Chapter 22
1.1k 10 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking care of the boy's affairs, I sat down with my laptop and accessed the website. As before, there was a notification, upon opening I found an email. But there was also a photo of a person who was very familiar to me.

It was a photo of the third freak, and he appeared to be in a very bad condition and disarray. The photo was taken in a dimly lit place, where the light from a bulb fell on the freak.

"We are glad that you agreed to work with us. And so, the first thing we would like you to know is that you don't need to worry about one of the three individuals who forced you into this website.

Also, don't worry, the other two cannot harm you either. They got into some trouble a while ago..."

The first half of the words puzzled me about the actions of the other side. Could it be that they are showing such an attitude so that I voluntarily fulfill the mission?

But the other part puzzled me even more. It seems that the other side doesn't know that I killed those two freaks. Is it possible that they are just pretending, or do they really not know?

If it's the former, they are too cunning. And if it's the latter, it seems I have many chances to resist or eliminate them.

After thinking for a moment, I continued reading.

"So, none of them pose a threat to you, and we ourselves don't want to cross a certain line. 

You can see your next target for elimination in the missions tab. You can carry out the elimination however you want, just make sure you are not discovered. If you agree, accept it."

Having read it to the end, I switched to another tab and clicked on the notifications, receiving the following.

Mission


Status: No Accept

Assassination: Quest

Descriptions: Your target is a high-profile individual known as Adrian Blackwood. He is a renowned businessman with connections to various criminal organizations.

Supplemental Info: Adrian Blackwood is frequently seen at his luxurious penthouse in the heart of the city. He has a fondness for expensive cars and is often accompanied by a team of bodyguards. Be aware that he is well-protected, and infiltrating his inner circle will be crucial for a successful assassination.

Due Date: You have three weeks to complete the mission. The deadline is set for exactly 21 days from now.

Award: 10,000 MQE-P

 

Mission Level: 1

[collapse]

Besides all the information at the bottom, his address was also indicated, where he could often be seen and what business he was conducting. After reading everything in order and understanding the seriousness of the matter, I sighed.

After sitting in front of the laptop for some time, I felt a sense of helplessness, and finally clicked on accepting the assignment.

The task status changed, and now I had to eliminate another person.

Realizing that I didn't have a choice for now, I switched tabs on the website. In front of me appeared a range of weapons, accessories for them, and many other things.

Various types of weapons and ammunition were displayed on the laptop screen. But on most of the items, there was something like a banner with the word "blocked" written on it.

Seeing this, I clicked on the filter button at the top and set it to level 1.

Immediately, the page refreshed before my eyes and showed a lot of available weapons.

Among them, I could also see the pistols that I had. After switching a few times, I found the corresponding ammunition and clicked on buy.

In addition to a few more magazines for the pistol, I also bought a military knife, a bulletproof vest, and finally, a lightweight and more comfortable black uniform with a face-covering mask.

The total came to 2500MQE-P, which was 20000MQE.

Sighing at such a rapid disappearance of money, I received a message that the package would be delivered wherever I wanted.

Without hesitation, I marked a location on the map far away from home. After receiving notifications of the package's arrival in just one day, I thought for a moment and left the room to grab a bite to eat.

Afterwards, I had to wait for my sister and talk to her about something.

After preparing something for myself, I started eating. When I finished, I began exercising and completed it. Then I practiced with a knife.

Several more hours passed, and during this time Isabella finally came home.

I was in the living room when she opened the front door and walked inside. She was beautifully dressed but looked tired.

I also prepared something for her to eat, and seeing how she entered, I got up from the couch to set the table.

While she went into her room, I finished preparing and approached the door.

"Isabella, let's have dinner. I prepared something..."

"I've already eaten. I don't want to."

Once again, she didn't let me finish my words. With a sigh, I opened the door straight away and saw her. She was lying on the bed and doing something on her phone. When she saw me, she quickly glanced at me, her face expressing dissatisfaction.

"Come out, I want to talk to you about something."

In response, she turned away and continued doing something on her phone.

"Listen, Isabella, I need to talk to you seriously."

She still didn't react to my words. After thinking for a moment, I finally decided and said,

"I'm leaving this house..."

Finally, when I uttered those words, she sharply looked at me and stood up from her place.

"What do you mean?!"

"Let's talk calmly outside. First, I'll show you something."

