Chapter 31
835 18 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holding my sister in my arms until she calmed down, I carefully picked up the laptop and opened the website.

Soon, the familiar website layout appeared, and at the top, I noticed there was one notification.

Upon opening it, I saw the photo of the target sent by my sister, along with a response from the other side.

Mission {Accomplished}

Status: Completed

Assignment: Assassination

Description: Your target is a high-ranking individual named Adrian Blackwood. He is a well-known businessman with connections to various criminal organizations.

Additional Information: Adrian Blackwood can often be seen in his luxurious penthouse in the city center. He has a fondness for expensive cars and is frequently accompanied by a team of bodyguards. Be aware that he is heavily protected, and infiltrating his circle will be crucial for a successful assassination.

Timeframe: You have three weeks to complete the mission. The deadline is exactly 21 days from now.

Reward: 10,000 MQE-P

Mission Level: 1

[collapse]

[Confirmation of Mission Completion and Reward Allocation]

MQE-P Transfer

Received transfer of [10,000] MQE-P.

[collapse]

As I saw the account balance instantly increase by 10,000 MQE-P, mixed emotions stirred within me, but apart from that, there was nothing else. Remembering what the other assassin had said about her reward being higher than mine for completing missions, I pondered and began typing a message, asking why another assassin had appeared and why she had a higher reward. Hoping to receive a response, I sent the message.

"Sister... Did everything go well?"

While I stared at the laptop screen, waiting for a reply, I heard my sister's voice, still embracing me.

Looking down, I saw a pair of blue eyes gazing at me. Setting the laptop aside, I resumed stroking her head and gradually started recounting what had happened there.

"Listening to what you said, it's very reminiscent of an action movie..."

Muttering to myself, she wrinkled her nose, still looking at me. I found her expression quite amusing.

"What happened, Isabella?"

She seemed displeased about something, so I asked that question.

"Nothing, I just now understand the meaning of the words I once heard..."

Gazing at her, I remained doubtful.

"What words are you talking about?"

"I heard someone say that a person adapts to everything... Now it seems that everything happening around us is gradually becoming normal... It also worries me..."

She looked at me with evident concern in her eyes.

"I've already promised you, I won't harm those who don't deserve it..."

I wanted to explain our agreement again, but she interrupted me.

"But what if this employer gives you assignments to eliminate innocent people?"

Her voice this time was more agitated than before, and the question left me at a loss. Though I didn't answer immediately, I understood certain things as well.

And so, almost subconsciously, I extended my other hand and gently supported her cheek.

"Isabella, you are my top priority... If such a question arises, without hesitation, I will do what it takes to protect you..."

Upon hearing my words, she appeared even more excited, hastily cutting off what she wanted to say, I continued.

"But I will work diligently to ensure it doesn't come to that. I have already promised that I will find those who threaten us in the near future. And then our lives will gradually return to normal."

As I spoke, I quickly got up from my seat and headed to the kitchen. It had been a while since I had eaten.

Besides, I didn't want to continue the conversation, and I didn't want her to dwell on it either. So, I asked a distracting question.

"Isabella, what have you come up with regarding what we discussed back then? You said you had some ideas."

"...And?"

"I mean, I thought about building a secret base for us."

She remained somewhat pensive, as if recalling something, then immediately became energetic.

Standing up, she also came to the kitchen and sat at the table, ready to talk.

"Yes, I've been thinking. To build a base, we need to buy some kind of building. It would be better if that building had a legitimate business to serve as a cover."

While my hands moved in the kitchen, I could still hear her talking.

Before setting out on the mission, we had a conversation about creating a secret base to store all the equipment.

It was a passing conversation, but the idea came from her, as it was risky to leave this apartment armed.

Although, as I had already learned, obtaining weapons in this country is possible, but only if the owner has a license. And I acquired all my weapons through illegal means.

Finishing up some preparations, I looked at my sister and asked,

"So, what kind of business do you think we could use as a cover?"

I thought she would need more time to think about it, but she quickly responded.

"Hmm, I think we could open a wine shop or a costume store."

