Chapter 1 – Tasha
104 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tasha

All the central governments from Ma'least region would shudder to hear that name. Crime lord and Underground superpowers are like a meager Karp-Eater being fostered by old seniles compared to the King-o-the-Sea, predator of predators; Tasha.

Lords from Ma'least would have panic attacks in the middle of the night or daylight every time they misheard that name over the rustle of greens, crowdy street-talks, waves of the oceans, or weird Poets' dialect.

Spies' expression would gleam in ecstasy for a new piece of intel over the owner of this name. For one right strike of a hammer is all that it takes for them to ascend to a lifestyle of the chad-like Aristocrats.

But despite that, not all the people in Trebüshka know of that name. Well, not technically true, because someone in the world probably have the same name as him by coincidence.

Supreme Mentors from the Ma'least region would describe the name owner as the incarnation of a Tyrant from the Abyss, having insidious aura emanating from the jade-black hood concealing half of his ever-changing face.

"His Aura so horrifying, his form so twisted, his eyes would peer to the depth of the souls and his plan so inconspicuous, he could befall a kingdom in one careful move" As the Chief of Ma'least Seers Court put it. 

The name so infamous in the Ma'least region, that the governments made an Alliance to deal with him and classified the information to prevent any panic to the masses.

The thing is, the reality is a far stretch compared to the rumors.

"Goddammit, goddammit! where is my fucking money!"

He said, muttering in low voice. The teenager looks behind him and curses while his hand still reaching inside a peculiar bag. The expression on his face is as if a beggar in which his dinner was eaten by a rat.

"My craving is unexpectedly big on this High-Sols"

The guy behind him says in low voice as well. His face shows no change while patting his buffed up stomach. His arms were well-defined, thicker your average joe. Heck, even his body would be the worship material for sculptors in this day and age.

They both are dressed in a similar leather outfit, the kind that you would see in the typical run-of-the-mill street scammy of a bastard shopping stall. It's a miracle that they have the privilege of entering this high-class parlor suite, without being suspected as a burglar.

"UNEXPECTEDLY!? for fuck sake, didn't I told you that I'm going to buy a staff last week?” He said in a crescendo.

"I'm sorry. But if it's about the Colosseum fight next day, I'm sure Tasha would do just fine. I doubt any Magi in this continent would ever compare to you in a Duel."

The shopkeeper glared at both of them from behind the counter. The people in the store stares at them with a judgmental look.

"Well duh!, I don't need you to remind me about that, but how am I supposed to look cool while I Duel without an expensive staff?." Tasha said, lowering his voice again.

The burly guy was speechless for a moment and Tasha continued.

"Surely you wouldn't mind if I sell one of your Artifact?"

"Unacceptable! My Artifact is the heirloom of the Radiant Dragon Kingdom!, it is priceless in the eyes of all dragon! Much less mortal!." 

"Enough! Shout one more time and I'll confiscate your Merchant's Badge!." Clearly dissatisfied, the shopkeeper finally spoke.

Shocked by the mere thought of it, Tasha grabbed the burly guy's head, and both of them bowed at a 45-degree angle.

"We apologize for the inconvenience, it will not happen again.

Sneering, the keeper crossed his arms and said.

"Fine, then you both have to make up your mind. You've been around for almost an hour in here already."

"Certainly. Do you happen to have a staff for a low-level Magi?, I'll take the cheapest one."

The shopkeeper sigh, but he walks to the furthest corner of shelves, and grabbed a barely noticeable wooden staff covered in a cloud of thin dust and gave it to Tasha.

"220 Ruse, it's a non-attribute dual-core staff."

"Whoa! Weiss, look at that!"

The staff was of an old root of a tree. It was furnished with a speck of shiny dust with a colorless four-cornered jewel that sits on the top of it as if it was a hand clenching it. 

"Ehh-heh, who would've made a dual-core non-attribute staff? It's like putting wheels in the same side of a wagon." Weiss said as he grinned thinly.

"Shut up, it's the most unique garba- ehem staff I've seen in my entire life!. Inside, contained the secret of Nature Elemental manipulation, I've struck gold!. Alright, here's 220 Ruse.”

Stupefied, the shopkeeper hesitantly accepted the money.

“Well, there goes our money. Alright, let's get moving. Thank you, old man!.”

“Sure" the shopkeeper said, still dazed. Tasha and Weiss left the parlor and the silence filled the air again.

'The way the youth talks back there about the staff… I think his name is Tasha. Wait a minute, don't tell me that he is… a complete idiot!?, who would buy a non-attribute staff for 220 Ruse!??' The shopkeeper shakes his head as he continues wiping a knife-like Artifact.

As they both walk towards their base, time continues to march onward without stopping. Crowds of people bustling in a cacophony of activity didn't obstruct their way.

"Alright Weiss real pep talk here," Tasha suddenly stops at a quieter alley and turns to face Weiss.

The birds turn quiet, people stop walking, black and white instantly dominates all colors. No sound, no color, every sense of visual aspects diminishes, Weiss even felt that his body is getting numb. 

"Don't screw up again this time. I don't give a damn even if we have to chew glass and shit fire, but we will make it work, together alright? This is a fresh start, I told you we can only do this two or three times."

"And this time, we will succeed in conquering Fate, believe me as I, Tasha, The Conqueror of All Magic have pledged."

The man who defeated Legendary Lords. The Tyrant of the Abyss, who has fought countless Duel and never lost once, and Slayer of Deus.

 And here lies the words of a being feared by the gods.

'Look upon my creation ye mighty, Despair!'

- Tasha, the Author of The Ars of Decidium.

4