Chapter 19
1.1k 14 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon entering the apartment, my gaze fell upon Isabella's closed room. With a sigh, I placed the groceries I had bought on the table and started preparing a meal. I didn't need to make anything too fancy.

Once everything was organized, I approached the door of her room and knocked.

"Dinner is ready, come and eat," I said.

As I turned around to sit at the table, I heard her voice from the room.

"I'm not hungry, I'm going to bed," her voice was still irritated.

I felt disappointed and a familiar feeling of loneliness. After standing there for a few seconds, I returned to the table. I ate a little but realized I had no appetite at all.

After getting up and cleaning up, I entered my room. I lay on the bed for a while, thinking about what to do with her. However, due to my limited experience, I couldn't come up with anything good.

Finally, unable to resist, I got up, took my laptop, and logged onto a website. I needed to confirm the completion of a task.

Upon opening the familiar website, I found the task window and clicked "completed."

Now, I just had to wait for them to confirm it. Then I would receive payment for the mission.

Although I didn't know how the confirmation aspect worked, there was nothing else I could do at that moment.

Since I was feeling too weak at the moment, there was nothing to do. But suddenly, I remembered the phone I took from that boy. Taking it out of my pocket, I started examining it.

After a while, realizing I couldn't do anything, I began searching the internet. I wasn't concerned about its specifications, but rather the potential ways to unlock the password.

Although I already had some hacking skills, they were low. The moment I remembered my skill, I immediately stopped searching.

Reviewing the skill description, I understood that the skill was at level one.

The website through which I learned this quickly came to mind. After searching for a while, a familiar picture appeared before me.

Without hesitation, I began performing the actions that helped me gain the skill. When I finished finding the password again, a familiar notification appeared, which brought a smile to my face.

Refreshing the website, I started doing it all over again. I repeated this nearly 10 times until the skill leveled up.

Raising the skill level

Skill Name: Hacking 

Level: 2 

Description: Your hacking skills have become more refined. You can execute more complex attacks and bypass advanced security systems. Your understanding of computer networks and security principles has deepened.

[collapse]

Right after that, new hacking ideas gradually emerged in my mind. I successfully applied them.

Repeating the same action, the amount of experience increased before my eyes.

Finally, when it was already 1 a.m., I performed the same actions once again.

Another notification appeared, but to my surprise, not only did the hacking skill increase, but my programming skill also improved. Since I had to use knowledge in that field in some places, progress was slow due to the amount of it.

Raising the skill level

 

Skill Name: Programmer 

Level: 2 

Description: Your programming skills have become more confident. You can create more complex programs and effectively use different programming languages.

[collapse]

Raising the skill level

Skill Name: Hacking 

Level: 3 

Description: You have become an experienced hacker. Your expertise allows you to perform complex attacks on various types of systems and networks. You possess knowledge of different hacking methods and can analyze systems for vulnerabilities.

[collapse]

After reading the descriptions of both skills, my gaze naturally fell upon the locked phone.

The idea of finding vulnerabilities prompted me to search the internet again. Gathering information, I began exploring the system installed on it.

After half an hour, I had some ideas that I needed to test. Although it was late, I still wanted to continue.

That's when I realized one thing, and all my energy quickly vanished.

The phone's input port was different from mine. It was better than the phone I currently had. Although the boy's phone wasn't the latest, it was better than mine and my sister's, which were quite old.

Realizing I didn't have the cable to connect it to the laptop, I turned off the laptop and fell onto the bed in a bad mood.

The nearest place to buy phone accessories was quite far away, and I was too tired to think about going there anyway.

When I was about to sleep, a thought suddenly came to me. It was highly possible that the disgusting jerk could see my mission completion confirmation.

This thought triggered a sense of crisis, and I couldn't be sure about anything because I didn't know many things.

After thinking for a while, I got up and left the room. Isabella's room was dark, so I looked around. Then my gaze fell upon a chair.

I dragged it behind the door and evaluated what would happen if the door was opened from the other side.

After thinking for a while longer, I placed a vase on the table. Carefully stepping back, I pondered what would happen and then went back to the bedroom.

If the door opens from the other side, it will hit the chair, causing the vase on it to fall and make a loud noise.

Since the vase appeared fragile, there's nothing even if it breaks. The main thing is that I'll hear about it. As for the inside, it's easy, my sister can just clean it up.

