Chapter 24
1.2k 14 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  "Who said I wanted that?" 

  I feel somewhat empty, in a sense. I spoke words that I didn't even want to, but Isabella's actions and then her words forced me to remain silent. At that moment, our eyes met. 

  Looking into her blue eyes, I could still see traces of fear. Not only that, but I also felt a slight tremor when she covered my mouth. 

  If she stays with me, everything might end badly. But distancing her from me doesn't mean she'll be safe either. 

  I raised my hand, gently holding hers, and removed it from my mouth before speaking. 

  "So, what have you decided, sister..." 

  "I don't want you to leave!" 

  As soon as I asked the question, the answer came quickly and decisively. 

  "Are you sure? I haven't fully told you what else happened..." 

  "It doesn't matter. I'll be with you. I also understand that things might happen, so stop talking about it, alright?" 

  Listening to her words and her tone, as if she was appeasing me, I inexplicably felt joy and relief. Maybe it was selfish on my part, but in my previous life, I always indulged my desires. Why not be a little selfish now? 

  "Well, now we need to figure out how to get you out of that site." 

  I watched her, observing what she would do, but her actions were more determined than I had imagined. 

  Watching her put her index finger in her mouth and take on a thoughtful expression, I unconsciously smiled at this adorable sight. I didn't want her to worry too much, so I quickly spoke. 

  "Isabella, at the moment we don't have the means to do it. But in the future, we definitely will. Don't worry too much... by the way, I have another assignment..." 

  Upon my words, she looked at me with suspicion and a hint of surprise. 

  "You..." 

  "No, I didn't take the assignment myself. I did, but someone threatened me. And that someone knows about me... and about you too." 

  As she listened to me, she seemed to sigh, and then, still looking at me, she asked. 

  "How were you threatened and by whom?" 

  "Well, it's someone who knows the three people who registered me on that site. It seems they've already dealt with the third bastard, although I think it's to make me resist less... and now I think we need to talk about something else." 

  "You didn't say how they threatened you... you said you would tell me everything..." 

  I stood up and wanted to change the subject and talk to her about moving to another house, a more comfortable and safer one, but she didn't give me that opportunity. 

  As she also stood up from the ground and stood in front of me, still waiting for an answer, I could only sigh and speak grimly. 

  "What do you think..." 

  "They threatened you... me? That's why you wanted to leave?" 

  She started to worry again, and I had to calm her down. Placing both hands on her shoulders, I spoke. 

  "It's nothing, Isabella. Right now, I have no choice. So calm down and let's talk about where we can go to live. On the first mission, I earned about 55,000 MQE, but I spent a lot on buying some things for the current task." 

  "What??? 55,000 MQE?" 

  When she tried to calm down from my words, her voice rose again, and her eyes widened at the number I mentioned. 

  "Yes... and this time, the assignment costs around 80,000 MQE. Now let's talk about where we can go to be safe." 

  Finally, I managed to somewhat stabilize her emotions, but there were still occasional bursts of mood swings. As it turned out, she couldn't fully grasp what had happened. 

  So, after that, I brought the laptop to the living room, showing her the website so that she would know. After watching for a while, we started searching for a house with comfortable conditions and convenient locations. 

  And so, our choice fell on one of the apartments. From the photos, it looked quite spacious and comfortable. 

  I wanted to call and arrange to see the place. But my sister stopped me. According to her suggestion, we looked at many more apartments before selecting the most suitable ones. 

  She even made the phone call and negotiated, not letting me do anything. She was quite involved in such matters, and I didn't want to spoil her mood. 

  Finally, after a few hours of her being on the phone, I prepared some food. When she finished, we sat down at the table and started eating. 

  "Oh... you surprisingly cook better than before," she remarked. 

  Listening to her surprised tone and seeing her expression, all I could do was smile. 

  "Oh, I forgot to tell you. It seems I had an accident, and for some reason, I can quickly learn new skills." 

  "Well... if you're talking like that, you must have had a serious blow..." 

  From her facial expression, I understood that she thought I was joking. Although I couldn't tell her that I'm from another world and that there's a game system. But I could present it differently. 

  "No, really, I can... well, forget it. Let me show you instead." 

  As I spoke, I stood up and took a knife from the kitchen, quickly manipulating it with my hand. Although the movements weren't as skillful and fast since my level was still low, it was better than just holding the knife. 

  "Mmm... it's amazing how well you handle the knife," she said. 

  There was still doubt on my sister's face. With a sigh, I thought about how to prove it. I couldn't think of anything else, so I looked at her and said, "Alright, to prove it, you can tell me to do anything. I'll quickly learn it, and you'll find out if I'm telling the truth or not." 

  "Mmm... I can't think of anything good right now. Let's finish eating and then continue this." 

