Chapter 7: Valeria
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: Valeria

With Merys cradled in her arms, Valenya looked at Valeria and Auris with a mixture of concern and determination. The truth of the Empire's fall remained elusive, and the certainty of the prophecy weighed heavily upon them.

"The reasons behind the Empire's downfall still elude us, Reverend Mother Moria has foreseen it." Valenya began, her voice tinged with a hint of doubt. "But in the face of uncertainty, I must make a recommendation. You should consider leaving this city-state, seeking refuge in one of the surrogate kingdoms."

Valeria eyes widened, her love for her homeland shining through. "Abandon the Empire? But this is our country, our people! We can't simply turn our backs on them."

Auris nodded solemnly, his resolve firm. "Valenya, I understand your concerns, but I cannot abandon my responsibilities as a lord. Instead, I propose a different course. We will gather wealth and troops, slowly and steady, directing them toward one of our far territories under the guise of maintaining the Empire's sovereignty. It will give us a strategic advantage and minimize potential losses."

Valenya snorted, her disappointment evident. "Too little, too late. By the time you realize the gravity of the prophecy, it will be upon us. And what of Merys? He is delicate and will require your full attention."

Valeria bit her lip, her emotions warring within her, her eyes full of tears about to burst. After a moment of deep contemplation, resolve settled upon her face. "Mother, what if you took Merys with you to Avalon? You can protect him, teach him the ways of the Sisterhood, and keep him away from any impending danger."

Both Auris and Valenya were shocked by such an audacious proposition. Auris remained silent, his mind racing with conflicting thoughts. Valenya opened her mouth to deny the option, but Valeria interrupted, her voice filled with determination.

"It's the best option we have if we want Merys to be safe." Valeria insisted, her grip tightening on her husband's hand. "He needs to be outside the reach of danger. And we need you, Mother. He needs you."

Valenya took a deep breath, doubt evaporating from her eyes. "Despite everything, you are still my daughter, and he is still my grandson. How can I deny you both? I will take Merys. But what about you?"

Valeria revealed a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "I still have connections within the empire. Friends from the Sisterhood, intelligence agents placed in key positions. They can help us, aid Auris in his endeavors."

The last thunder of the night rumbled, abruptly ending the conversation between the three adults. Merys's cries for attention filled the air, grounding them in the present moment, where their love for one another and their commitment to protecting their child took precedence.

In the hush that followed, Valeria and Auris exchanged a silent understanding. They knew the sacrifices that lay ahead and the uncertainties they faced. But their love for Merys and their determination to safeguard his future fueled their resolve.

The path before them was fraught with challenges and sacrifices, but together they would navigate the stormy seas of destiny. Valenya, with Merys in her care, would journey to Avalon, seeking solace and wisdom within the ancient realm of the Sisterhood.

Valeria and Auris, bound by their love and duty, would leverage their strenght and influence to protect their country and lay the groundwork for a better future. As the thunderstorm subsided and the first rays of dawn painted the horizon, a solemn silence fell upon the room. Valeria, Auris, and Valenya knew that they stood at a crossroads, where difficult choices would shape their lives and the fate of their world.

0