Ch:1 – Cycle One
1.9k 12 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Writing this draft for my school's national literacy tournament. The main theme is romance and fantasy, everything else is an extra. Deliver deadline 20 December 2023 [first phase].
Min: 100k words.
Max: 400k words.
The story, genres, and tags aren't for the faint of heart. It won't be edited since the prize is a professional edition and publishing. But if you guys spot mistakes and mention them, I'll gladly fix them.
Thank you for giving it a try!

"Welcome lost soul," her fingers reached out for the transparent floating ball.

'Who's there? Where am I?'

"My name is Destiny and you're in the wishing room."

'Wishing room?'

"Yes. You may wish for three things and then I'll reincarnate you into a world full of magic."

'Oh my...' the soul shivered a tad, filled with excitement for this new opportunity. 'To think the afterlife actually existed.'

"I'll give you some time to think about it," the delicate woman's hand waved in a few directions, drawing a magic circle with a five-pointed star inside. Slowly, it expanded and stood below the soul.

'I wish to be able to summon fluffy, magical creatures!'

The lines below shone beautifully in a multitude of colors.

"The class spirit summoner has been gifted."

'A class?'

"The kind of world where your going to is rather special. You'll find yourself confused in the beginning but you'll get to learn about it."

'Alright. I understand,' the soul recalled its memories, realizing that there had been some things it truly enjoyed back on earth. There had been some animes with cool powers and the like. In them, some beings were even reincarnated into monsters and other fantasy races. 

'If I'm being reincarnated then...' the soul decided to not waste a wish in selecting an appearance. 'Just hope I turn into someone cute.'

Memories and old dreams entangled into a desire, one that had never been possible to achieve.

'I wish to be godly with using swords!'

"Since a new body wouldn't cope with anything on the divine level. I'll gift you the swordsmanship uncapped potential, which will allow you to improve infinitely."

'That sounds reasonable. But does that mean I won't be strong from the start?'

"Correct. No one is."

'Is that so?' No answer followed its question. Thus, the little ball decided to focus its efforts on the last wish. With a magical aspect and a growth potential in check, power seemed to be taken care of.

Worried about its previous experiences and life events, there was something it realized which had influenced a big portion of its past career. The simple fact it had no one to live for.

'I wish to find someone who truly needs me in their life.'

"Wishing complete. You will now go on a journey."

As the soul was about to speak, its consciousness faded.

Thus, throughout space, it traveled till it collided with a star and then a comet. Through celestial bodies and space clouds, it entered a black hole, finding its way out soon after.

With an unwavering commitment and pace, it entered a world of green and blue.

 

Eloquently, a wilful yet thin-toned murmur reached out for my eardrums.

"Heed my call, oh otherwordly being."

A wave passed on my skin causing me to feel rather warm and cosy.

A twist of fingers, an electric sound, and then an explosion.

Hastily, thanks to the noise, my eyes opened. The view before me left a hazy sense of confusion.

"Oh spirit, become my slave!" The gorgeous blonde young lady before me ordered. Her dark blue eyes glinted with superiority and unease. Her pale porcelain-toned hand was too close as if reaching out for me to take it. She was trembling, making me wonder if the girl was cold.

"Are you okay?" 

Her eyes widened, going as far as to furrow her right eyebrow. It looked as if she couldn't believe whatever was happening.

"I'm..." as I attempted to recall my name, there didn't seem to be one anywhere. Such memories seemed to be gone. Was it on purpose? Or didn't I ever have one before? No, that couldn't possibly be true. To live an entire life without others knowing what to call me would have led to chaos.

"I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember my name."

Her hand fell, resting by her thigh, "why are you talking?" 

"Because I can?" I immediately responded, tilting my head to the side confused about her question. Was it uncommon for people to talk?

"Spirits usually aren't able to do so till they grow up and get enough intelligence..."

"Is that what I am? A spirit?"

"A lost one till you accept my contract."

"Why should I?"

Her hand closed tightly, with enough strength for her nails to make soft marks on her skin. "If you don't, you'll disappear. Eventually, you'll lose all of your memories and identity," her left hand grabbed her right arm, ceasing her shaking. She seemed uneasy about something.

"That would be bad..." no matter what, losing myself in some random place would make my new chance a complete waste. "What is the contract all about?"

With a twist of her fingers, magic words appeared before me: Lady Farnese Von Han wishes to make you her slave. You'll be rewarded with a physical body.

'Do I have no other choice?' The numbness within my mind grew worse by the second. With a quick glance at my surroundings, I found myself to be confined in a dark room. It looked like the perfect place to do some witchcraft in secrecy. Two half-full bookshelves with a few books laying on the wooden tarnished floor. Piled-up dust on a cracked table where dried black ink stood like an almost faded tattoo. A window with a hole in the glass. Nothing seemed to be in good condition, except her beautiful red dress and appearance, those were without a doubt top-notch. 

"Seeing as I have no real choice, I accept this contract," my hand reached out for hers, grabbing it. The magical words then shone and moved around my arm, becoming a bracelet.

"Finally!" Her palm traveled to the top of her chest, bouncing it. A sigh escaped her tender beautiful red lips as if relieved by this whole process.

54