I doubted if I heard correctly and asked in succession.

"And why specifically these?"

"Eh? Haven't you seen it? All spies in movies hide under some elegant business, don't they?"

"But, those are just movies."

She looked at me and then went into her room. Soon, the familiar whiteboard reappeared, and she began writing and drawing, gradually explaining.

"Stealth: In high-profile public places such as costume shops or wine stores, people rarely pay attention to other visitors. Spies can use this anonymity to conceal their true identities and carry out surveillance or missions.

Access to information: Costume shops and wine stores can serve as access points to various people and situations that spies may need. For example, a spy can use their cover as a salesperson in a costume shop to easily interact with customers who may be important targets or sources of information.

Confidentiality: Spies need to ensure the confidentiality of their meetings and information exchanges. Choosing places with bustling crowds or noise, such as stores, can help them prevent eavesdropping and surveillance by enemy agents or video surveillance.

Psychological effect: Choosing an elegant business as a disguise for spies can also help create an impression of grandeur and confidence. When a spy looks stylish and successful, it can enhance their authority and gain the trust of people around them, which can be useful for gathering information or establishing contacts."

After writing and explaining everything to me, she turned to me and said,

"So, even though it requires quite a lot for everything I described, we can try it first."

As she spoke, she smiled and looked at me.

Considering all she had said, even though I'm not a spy, I realized that such tactics could also be used to accomplish a mission.

"Well, let's think about it later, go eat."

While she was drawing and telling me about everything, I finished preparing a simple meal.

We sat down at the table and started eating, and time passed like any other ordinary day.

Following her advice, I also thought about setting up a base. This could help minimize potential issues if weapons were to be discovered on me.

The next day, I started training as usual, while my sister had already gone to school.

After finishing the training, I opened a website to check for a response. However, there was no answer to my question; it seemed like they were ignoring it. Instead of an answer, there was something else—it said that I would receive the next mission in a week.

Their behavior frustrated me, but after some thought, I could only grit my teeth and continue honing my skills.

During training, I also turned on the television to catch some news. Although the person targeting me was masked, if they were targeting influential individuals, perhaps I could learn the identity of the other party. So, I kept an eye on what was happening during those few days.

As expected, the shootout in the countryside I had participated in appeared in the news. Moreover, it was officially announced that my target had died, and a reporter showed a picture of a man. He was a middle-aged man with black hair and square glasses, dressed in a suit.

"Mr. Cravenblade, what do you think about the recent events in the city of Avenmor, and is it related to the killing of Mr. Adrian Blackwood?"

The reporter followed this man, who was accompanied by guards, walking towards a black car. When the reporter asked this question, the man stopped and looked at her before speaking.

"Excuse me, but I cannot comment on what is happening. I am also concerned about recent events in the city. However, I assure you that the police will definitely find those who disrupt the harmony of our city."

Speaking, he continued walking, and this time, the reporter couldn't squeeze past the man's guards. The other party got into the car and drove away.

Watching this, I finally had a lead. Without hesitation, I stopped training, grabbed my laptop, and began checking the man's identity.

Soon, a photo of the man appeared. He was looking into the camera lens, surrounded by several people on a podium. As I reviewed the information, I discovered some things: he was the president of VirtWor.

But previously, this company was a subsidiary of another company whose owner died of a heart attack last year. Since then, under Cravenblade's leadership, VirtWor gradually severed its ties with that company.

Later, she gradually expanded her influence in the city, gradually becoming a giant.

In a city where nearly 60 million people live, this is very challenging. But Cravenblade handled it very well.

And it seems that one of the possible people who threaten me may turn out to be him. It's possible that they had some conflict, which led one to hire the other.

But the more I started searching, the more people seemed to fit the role of someone I wanted to get rid of.

Two individuals are possible subordinates of Cravenblade. One is the daughter of the man who died of a heart attack, and the other is a newly emerged company that came to this city.

Although the city appears lively and peaceful on the surface, considering what is happening through the dark web, it doesn't seem like such a good place. If possible, I would like to leave here or eliminate all the problems so that my sister can peacefully live here.

