Ch:15 – Cycle Two
622 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To cease the panic within our minds, some magical words followed, allowing us to peek into valuable information.

[ A spirit without a name cannot access a class upon the seventh law of this realm. ]

Lucia's lips opened then closed causing her to mutter a brief sound as if thinking about one. The gusts of air began blowing a little fiercer, causing my new outfit to dance along with it. And then with a little stronger gust, the howling wind whistled, causing the surrounding seagulls to do noises. The white birds were having the time of their lives, flying happily while fishing whenever hungry. Many times their beaks landed on the sand as they tried to hunt down the baby turtles that were buried. 

It made me feel bitter, yet this scene was one that repeated endlessly in this and even in my past world. The law of the jungle where the strong do as they see fit.

'Everywhere is the same,' I complained in vain, wondering momentarily if I could have wished for a more peaceful world.

'Would I be able to find my happiness then?' My gaze returned to her as I felt her fingers grab my hand.

"From this day onwards your name shall be..." she tightened her grip on mine as the mana particles around us began sparkling in tones of gold, causing the river and the greenery below to shine together with our eyes.

After I gulped, her voice filled my mind, "Lea."

The letters changed, swapped, and danced around me, causing my consciousness to delve into a different spectrum.

I found myself in a profound place filled with energy and blackness. 

"Oh spirit!" In unison, eight flames appeared around me and voiced their intent making me raise my left eyebrow.

"We welcome you to the evolution trial!"

Similarly to what had happened during the summoning ceremony, my parameters were laid naked for all of them to see.

"Unprecedented age to attempt evolution!"

"She was just born!"

"What an evil master this one has..."

The different voices laughed sinisterly, showing an abnormal amount of amusement in their tones and answers.

'Where am I?' I glanced over my surroundings finding different colored flames.

"It's been a while since I last saw a blessed one!"

"A cursed one you mean!"

For a moment it looked like two of them moved as if they were fighting one another.

"To think there'd be a new spirit with both."

"Phenomenal, truly!"

Silence reigned briefly, till a cold voice shattered the space like a silver blade spreading a bulk of meat apart, "I representing the evolutionary path of time, reject this candidate." Suddenly it disappeared, leaving only blackness in its place.

As if ignited by his aggressive will, others followed its example, leaving but two flames behind a brown and a green one.

"I representing the evolutionary path of nature, concede you a chance for a trial."

"Likewise here for the path of water."

As I attempted to talk, the flames shook.

"You may point a finger to the one you prefer." 

'Does it matter?' I aimed my hand at the green one, forcing my hair and tail to gain a thin strand of green.

 "I hereby declare you a candidate. Once you've reached level ten, return to initiate the first trial of evolution."

I nodded slightly causing the darkness to disappear, returning to Lucia's world, and finding myself in her embrace.

"Are you okay?"

I smiled briefly showing her my body was uninjured. Then my eyes hovered at the newly gained information, showing us what Lucia wanted me to achieve.

[ Class: Pet Summoner | Level: 1 | Type: Nature

Skill: Meditation level 1.

Pet list: <None> ]

"Seems like you'll have to train that skill for the time being," Lucia's tone came out casual as she seemed to know something about classes.

Despite her words, I allowed myself to stay with my head on her lap, enjoying the nature below me that seemed more comfortable than ever before.

Sure, I wanted to try the skill out but at the same time, life had to be lived and enjoyed. Thus, my peace of mind took over and every inch of my skin resounded happily in pleasure, relaxing and closing my eyes as if I was in heaven.

"Are you tired?" 

Despite her question, I remained silent, simply holding on to the warmth of her legs. 

After a while, I yawned and opened my eyes, noticing that the colors of the sky has changed a bit. There was a sense of emptiness, something amiss. 

Her thighs were no longer below my face, sand was. Thanks to that, I raised from the ground, rubbing the yellow particles away.

"You're finally awake." 

A familiar voice came from behind me, alerting me of my surroundings.

"I didn't know giving a name would make a spirit so tired."

Once my eyes found her, I saw her fingers rubbing her legs, possibly from numbness due to my weight.

"Are you willing to show me your class ability now? See if it can be somehow useful to the boss."

'She's really loyal despite the mistreatment. Must be one of those cases...' I sighed reminded of some news from television about people who were treated horribly, yet they couldn't find it in them to let go of their abusers. The mental fatigue and torture such evil people caused were too much, to the breaking point of brainwashing their victims. And in a way, Lucia seemed to be one of them.

'A child among so many fiends...' A bunch of disgusting scenarios passed through my mind causing me some sickness. 

"Please?" 

I nodded in agreement at her request, anything was better than thinking of horrible things.

31