  Shrugging at her suggestion, I sat back at the table, and we continued eating. Unlike the previous meal, this one turned out well. Judging by the skill level, I needed to cook a few more times to improve. 

  Our meal lasted for half an hour until we finished. Suddenly, Isabella's phone rang, and she had a disgusted expression on her face when she saw it. 

  "Is it him?" I subconsciously asked, to which she simply nodded and ended the call. 

  "Oh, I forgot to mention, I sent all the evidence to the police on her phone." 

  "What?" 

  "I think that's what should be done. They'll probably catch them." 

  I stood up to clear the table, and remembering what I had done, I told her. There was a slight surprise on her face before she nodded. 

  After we cleared the table, we both sat on the couch in the living room. 

  "Sister, so you're saying you can learn any skill very quickly?" 

  "Yes," I replied. 

  Answering her question, I comfortably laid down on the couch, resting my head on the armrest. Seeing me like that, Isabella repeated my actions, and we looked at each other. 

  "Um... then, can you tell me which skills you learned after the blow?" 

  Seeing her curiosity, I thought for a few seconds and then presented the description of my skills in my own way. 

  "Well, I can do household chores faster, like cooking. I've learned fighting, handling knives and weapons. Also, hacking and programming skills. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to unlock that guy's phone... But describing some skills, like breathing, is difficult. And it's embarrassing to talk about mastery in intimate matters." 

  "Come up with something, and you'll see." 

  As I spoke, I waited for her to come up with something. 

  "But nothing comes to my mind. The main thing is that these skills, as you say, you could have known about before; you just didn't tell me... Oh, I know, you used to be a bad artist. Yes, wait for me!" 

  As she spoke thoughtfully, she suddenly stood up and rushed to her room, saying it along the way. Her words brought up some fragments of certain things in my mind, but they weren't too detailed. 

  When I regained consciousness, she had already returned. I found a notebook and a pen nearby. 

  "Although this isn't meant for drawing, I can definitely see your learning abilities through this. Draw me sitting here," she said. 

  She handed me the pen and notebook, then settled back on the couch, watching me. 

  Without hesitation, I started drawing my interpretation of her while looking at her. As expected, after a few minutes, the result resembled a child's drawing. 

  Showing it to her, I said, "Here's my first attempt. Give me a little more time, and you'll definitely see improvements." 

  Saying that, I turned to another page and continued drawing. After another five minutes passed, a notification flashed before my eyes. 

  [New Skill Gained (Drawing)] 

  I didn't open the skill description since I already had a rough idea of its effects. 

  Immediately after acquiring the skill, I tried again, and as expected, the childlike drawing transformed into something more recognizable. 

  After drawing for some time, I showed her another picture. She was visibly surprised by my progress. 

  Under her doubtful gaze, I continued drawing. This time it required much more time. 

  Thirty minutes passed, and when I showed my sister a few more drawings, the skill had been upgraded to level two. 

  After another round, I showed her a drawing that closely resembled her. She was already shocked by the speed of my progress. 

  Suddenly, she got up from her seat, approached me, and closely examined my head. Then I heard her ask, "Where exactly did you get hit? Can you do that to me too?" 

  Her words prevented me from looking at her. 

  Seemingly, it was a bad idea. Here were the thoughts that crossed my mind at that moment. 

  "Well, I'm just kidding. You have that look. It's late, and we should go to sleep. I'm still a bit tired from everything that happened today..." 

  Saying that with a smile, she displayed signs of fatigue. 

  "Yeah, you're right." 

  I agreed with her, and she went back to her room while I went to mine. 

  Lying on the bed, I thought about what I could do to ensure her safety. These thoughts prevented me from falling asleep as I tossed and turned. 

  As I was drifting off, I heard the door of my room open. I felt a sudden sense of crisis, and subconsciously, my hand reached under the mattress, gripping a pistol. 

  "Sister, are you awake?" 

  As soon as I grabbed the gun, I heard Isabella's soft voice, which relieved me. 

  "Not yet, what's wrong?" 

  "Um... nothing really, I just can't fall asleep..." 

  She said as she approached closer to me, allowing me to see her. She was wearing panda-themed pajamas and holding a pillow. 

  "Can I sleep with you?" 

  Standing beside my bed, she asked that question, momentarily leaving me in a daze. Reacting quickly, I replied, "Yes, sure." 

  Lifting the blanket, I invited her in. But after that, I felt strange feelings because although I had been in relationships with girls before, sleeping together like this had never happened. 

  My bed wasn't large, but it was enough space for both of us. She snuggled under the blanket, placing her pillow next to mine, and lay down. 

  In the darkness, we stared into each other's eyes. 

 

Guys, advise me something similar to google doc, just not Microsoft or something like that. Or maybe who knows why sometimes google doc does not work correctly changes the color of text by itself, and I'm very long tortured with this site when publishing a chapter, return to the normal color of text is just sometimes difficult to get.

52