Returning to training, I continued doing so until my sister returned home.

After bringing the money to my bank account, I took my sister with me and left the house.

Within an hour, we arrived at a familiar place. It was a shooting range where I had practiced before. This time, I needed to improve my shooting skills by several levels and also teach my sister how to shoot.

I intended to buy her a weapon as well, which would increase her safety. But first, she needed to learn, which is much easier than learning to fight.

As we entered the building this time, instead of the usual person, there was a 20-year-old guy. Approaching him, I immediately explained why we came.

"Hello, we need a shooting range. Also, bring me an automatic rifle, a sniper rifle, and three types of pistols."

"Uh..."

The guy was clearly stunned by such a direct statement, but after a few seconds of hesitation, he nodded and said, "Please show your identification."

Following his instructions, I showed mine, and my sister showed hers.

Upon seeing mine, he nodded. However, as soon as he saw my sister's identification, he immediately spoke up.

"Miss, I apologize, but you are not of legal age, so we cannot allow you to do this."

"What?"

It seems that I only now realized that my sister is only 16 years old. Suddenly realizing this, I couldn't think of what to do, but after some hesitation, I asked, "C...can she just watch?"

"Yes, but she can only stay outside. There's a special area at the back of the room with bulletproof glass, where she can observe the shooting."

"Fine, then provide me with everything else."

Looking at my sister and realizing she didn't object, I replied to him.

Just like before, after payment, he led us to a separate shooting range, opening the door. Soon we arrived at the range where we could shoot. But this time, I saw how he opened the door, entered inside, and opened a special window with glass from the inside. I entered the room, while my sister stayed outside, where she could see everything.

Shortly after, the guy warned about the cameras and categorically stated that my sister couldn't enter. He returned with the prepared weapons: pistols as usual, a standard-looking assault rifle, and finally something resembling a sniper rifle.

Setting them up in front of me one by one, he stepped aside but then looked at me and spoke.

"Miss, do you need my assistance?"

Looking at him, I could clearly see a sense of readiness in his eyes to help me.

But I shook my head and focused on the weapons in front of me.

Taking the pistol in my hands, I loaded it and aimed at the targets nearby.

Pressing the trigger several times in a row, a series of shots rang out. Several holes appeared on the targets afterward, but my attention was on the notifications.

Putting the pistol back, I picked up the automatic rifle. It was the best way to improve my skill level, which is why I paid a considerable amount to shoot and increase my skill level.

Status

Name: Elanora

Power: 4+2 (10 Ordinary Man)

Flexibility: 6+3 (10 Ordinary Man)

Speed: 5+3 (10 Ordinary Man)

Intelligence: 11 (10 Ordinary Man)

Skills:

- Breath: Level 6 [15KK/100KK] (+)

- Walking: Level 4 [147900/10000000] (+)

- Stamina: Level 4 [44100/1000000] (+)

- Balance: Level 4 [4100/1000000] (+)

- Attention: Level 4 [14200/1000000] (+)

- Pain Threshold: Level 3 [24100/100000] (+)

- Cleaning: Level 2 [8100/10000] (+)

- Physical Training: Level 3 [8100/100000] (+)

- Running: Level 3 [3000/100000] (+)

- Master of Combat: Level 3 [35100/100000] (+)

- Cooking: Level 2 [2700/10000] (+)

- Shooting: Level 3 [16900/100000] (+)

- Maneuverability: Level 3 [9900/100000] (+)

- Counterintelligence: Level 2 [9600/100000] (+)

- Weapon Knowledge: Level 2 [9900/10000] (+)

- Possession of edged weapons: Level 3 [64900/100000] (+)

- Cold-blooded: Level 2 [500/100000] (+)

- Programming: Level 4 [500/1000000](+)

- Hacking: Level 3 [4100/100000] (+)

- Seduction: Level 1 [700/1000] (+)

- Killer: Level 2 [300/10000] (+)

- Erotic artistry: Level 1 [100/1000] (+)

- Parkour: Level 2 [1900/10000] (+)

- Drawing: Level 2 [400/1000] (+)

[collapse]
40