who lived in poverty didn’t play virtual reality games so he would be faced against people that had a higher income than him, meaning they could convert real life money into playing the game. Roberts decided to buy the cheapest gaming capsule meaning it was a Rank U capsule the higher the Rank of capsule the better experience you would be given this went up to Rank S. Everything in Galactic legends and heroes had a rank associated with it with the Highest being SSS and the lowest being U.

Since wales was a poor country not many players hailed from wales. Deiniol Roberts was a lad with a roundish pink face, curly light brown hair and a height of 5.7. The size of the capsule was 6 feet in size meaning that he could just fit in. Roberts didn’t own a computer nor has he used a computer in his life, his cousins couldn’t even afford a television license so they watched german television using an illegal television box. Basically his knowledge of the game was pitiful he went to the agency to buy a character and he even left his appearance the same.

Just before he was ready to get into the capsule his younger cousin knocked on the door “Hello, hello can you answer?” It was Scarlet the youngest cousin at age 12 she came around to offer him some cookies that she recently made, him and his cousins both lived in aberdaron which only had one grocery store meaning different types of food is going to be scarce. Deiniol opened the door and then scarlet pounced on him giving him a giant hug. As she placed the box of cookies on the ground. With that done Deiniol started to get into the game capsule and so the adventure begins.

In the game every skill and attribute had a max level of 100 respawns worked by having a QI satellite in game which you put money or Qi into the satellite to resurrect your character, every race had a different value for what a person is valued the goblin race is valued at 5,000 space credits whereas a human is valued at 25,000 space credits. The game allowed for two types of spawning location an SCP and a SS. SCP stands for solar colony planet and SS stands for spaceship and space station. Currently Deiniol was given an option start at an SCP or an SS without knowing what these terms meant he chose the SS. This gave him an option of 20,000 locations he then looked for earth. Without being able to find earth he looked for mars, and then jupiter

0