8. The royal summon
2.9k 10 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How have you been?" Justin, Viscount Hoax, asked as Thyra sat down on the left side of the table.

Bella, the Viscountess, was sitting right opposite Thyra. Rather than sitting, she was glaring at Thyra. With long, curly orange hair, she looked pretty fearsome.

'She is my style.' It was the first thought that appeared in Thyra's mind. On top of that, the deep-cut dress showing deep cleavage wasn't helping Thyra calm her mind either.

"It looks like you have forgotten how to greet your elders," Bella wasn't happy as Thyra, who generally moved her eyes away at first glance, was staring back at her.

"Now, now. There is no need for such pleasantries between families." Aware of Thyra's identity, Justin quickly tried to diffuse the situation.

On the other hand, Thyra smiled at Bella before looking at the others. Alongside Bella were two boys and a girl. The oldest was just a younger copy of the Viscount, while the second son had orange hair like his mother. Also, just like her mother, he was glaring at Thyra.

Beside him was a chubby girl. She kept staring at the food in front of her.

"We should eat first." Justin tried to diffuse the situation. And with his words, the chubby girl jumped on the food before her.

And the quiet atmosphere didn't last longer than five minutes.

"How was your journey, my lord?" The mischievous smile Bella gave Thyra before asking the question was enough to make her understand that it was starting.

Justin glared at Bella for a moment before sighing. Turning towards Thyra, Justin explained, "The majesty had summoned all the kingdom's nobles this time. Even the barons of the country were called."

Thyra didn't know much about the kingdom, but she was sure the baron was one of the lowest ranks in the kingdom. So they rarely get to meet the king.

'But to call all of them… Something serious is about to happen,' Thyra had no problem understanding the situation. But the problem was that she had no idea what this was all about.

After all, she had read the novel for the 'smut' chapters and paid little attention to the rest of the information. So she had no idea what would happen.

"The Eder empire was preparing for war."

"Eder?" The eldest son was very interested in the topic. "That is in the south of the kingdom. We are in the west. They pose no direct threat to us."

'Did the author choose to lower the IQ of all the novel's characters, or is he a special case.' Thyra sighed in silence, 'With him being the future lord, will the domain survive?'

Thyra suppressed her curiosity and turned toward Justin, only to find that he, too, was dissatisfied with such remarks.

"If the frontline fell, do you think we would have enough power to stop the empire?"

The eldest quickly understood the flaw in his logic, but the second son wasn't so bright. "But if we are attacked, shouldn't the king help us defend the land?"

"If we don't help other lords when needed, why would they help us?"

As a component father, Justin patiently educated his son. But Thyra had little to no interest in it. She continued to eat as Justin continued to explain.

"Every baron needed to send 200 soldiers. The Viscount needed to send 500 soldiers. The upper nobles need to send 1000-2000 each."

Justin hesitated. He looked at Thyra, who was still busy eating, and said, "And every noble needs to send all their heirs, who already had their coming-of-age ceremony, for the war."

'The king might have planned this so the nobles don't have any silly ideas when the capital is empty.' Thyra had no intention of joining them, as the topic didn't concern her. 'So both of his sons need to join.'

"Everyone?" However, the protest Thyra was waiting for didn't occur. Instead, Bella smiled at her when she asked the question.

"Only those first in line for the title don't need to join the war."

"Thyra, aren't you going to have the ceremony after two months?" Bella immediately said it with a smile.

'So what? I am a woman. I didn't need to join the war.' But her argument remained unsaid as Thyra remembered a crucial point of the novel.

In this world, women are also allowed to go to war. And the reason was that the author needed various women so the MC could fuck them during the war arc.

'However, that was supposed to happen after three years, and that was supposed to happen in the Rex kingdom. So there…'

Thyra now remembered why the civil war broke out in this kingdom. Due to constant battles with the neighbours, the royal family's strength will significantly diminish. And the nobles took the chance to attack when the royal family was weak.

The Viscount couple misunderstood the concern on her face. While the viscountess gave a satisfied smile, Justin explained, "There is no need to worry. There are still six months left before the march. After two months, the winter will come. By the king's order, we will march after the winter ends."

'No, they will attack one month before winter ends.' Thyra needed to figure out the accuracy but was sure that the empire would attack before the winter ended.

The reason was that the novel, 'The Futa King,' started in the middle of the turmoil of war. In the first chapter, the neglected MC will see the army march out of the capital as she sneaks out to find some food.

"Jenkins had already started his training. So we will prepare a knight to train you." Justin said to Thyra

Bella interrupted, "Aren't you going to train new soldiers for the war?"

Justin glared at Bella. She simply ignored the response and continued, "Why don't you let her train with them?"

"You…" Justin slammed his fist on the table as a few fruits rolled on the table.

Yet, Bella kept smiling, adding, "You must understand that war is a lengthy business. We need to save. And where would the knights have time to train her? They have to prepare for war too."

After saying what she wanted to say, Bella simply left with her children. The chubby girl wanted to eat more, but her mother dragged her away.

As soon as Bella left, Justin ordered the servants to go too. Soon, only two of them were in the room.

"Please forgive me, your highness. I have failed you."

"Why?" Thyra continued to eat as if she didn't care. "You couldn't go against the royal decree. There was nothing you could do about it."

"Thank you for forgiving me." Justin quickly tried to correct the situation. "I will hire the best knight to train you. From the soldiers I train, I will assign the best of them to you."

"No need." Thyra shook her head.

"Sorry?"

"No need to hire one. Just assign me one of your experienced knights." Although Thyra knew how to fight, that world and this world are different. It will still be a matter of life or death for her.

"But, my knight? "They might be a little biased…"

"You can't even train a faithful one after so many years. How are you going to support me?"

Justin quickly realised that he had misspoken. "No, your highness, I will do as you have told me."

Thyra put her cutlery down, wiped her face, and said, "You don't need to train them. I will choose and train my own hundred."

Justin was too shocked to respond. Thyra stood up, asking, "Can't I do that?"

"No, no, you can be your majesty." Justin quickly added, "I will prepare everything for you."

Thyra left the room. However, as soon as she came out, she had to support herself against the wall. If Justin had looked into her eyes, he might have noticed how afraid he was. He might have also seen Thyra's hands and legs shaking continuously.

"What should I do?" Supporting herself against the wall, she mumbled under her breath, "I have to join the war. Should I run away?"

66