Seeing her reaction, I felt some relief. When she ignored me, it made me feel out of sorts.

I sat down on the couch in the living room, and a few seconds later, she also came and sat opposite me. Though she tried to contain her emotions, I could easily sense her nervousness.

"What... Did you mean just now?"

It seems she is emotionally more stable than I thought. Calming myself down, I began to ask.

"Let's set aside this question for now. I know it makes you uncomfortable, but... can we talk about that boy from last night?"

Looking at me for a few seconds, doubts flickered across his face. It seems she understood that I was very serious at the moment and started speaking.

"Her name is Eldrik. I met him a week ago. Why are you asking?"

Seeing her full of doubts, I continued to ask.

"Do you know what he does, in general?"

"It seems he works online. He has already finished school."

"Don't you know anything else?"

Upon my question, she intensified her doubts, realizing that the other side probably didn't reveal much about himself to Isabelle. I sighed and stood up from my seat.

"I'll bring something for you to see, alright?"

With these words, I went to get the phone and returned. Soon, before her eyes, I unwrapped the foil, noticing how her eyes widened.

"This..."

"Yes, it's that boy's phone."

When I answered her doubts, her face became more shocked.

"So, you... you beat him?!"

This time her voice was louder, and she reacted very actively.

"Calm down, yes, it was me."

"You! Why...!"

"Alright, wait, calm down. Just wait until I show you something, okay?"

As she tried to say something to me again, I interrupted her and turned on the phone. Soon, with the same manipulations, the screen opened, and I went straight to the file explorer to show her the photos of girls on his phone.

"And... all boys have such photos."

Upon seeing the photo, it was clear that she became shy. After gaining some confidence, she spoke.

"If this didn't convince you of what a jerk this person is, let me show you something else. Just be prepared, okay? And if it upsets you, don't look anymore, alright?"

In a soothing voice, I began speaking while manipulating the phone. Finally, I opened the chat application with extreme content.

I turned the phone around and showed Isabella the screen. At that time, she still had an expression of outrage on her face. But when her gaze shifted to the phone, her initial outrage disappeared. Then her face changed from shock to a frown, and she quickly turned her head away.

Seeing her reaction, I stopped showing it to her. Immediately, I turned off the phone, wiped its surface clean, wrapped it back in foil, and looked at my sister.

"What do you think now?"

"I..."

Shock and disgust still remained on her face, and then she furrowed her brow even more. After covering her mouth with her hand, she hurriedly ran towards the bathroom.

I didn't expect her reaction to be so strong, so I followed her.

She was nauseous for a while until she gradually regained composure. During this time, she looked pitiful and helpless.

I couldn't bear to see her like this, so I gently lifted her under the armpits. She didn't resist, but she still felt unwell.

Although I wasn't particularly strong at that moment, it was easy to carry her to the bed in her room. Carefully wiping her face, I continued to watch over her.

At that moment, my thoughts were chaotic because I didn't know what to do. Sitting on the floor beside her, I slowly placed my hand on her head and began massaging it gently.

She was only 16 years old, although she always did her job and took care of Eleanor. But when you think about it, one's mental state can simply collapse in moments like these.

And now, seeing her like this, I couldn't think straight. Would it be good for her if I left, or should I stay by her side?

Eleanor paid no attention to her. But I understand the pressure she's under with it, carrying the experience of another life. That's why she behaves rebelliously and quickly gets offended by her sister.

All this time when Eleanor simply neglected her own life, she worked hard and supported both of them.

While I was thinking and looking at her, who was looking at the ceiling confusedly, she suddenly looked at me..

It seemed like she still felt weak, so her voice came out hoarser than before.

"What... Did you say... about leaving?"

At her words, my hand stroking her head froze.. Would it be better to leave her? The one who took care of Eleanor tirelessly, despite the memories not being mine. Can I be so cold-blooded?

Looking at her, I noticed a flicker of fear in her eyes. Although it wasn't pronounced, it felt like I could sense her emotions at that moment.

When I finally sighed and wanted to say something with a determined voice, a notification appeared abruptly.

Announcement
[Breath 1 (*100)]

Immediately I paused for a few seconds and then brought my face close to hers before I spoke.

"What if by staying with me, you may experience a lot of pain, suffering, and even death... Do you still want to stay with me?"

 

58