Chapter 10: I Think Should…
1.2k 12 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I walked up the stairs, I thought about everything that was happening to me. Still a bit unbelievable the fact of passing, thinking about it I finally reached the 4th floor where our apartment was.

When I reached the door, I took the keys out of my pocket to open the door. But the door opened in front of me before I did. Isabella, as if about to come out, stopped when she saw me.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. She was obviously wearing a bit of makeup, which was rather suspicious. In answer to my question, she replied, "To meet some friends." Watching her walk away, she's probably still angry with me.. Thinking it was good for her, it would be better to be home less until I could work things out.

But just as I was about to go inside, I heard my sister's voice behind me, which made me freeze in place. "By the way, about fifteen minutes ago, two people came in, saying they were acquaintances of yours." Looking back, she asked me doubtfully, "You're not involved in something weird, are you?" Although she didn't seem to want to show she cared about me, a subtle emotion gave her away.

Smiling back, I spoke. "There's nothing strange, going out with friends. Come back soon and be careful." Speaking, I went inside, but there was already a vague sense of unease as well as anger inside. Closing the door, I could see my sister leaving.

I quickly went to my bedroom and turned on my laptop, logging on to a familiar website. I was not surprised to receive a message. Going in, I looked at the contents: "Sweetie, change of plans. You need to do what we said in 3 days. Otherwise, you know what will happen."

That was the first message. It seemed like not answering would force them to check my situation. Scrolling down, I found another message:

'Cutie, turns out you have such a pretty sister. You know, I know a really good place for her. I don't know if she'd be interested in that. Eh, but our actions depend on you, although you somehow managed to avoid our surveillance. You're not thinking of leaving your sister alone and running away, are you? Hehe, would be unfortunate, but we can also use your sister for that. Remember, you have two days.'

The more I read, the more my teeth clenched. I tried to breathe deeply and calm myself before sending a message:

'Sorry, I was trying to prepare the contents to show in a more convenient package and inadvertently spilled it all out. I wanted to find something like that for it. I also don't know that I was being followed. I'm sorry, just don't hurt my sister. I'll do anything, please.'

I intentionally made some mistakes in my writing to make the other party think I was scared. After sending the message, I waited for their response. They would either contact me or tell me what to do. If there's a chance, I'd like to solve them first, although I'm pretty weak right now. In terms of skills, I'm more likely to be able to beat them.

As I waited, another message soon arrived:

'Girl, you are such a slob. Okay, all right, we'll give you another one. But this time, you have to pay for it. You know what I mean, dress nice. And then come to this address tonight. You know doing stupid things would be bad, right?'

Damn freaks. Restraining my emotions, I sent a message agreeing to their terms. Looking at the address, I wondered what to do. Suddenly, another notification came from the site. Going in, I saw the following."

**Status:** Accept

 

## Assassination Quest

 

**Descriptions:** None

 

**Supplemental Info:** None

 

**Due Date:** Two Weeks Three days 

 

**Award:** ****

 

** Note, the definition of the condition applies. If you fail the assignment, you have to pay the penalty. Otherwise your data will automatically become available.**

 

My face was getting darker. I thought the problem could easily be solved by relying on my skills. However, the situation was clearly out of control, and I panicked for a moment. Breathing exercises quickly calmed me down.

I paced back and forth in the apartment, wondering what to do. Even if I could deal with those freaks, I still needed to kill the target. Either those bastards did it on purpose, or I was just really unlucky.

As I looked around, my gaze suddenly fell on the knife lying on the nightstand. I took it and started stabbing the air with it. At this point, it was better than nothing.

Continuing to swing like crazy, I suddenly received a notification.

[New skill gained (Wielding of edged weapons)]

Upon opening it, the following appeared:

Announcement
Skill Name: Weapon Wielding

Level: 1

Description: You have basic proficiency with edged weapons such as knives, daggers, and blades. You can use them for simple strikes and blocking attacks.

"That's what I need at this point," I thought. Immediately, my movements with the knife became smoother and more standard.

After gaining the skill, it became much easier to practice with an understanding of how to act standard. After stopping for a while, I quickly cooked something to eat before starting to swing the knife again. It didn't take long to raise the level of this skill, and soon it reached level 3.

Announcement
Skill Name: Knife Wielding

Level: 3

Description: You have become a more agile and flexible wielder of edged weapons. Your movements become more effective, and you can perform combinations of attacks and blocking with better coordination.

After trying it for a while, my hands became fast with the knife. But to reach level 4, it seems like it might not be enough until tonight. Not only do I get a lot of fatigue myself, but I also have to swing a few times to get it to stay.

However, getting this skill has increased my confidence, and now the odds are better. If possible, I would like to get rid of all these freaks and then complete the task according to the site's instructions. 

Even if the one who gave the assignment dies, the money will still be transferred, and the assignment will be considered completed. The website does not care at all whether the worker is alive or dead since it receives a percentage of all assignments. In addition, you can create a job if you have already invested money in the website, so there is a guarantee.

Although this is not 100% guaranteed, until I myself am sure, but given the enormity of this site, it is quite natural. The owners of the site must be very large patrons because it still works, or they just haven't found a server.

Once again, to gain energy, I began to rest and wait for the time when I had to go to the specified place.

Finally, evening approached, and before leaving, I called my sister. She was at her friend's house and would be back later. After confirming, I dressed to cover my face so I could hide my identity if necessary. I wore a hooded t-shirt, a pair of gloves in my pocket, and a mask covering half of my face.

I walked down the street and got on the subway, getting off after a few stops. After wandering through the streets, I stopped a cab on the way, even though it was a little expensive. I looked away so the driver wouldn't remember my face, but some people might still recognize me even with half of my face covered.

I walked a few more streets to get to my destination, aided by the skill of counterintelligence since it might be turbulent that day. In front of me was a building that looked like a hotel, and there was a man smoking in front of it.

From my memory, he was one of those freaks. He seemed to be waiting for me and, on seeing me, he first showed an expression of doubt. Then he smirked and threw me an understanding look.

As I got closer, I could feel several knives attached to various places on my body.

 

Status

Name: Elanora

Power: 4 (10 Ordinary Man)

Flexibility: 6+2 (10 Ordinary Man)

Speed: 5 (10 Ordinary Man)

Intelligence: 11 (10 Ordinary Man)

Skills:

- Breath: Level 4 [812600/1000000] (+)

- Walking: Level 3 [73200/1000000] (+)

- Stamina: Level 3 [61400/100000] (+)

- Balance: Level 3 [30400/100000] (+)

- Attention: Level 3 [34300/100000] (+)

- Pain Threshold: Level 2 [4300/10000] (+)

- Cleaning: Level 2 [8100/10000] (+)

- Physical Training: Level 2 [5100/10000] (+)

- Running: Level 2 [3200/10000] (+)

- Master of Combat: Level 1 [800/1000] (+)

- Cooking: Level 2 [2100/10000] (+)

- Shooting: Level 2 [1300/10000] (+)

- Maneuverability: Level 2 [2100/10000] (+)

- Counterintelligence: Level 2 [3400/10000] (+)

- Weapon Knowledge: Level 2 [6700/10000] (+)

- Possession of edged weapons: Level 3 [22700/100000] (+)

[collapse]
62