33. “To take back what is mine.”
1.2k 10 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Viscount Manor, Creama.

Nisa was alone in the room. She wasn't sure that a day like this would ever come in her life. Although they weren't married yet, they had already taken vows in front of the royal princess. 

She was the granddaughter of the shaman of the Doodmaak tribe. She had learned from her mother that the Doodmaak tribe was the strongest in the region. 

However, an ambush from another tribe injured the chief. When all hope was lost, a merchant came forward and saved him. The chief gave him the hand of the most beautiful woman of the tribe, who was her mother.

Alas! The beauty standard on the opposite side of the ocean was totally different. With one look at her, even the commoner would deem her a slave.

Her father still cared for her when she was small. However, her father became a noble ten years ago, and his attitude changed.

While the lives of her brothers and sisters improved, she was getting neglected. Her father told her that a daughter of a noble has a duty to marry someone who can improve the social status of the family.

But her mom always said, "You will be a queen." Although she wasn't a shaman, she thought her mother had the power of a shaman. Although she wasn't married to a king of princes, she was still happy that she wasn't just a concubine.

She didn't want to live like a queen anymore. All she wanted was to live a life where she wasn't segregated, like in her own home. As Thyra selected her, she believed her life would improve from now on.

"But where is young Lady Thyra?" Nisa couldn't help wandering. After all, she didn't see her once after she had taken the vow at the coming-of-age ceremony and returned to the Viscount's mansion.

However, after returning to the manor, the maid cared for her, gave her excellent food, and dressed her in good clothes. But she had never seen Thyra after that.

**********

"My lady, that amulet would just create an illusion. It wouldn't really change your body or anything." Jullia reminded Thyra once more.

"It wouldn't matter. All you need to do is make Kreza believe you are Melanie's maid and guide her to the room in the inn at the Noble distinct." Thyra, who now looked like Kreza's escort knight, explained the plan.

To be safe, Hure had brought more than one amulet for Thyra to use. And she was giving that one to Jullia.

"My lady, if Hure learns about it, she is going to lecture me till my ear falls off." Although Jullia complained, she put on the amulet and transformed into Melanie's maid, while Thyra wore the dress of Kreza's knight.

"My lady, you need to be extremely careful. If someone touches you too much, they might be able to see through your illusion."

"Don't worry." Thyra nodded and moved out of the room. 

It was an inn on the cheaper side of the city. Hilda didn't dare to start her move from Viscount manor. After what happened in the afternoon, who knows how many eyes were stuck to that place.  

"My lady," Hilda greeted. Outside the inn, Hilda was waiting there for Thyra. Thyra looked like Kreza's knight, yet Hilda had no problem identifying her.

"Don't call me that."

"Yes." Hilda followed, "Kaya had notified that Melanie was in the noble shopping district."

"Let's go." 

With the help of Hilda, Thyra quickly found where Melanie was enjoying the festival. There were two maids and two slaves following her around as if the afternoon event didn't bother her at all.

"There should be no mistake," Thyra said before walking towards Melanie.

"My lady," Thyra said as she went on her knees as soon as she reached Melanie. 

The slaves were too cautious and came forward to protect her. However, Melanie was the first to recognise her/him, "Aren't you Lord Kreza's knight?"

"Yes, my lady." Thyra was already learning ethics from Ruth. Naturally, she had no problem acting like one.

"See," Melanie said to her maid with excitement. "I told you. Lord Kreza wasn't angry with me. He is looking for me. After all, how can he leave me alone on the night of my coming-of-age ceremony? We have already taken our vows."

One of the maids was nodding at Melanie's words while the other was still looking at her in doubt. However, her lady was already convinced that this was the escort knight of Lord Kreza.

"What did he say?" Melanie looked around in excitement before asking, "Where is Lord Kreza?"

"My Lord is waiting at the Blue Pavilion," Thyra answered without missing a beat.

"At an inn? Why?" The doubting maid was the first to ask.

"My lord wanted to invite young Lady Melanie to his mansion. But the eldest young master wasn't happy with the event and waited at the mansion to punish him. That's why my Lord is waiting at the Blue Pavilion."

"My father wanted to keep me in the house too. Luckily, I have escaped." Melanie declared proudly, adding, "What are you waiting for? Take me to the Lord. I don't want him to wait for me."

"Please, follow me." Thyra led the way, and Melanie followed her, asking many questions about Kreza before they reached the Blue Pavilion.

It was one of the three big inns in Creama. This was an inn that catered to the nobles. This inn did not just have a restaurant on the ground floor but also catered for the particular needs of nobles without letting a single gossip leak out.

"Stop. You can't enter." The four fully armoured guards stopped. Those words are directed at the four people following Melanie.

Thyra turned around before explaining calmly, "Only nobles can enter this inn."

"Then why can you enter?" The doubtful maid wasn't convinced. 

'Doesn't she know knights are lowest-ranked nobles without any land?' Her question made the edge of Thyra's mouth twitch a little. 

But one of the guards said, "Because he is a knight."

"If it isn't the young lady Melanie!" One of the guests greeted Melaine on her way in. The young lady, whom Thyra didn't know, closed in and whispered, "Are you here to meet young Lord Kreza?"

Melanie's shy giggle was enough for the young lady to get the answer. She nodded and entered the inn without any maids.

"My lady, young Lord is waiting for you." Thyra urged.

Melanie turned towards her maids, saying, "You two go back and act like I am sleeping. Don't let Father notice that I am not at home."

"But, my lady…"

"Stop." Melanie didn't give her a chance to say anything before turning towards Thyra and ordering, "Lead the way."

Thyra did as she was told. She had rented a suit on the fourth floor. She had to pay a lot, but with only four suits on the floor, they didn't have to worry about others hearing what was happening inside the room.

When Thyra knocked at the door, Jullia opened it. She didn't have any disguises on her. Although Melanie came face to face with her, she was too excited to notice.

She ran in the suit before finding Kreza sleeping awkwardly on the bed. 

"My lord, I am here." Even after calling him multiple times, she felt something was wrong when he didn't answer.

She ran to call the knight, thinking that woman had done something to him. However, there was not a single knight in the suit. There was another person in the room.

"What are you doing here?" Melanie shouted.

Thyra smiled, "I am just fulfilling my destiny. I am her to take back what is mine."

39