After completing my actions, I entered the room and took out a gun.

Checking both fortunately, though they aren't identical, the bullets were the same. Filling only one gun, I finally calmed the sense of crisis.

Putting it under the mattress, I lay down and tried to sleep.

...

(In third person)

In a quiet and peaceful city in the middle of the night, many bright lights belonging to tall buildings were visible.

At that moment, on one of them, on the top floors where the lights were on, an elegant woman could be seen.

Her blonde hair was slightly disheveled, and her blue eyes gazed intently at the document in front of her.

She was dressed in a formal suit, with a black business skirt.

Slender legs were covered in black stockings, and high heels completed her look. She appeared to be no older than 25.

At this late hour, she sat at her desk, looking at the papers with a weary expression.

Her face was very beautiful, but the atmosphere around her was not very pleasant.

She had to think about many things in these past few days. While she pondered that today was the last day, suddenly someone knocked on the door.

Sighing and moving her neck, she rid herself of stiffness and spoke.

"Come in."

In response to her voice, the door opened, and the secretary entered. She was also beautiful and dressed professionally.

"Miss, we just received notification that the mission has been accomplished."

The elegant woman wanted to continue her work but immediately stopped. Raising her head, she looked at the secretary.

"Do we have confirmation?"

"There is none on the website yet, but we have already sent people to check the news in advance... Miss, maybe it's better for you to rest?"

"Not yet. I cannot rest until this person is dead."

The woman tapped her fingers on the desk. It was evident that she, too, was eagerly awaiting news.

It didn't take them long when the secretary's phone rang. Hastily checking who it was, she looked at the woman.

After receiving a nod from the other side, she put the call on speakerphone and began to speak.

"What's the news?"

In response to her question, a man's voice was heard.

"At the moment, we learned that there was a shootout at the establishment. Someone used a weapon to kill people.

There is also confirmation that the list of victims includes the name of the person you asked about."

As soon as the last words were spoken, a slightly relieved expression appeared on the woman's face.

And then the corner of her mouth lifted slightly. Getting up, she gestured with her hand for the secretary to end the call.

Afterwards, the woman approached the large windows showing the entire city and spoke.

"As planned, catch the middleman and interrogate them. If possible, also discover the identity of the killer and gather information. Make sure the killer hasn't left any traces pointing to us. If there are no clues, let all suspicions fall on the killer.

Although I doubt anyone can find out about us. The main thing is to do it discreetly and unnoticed. Understand?"

The secretary heard and slightly lowered her head, responding.

"Yes, Miss."

After that, she turned around and left, making phone calls along the way.

Meanwhile, the woman still stood in front of the window, and a coldness could be seen in her tired eyes. Her lips moved, uttering words.

"All the culprits... I once promised to bury you. And I will do it..."

...

Burrrrr...

A noisy sound reached my ears, and a sense of crisis engulfed me. Without even opening my eyes, my hand reached out and gripped the gun under the mattress. Finally, my eyes opened and focused on the door.

Quickly getting out of bed, hiding the weapon behind my back, I approached the door and opened it.

Before my eyes, I saw Isabella doing something with the chair I left near the door last night.

Slipping the gun into my shorts and covering it with the t-shirt I was wearing while sleeping, I opened the door and stepped out.

Although I had somewhat come to terms with possessing a girl's body, I still hadn't put on underwear. It was more comfortable for me to wear shorts since the shape of panties distracted me.

Well, shorts also had their downsides; sometimes it ventilated too much down there.

Opening the door, I saw her putting the chair back before hurriedly grabbing her shoes and frantically putting on her sneakers.

Doubting where she was rushing to, I asked, "What happened? Where are you in such a hurry?"

She didn't raise her head, only quickly replied, "I have to go..."

I wanted to ask again, but at that moment her phone rang, and she answered it.

"Yes... yes, I hear... yes... at which hospital... I didn't have time to ask... okay, I'll come now... yes... bye."

"A hospital?"

Seeing her hang up the phone, I tried to ask again, but she ignored me and walked straight out of the house.

But in a sense, I already guessed; most likely, she's going to that boy, heh...

Looking at the time, it was 7:35. After thinking for a moment, I freshened up, had breakfast, and then started doing push-ups.

55