57. To the capital…
1.1k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you Thyra Hoax?"

Thyra looked at the man. Although the man was wearing the perfect clothes of a noble and looked like the embodiment of manners, for some reason, Thyra felt he wasn't showing her respect.

"It depends on who is asking."

The man glared at Thyra but asked calmly, "Do you know who I am?"

Thyra looked at the man, sighing. She didn't say anything and left the chair as if she were about to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" The two knights behind him blocked her path even before the man spoke. "Is that how the House of Hoax treats their guests?"

Bella was present in the room. But she simply sipped on her tea while fully enjoying the situation unfolding in front of her. 

If possible, Thyra wanted to meet this guy at her own mansion. But if the royal court had really sent the man, she had to meet them at the main house. As the viscountess, Bella was present there. Other than Bella and Thyra, Guntur was also present.

"If we respect every fly that comes to our house as a guest, wouldn't it just become an inn?"

"You…" The man glared at Thyra and asked, "Do you know who I am?"

"No," Thyra said without changing her expression. "How could I know if you don't introduce yourself?"

Of course, Thyra knew who it was. From the book Hure had given her, Thyra knew this face. He was a Viscount too. Viscount Ajer. He was part of the crown prince's faction. They are not big fans of Bella's ducal family.

"You have asked the same question three times since I entered the room but never introduced yourself." Thyra smiled, put her hand on her chest and gave a knight's salute, saying, "Let me introduce myself first. I am Thyra Hoax, daughter of Viscount Hoax. And you are…"

The man glared at Thyra, but his mannerisms stopped him from bursting out. But he couldn't lower himself to introduce himself, so the guard came forward at the signal saying, "This is Viscount Ivan Ajar. Lord of the land of Nar…"

Ivan raised his hand, stopping him from continuing. "You need to come with me to Crema."

"May I ask why?"

"The Royal court has sent a summons for you."

"Me?" Thyra asked. She could see that both Bella and Guntur were curious about it, but she was curious about other things.

According to Jullia, reaching the capital would take almost three to four weeks or maybe more. Although she knew there were a few quicker ways, she didn’t know if Jullia had taken them. So how could they send the summons so quickly?

They could use magic to send important messages. It would take not just a lot of money but also a lot of authority. In contrast to the widespread use of the messaging system, the royal family is the only group with access to the portal system.

'She had used the flying monster.' That was the only way Thyra could think off. However, Thyra felt there were too many buts and ifs in such an explanation. 

Thyra knew she couldn't doubt the ingenuity of her enemies. Thyra couldn't just move without confirming the situation first.

"Yes, you," Ivan said impatiently.

"Do you have any proof?"

"Huh?" 

"Do you have proof that the royal court summoned me?"

Ivan looked at Thyra as if she were some kind of idiot. He was not the only one. The security officer was equally stunned by her statement.

"What if you are lying?"

And it blew Ivan's fuse off, "How dare you?"

"I am the princess of this kingdom."

"Huh!" Ivan wanted to react, but it was such an absurd remark that he wasn't sure what to say. This one caught everyone off guard, including Guntur and Bella. 

Only after a couple of years did they remember that Thyra wasn't lying at all. However, they had no way of knowing for now.

"Do you understand how absurd that sounds?" Thyra asked with a smile, "Anyone can come in and say whatever they want. Without proper proof, isn't it just a bunch of lies?"

"Are you disrespecting the royal court?"

"No, I am not." Thyra kept a smile on her lips as she continued, "Because I know the royal court contained the most intelligent people in this kingdom. They would know that they would need to send a seal or some kind of proof to send a summons."

Ivan wanted to yell and scream at her, but he realised that would mean ignoring the truth she had just stated. 

"Now, if you may excuse me, I need to train myself…" Thyra said this and left the room without looking back.

However, she didn't need to wait that long to get her answer.

Within three days, the man who came bearing the letter with the royal seal was a royal knight. As soon as she saw that letter, she had to take the fastest horse and ride to Creama after riding day and night. 

However, instead of taking another horse, she was guided to the roof of the Crema castle. From there, she took a ride.

It was a Giant gale eagle. Three eagles took off at the same time. On each of them, there is a beast tamer along with the rider.

In the end, it still took them four days to reach the capital. It was a boring journey. None of the royal knights ever said anything to her. On the other hand, the beast tamers only talks between themselves.

The only thing that entertained her was the view. She had visited many places in her last life. Some were mesmerising, and some were bad. But she could say for sure she had never seen such a beautiful view before. She wasn't even sure if such a place even existed in her previous world.

Unlike Creama, they couldn't land directly in the castle of the capital. They couldn't even land in the capital, either. They landed on a hill outside the capital wall.  

There were many more birds on the hill. But Thyra didn't get the chance to inspect them.

As soon as she landed, she was taken to a carriage. She had to ride it for an hour and a half before it stopped in front of the palace.

She was then guided through the long, guided corridor of the palace before stopping in front of a big gate.

She stood there, not knowing what to do with the pair of knights behind her. So she stood in silence. 

After ten minutes, the door opened from inside, and her name was called.

Thyra walked inside. It was another long hall. There were many seats beside the carpets. A few nobles were still standing as all the seats were taken except one.

It was an empty throne. As she felt a little regretful about not meeting her 'great' father, one of the nobles asked, "Do you know why we called you here?"

Daily release time: Beween 5:30 p.m. to 8p.m.

My Patreon page is now active. You can read upto 25 advanced cahpters, along with sidestories on my Patreon and also support me in the process.

My Patreon: www.patreon.com/thefinal1

Thank you for all the support.

27