45. The Slime Essence
878 9 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few moment ago...

'What is this?' Thyra felt that her entire body had melted. She felt each and every cell in her body, yet it was too hard to control her body.

She couldn't feel her hands and legs. She had no sense of balance because she had no head. Every time she tried to move, Thyra felt like someone had stuffed her inside a barrel and rolled her down the hill. She had no idea which way was up and which way was down.

It took some time to get a sense of her body. But when she did, she noticed another problem: she didn't have eyes. And it wasn't just that. She didn't have the basic shape of the human body.

"Is it some kind of magic?" It was a world of magic, but there were many things she wasn't aware of.

However, as she thought about it, she realised there were other things she hadn't thought of. 'Is it the ability of the slime?'

Right now, Thyra has no way of knowing. The only thing that can show what abilities she has received is the orb she received from Justin. However, after returning from Creama, she never thought about using them.

The only other way of knowing was to get the hang of it. She didn't have the luxury to do so.

Although she didn't have any of her usual senses, the first thing she felt was the vibration. The part of her body that was touching the ground. Surprisingly, she could feel everything that was touching the ground.

Something was moving fast, and something was moving slowly. And there was one that wasn't moving and wasn't a rock. There was also a rock-sized object that had the most potent vibration.

'It isn't just vibration. This must be something else I am feeling.' Thyra couldn't understand what it was but could feel it perfectly.

It was inside the body she had decimated a moment ago but was escaping like the water out of a leaked pipe.

Then there was one a little distance away from her. Suddenly that someone she was feeling continued to increase before his body became bigger. Another person came running. However, in his body, the vibration was very chaotic.

'It isn't the time for checking this,' Thyra controlled her wandering mind, 'I need to move first.'

As she cheeked her body again, she felt the vibration in her body was somewhat similar to the transformed person.

By now, she was somewhat sure that she had transformed into slime, but she couldn't feel the bull essence inside of her anymore.

'It should have something to do with the ball he had thrown at me.' Thyra was sure of it and had no problem finding where that object was with her senses.

'How does a slime move?' Even if she wanted to, she didn't know how to. All she could do was to move her body in one place.

As she did so, she felt the body growing in height. It didn't mean she couldn't feel the vibration. She could still feel the vibration.

She could still feel the one with chaotic vibration leading many people with weaker vibration away from the place, leaving the big one behind.

However, she lost control of her body in a moment of carelessness. And at the same time, the big guy moved towards her.

And the next thing she knew, she was wrapped around the big guy. She could feel the big guy under her struggling, trying to grab her body and throw her off.

However, her slime body had its own advantages. He couldn't touch or grab her. Then he tried to punch or claw her, but she felt no pain from those attacks.

However, what she felt was the vibration. Each time he punched, she felt that vibration was transferring from his body to her. It gave her a prickly sensation but nothing else.

'It's essence energy, mana' Thyra was sure of it. But the realisation made her realise there was one more problem.

"Physical attacks don't work on slime, but energy attacks are more effective on them." That was what Jullia had told her.

Lucky for Thyra, this big guy couldn't use mana well. Although all the essence contains mana, rarely a common or uncommon essence would awaken a skill that could use essence energy normally.

Thyra was sure it was a weak essence. However, she couldn't take chances. Right now, all she could do was to look for the ball and gain her essence back, before killing…

'Or, I could just kill him now.' Thyra thought. Her body was covering her head. Naturally, she could feel her mouth. She unhesitantly poured herself through the hole.

Thyra could feel the thing trying to put its claw inside and drag her body out. However, all of it was in vain.

Thyra had no problem finding holes at the back of the throat, and she unhesitantly covered them with her body. Now all she could do was wait.

'The only way you can survive now is to cut a hole in your throat to breathe. But that will just kill you faster.' Thyra wanted to say as the big guy started struggling desperately.

And it didn't take long. Soon, the heavy body of the beast hit the ground. As Thyra dragged her body out of his mouth, she realised something.

The essence energy, which felt like a vibration to her, was slowly leaving the big guy's body and penetrating hers.

She initially doubted that the big guy was dead but soon realised she was wrong. It was like he had died, and her slimy body was absorbing the energy.

However, she didn't have the time to wait so she could absorb him completely. She continued moving her body towards the ball not too far away from her while absorbing mana by the body part touching the big guy's dead body.

However, as soon as Thyra's slime 'tentacle' tip touched the balls, an explosive outburst of mana came rushing into her body.

It was a similar feeling. The thunder was rushing through her veins as it gathered in her core. And it wasn't just that. All the slime parts of her body were desperately rushing to merge with her main body and boom.

Thyra was hit with a sense of vertigo. No matter how much she struggled, she couldn't keep herself from falling to the ground.

It took her some moments before she could gather her thoughts, but when she opened her eyes again, she could see the grey sky above the forest trees.

"I am human again." Thyra sighed in relief. She raised the ball in front of her eyes to check it. The intricate design was truly mesmerising, but she wasn't sure how it would work. More importantly, why isn't it absorbing her essence again?

"It's not time for that." Thyra stood up, remembering that her soldiers might still be inside the fire circle.

However, as soon as she stood up, she saw someone running towards her. She was about to channel her lighting, but she noticed it was someone she knew.

Rika, too, stopped in front of her. Yet, for some reason, she continued to stare at her.

As she was about to bust out impatiently, she noticed that Rika's line of sight was not directed at her face. Instead, she was staring at her crotch.

Thyra looked down only to realise she was standing naked inside a grey winter forest.

 

36