70. Immoral but necessary shopping
851 14 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

***Author: Trigger warning.***

 

‘No matter which world it is, money always does the trick,’ Thyra couldn’t help laughing in her mind. 

She sat, and food and drinks appeared in front of her. A dress also appeared. Although things weren't the most high-end, they were still better than most.

As soon as she changed into it, another person appeared with the first man behind him. He introduced himself as the manager of the establishment.

In this world, people think of slaves as commodities and status symbols. Naturally, it was one of the most lucrative businesses and also one of the most vile ones.

Thyra didn’t care. Right now, survival is her most important factor. Although the king had given her the green light to expand her army, her most important problem would be finding enough people willing to join the army.

After the first screening a couple of months ago, Thyra was sure the people who would be willing to join the army now would be subpar. So the best option would be to find some good slaves.

And the reason Thyra had come here was to get some human resources. After buying food for the army, buying essence, commissioning the weapons and armour and paying her blacksmiths, butchers, tanners and also the soldiers, Thyra had about 3000 gold left from what she had extorted from her ‘father-in-law.’

Thyra was sure she wouldn’t receive more than 500 gold from the king. And the money she had received by selling the slaves was also around 500 gold coins.

Taking into account that she had to train another 100 to 170 people, including the servant whom she wanted to be trained. She had to keep at least 2500 gold aside. So the most she can spend is 1500.

‘War is a rich people’s business,’ Thinking about it, Thyra could only sigh.

“What type of slaves are you looking for, my lady?” Unexpectedly, the manager had a perfect manner. “We have the best of the best. Whether it is battle slaves, servants, or sex slaves, you can find all of them here. You can even find half-beast slaves if you want.”

“Half-beast?” The words piqued Thyra’s interest. 

“They are imported from other continents. They are of…”

Thyra raised her hand, stopping the manager. “Tell me, can you send the slaves I buy to Hoax viscounty?”

Hearing Thyra’s words, the manager paused before asking in a far more cautious tone, “My lady, may I ask your identity?”

“Thyra Hoax.” Thyra showed the ring with the Hoax family emblem.

That name was enough. If it had been yesterday, the manager wouldn’t have cared about a noble lady from a faraway place, but the lady in front of him was different.

But by the evening, almost every ordinary citizen had heard the name once or twice. Every time a new royal knight is selected, an announcement is made at all the city's centres. 

Normally people would forget about it in a day or two. However, something was different this time. This new royal knight was the youngest of the generation and the second youngest in history.

‘Even if she is from a countryside noble family, she received an official title from the king himself.’ The manager knew the young lady in front of him must have the ability to back up her title. And with the gold wallet ring on her finger, he didn’t need to worry about her identity.

“We can send slaves anywhere in the kingdom. It is not to brag, but we are the top slave traders in the kingdom.”

“Top?” Thyra looked at the manager, asking, “Bring me a pen and paper.”

The manager was surprised at first but quickly called for a servant. Thyra took a few minutes to draw as accurately as possible before showing it to the manager.

The manager thought for a moment before saying, “We don’t use this type of seal, so I can’t confirm for sure, but it looks more like a mind control array, mostly employed to control beasts type creatures.”

“Can you tell me who uses these types of slave marks?”

“It will be hard to say for sure. Although the slave's marks are unique to each slave trader, some small traders don’t care about them. They use whatever is available to them.”

“Okay.” Thyra could understand. After all, there was nothing like trade marking the slave pattern or anything. Although big traders use unique patterns to differentiate their marks from others, smaller traders don’t have the resource or luxury of doing it.

“But, I think the mana flow would differ from our pattern. I think it has a more shamanic theme. Maybe someplace down south uses it more.”

“South?” Thyra knew the empire was in that direction, but it didn’t help her much. Thyra sighed, saying, “Can you look into it and let me know?”

Although it was an absurd request, the manager was still calm, saying, “We will do our best.”

“Good. Then I need slaves between 16-19 years old. If they were unmarked, it would be better.”

“Okay, and my lady is looking for boys or girls?”

“It doesn’t matter, as long as they have four limbs and have no injuries.”

“And how many does my lady need?”

“The more, the better. About fifty at the very least.”

“If my lady doesn’t take offence, may I ask the purpose of such a purchase?”

“War. It doesn’t matter if they can’t fight. I will train them. So how many do you have?”

The manager thought for a moment before asking Thyra to follow him. They took the path to another building behind the main building. 

“Is my lady looking for humans or barbarians?”

“Is there a difference?” Thyra wanted to ask but didn’t. After all, for her, Rika was as much of a human as Aria. However, she knew not everyone thought that. “It doesn’t matter as long as they can fight.” She said.

“Then we received a new batch of slaves from other continents. The barbarians are more powerful and perfect for battle slaves.”

“I am not looking for mindless battle slaves.”

“My lady, they are not as mindless as you think. They are as compassionate for their brethren as humans are. They are better suited for the army.”

Thyra wondered to herself, ‘Then why the hell you ask whether I want human or barbarian slaves?’

“Here they are.” The manager pointed at the prison door.

Naked humans were huddling against the opposite wall behind bars. Although they didn’t look malnourished, they were thinner than normal humans. And their bulging eyes were their most prominent feature.

“How many are there?”

“27. All female.”

‘Although they don’t think of them as humans, they still lust for them.’ Thyra couldn’t help but look at the manager. 

The manager had no problem understanding what Thyra was thinking. He smiled and said, “I believe my lady knows the war is coming.”

“And?” Thyra frowned, not understanding her reasoning.

“During the war, the soldiers need to release their pent-up stress and these barbarian women are known for their resilience.”

Thyra had no problem understanding what he meant by that. Although the small troop leaders like her didn’t worry about it much, the bigger fish up the ladder would.

Just like the servants and other logistic warriors, these ‘army-whores’ would also travel with the troop of high nobles. Their only work is to satisfy the soldiers until death. And their place will be filled by more prisoners of war. 

Thyra looked at them once more, asking, “How much?”

“They are young women, so they are priced high. 23 gold.”

The recent sale taught her that a woman in her twenties typically sells between 20 and 25 golds. Because of their youth, these ladies really ought to be placed better. On the other hand, the fact that they are barbarians decreased the asking price. So, the cost was reasonable.

“I will pay 500 gold.”

The manager hesitated before saying with a smile, “This is my ladies’ first purchase, so be it.”

Thyra moved around, finding about 17 boys and 18 girls within the age gaps. It cost her another 880 gold, which rounded up the total to 1350 gold with another 30 gold discount.

“How long will it take to reach the viscounty?”

“My lady, it will take about four weeks. But you need to pay 50 gold for the transport and their food.”

“I will pay it, but if anyone dies or gets injured, you have to return the price for them.”

“Don’t worry, my lady. There won’t be any scratches on their product.”

Thyra thought for a moment, adding, “For every day you take less from the 28 days, I will pay ten golds extra. So, make it fast.”

 

After all the votes The winner is the Non-human Futa tribal category. As much as I want to make the process faster, I will still need sometime to make the outlines. However, if anyone have suggestion, please don't hesitate to comment it. There will be a chance for your character or ideas in the story.  

 

23