Ch:17 – Cycle Two
494 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From a dramatic night to a calm morning where few rays of light made their way to this basement, allowing some of us to wake up.

To my surprise, I found myself alone in the bed and for my demise feeling a little cold due to that.

'Where did she go?' I passed my arm on my forehead and then caressed my hair in order to fix it, to at least take the strands out of the way, enabling me to see as well as possible. Despite the bits of light that penetrated the gaps in the ceiling, she was nowhere to be seen.

In a rush, I grabbed the nearest dagger from the single table of this place and made my way outside. The door opened slowly without much resistance and I began hearing a conversation between the so-called boss and my current master.

"Depending on how you use your slave, it'll bring you many benefits."

"Yes. Her ability is quite useful."

"There's nothing better than it for what we do."

"She'd be able to get in, store in the magical pocket the most valuable item without anyone noticing, and then escape."

"And you mentioned something about a class?"

"Yes. But for now, that's a work in progress. There's nothing useful about it."

He murmured a sound, "we can't be too greedy. It was already fortunate enough that we managed to get a spirit this gifted."

"And she's practically a baby."

"You two have that in common."

"No!" Lucia complained with all her might only to make the boss laugh.

"You still have a long way to go."

At his words she went silent, potentially feeling upset deep inside.

"Now go take care of your baby before it harms anyone with that dagger."

"Uh?"

My hand shivered, surprised at being found out this easily.

Quickly the door opened fully and I stood there without knowing what to say.

"Did you sleep well Lea?" her hand extended to me taking hold of the tool without issues as I didn't offer any resistance.

With a nod I consented, following my answer with a brief smile, causing her to place the knife on top of the table near a leftover piece of rotten bread.

Her hand rested on my hair patting it softly, "don't go on picking dangerous things, alright?"

At her question my stomach growled, causing me to become embarrassed. 

"Let's go get you some food, but first," she pointed at some dark clothes which I changed into. It turned out to be a dark robe that covered my silvery tail and ears. 

"This way, we'll be able to move without attracting as many eyes as before," Lucia scorned herself, reminded of the way she was caught, and almost killed. Worse yet, almost lost me to the spirit realm, which could have cost a big loss to her beloved brotherhood.

Through the narrow streets, we tagged along, having the wind push us forward. 

Many were the prying eyes that wished to look within my clothes. The culprit who alerted the guards for some reward, was likely laying in wait somewhere.

"I don't know much about beings like you," she added, showing me a more sincere side of her. "Sadly, information about them is one of the secrets of nobles."

'Do they have a reason for that?'

"Because of that, I don't know how to guide you into becoming a great spirit, despite how blessed you are."

At that I smiled joyfully, satisfied with my choices, and the outcome in my parameters.

"We'll have to try your abilities and work on them to see if they can be improved somehow."

Suddenly, she halted and then pulled my arm into a dark narrow path.

"Be quiet," upon her order, my body turned completely still, unable to do any sound.

"Take a peek there," Lucia whispered, causing me to steal a glimpse of the way she carefully pointed. I noticed then, a cart with kids inside a cage made of some dark material. It looked sturdy enough for none of them to get themselves free.

"Human slaves to work at the nobles' houses," she added with a detestable tone, resenting not being able to help them. 

And strangely, I felt a bit of the same, recollecting the way the maids were treated by the men from the Farnese mansion. No more and no less than sex dolls.

My fingers tingled as I remembered the soft touch of the maid honey pot from back then. It had been soft, a tad wet, and surely if I had smelled my nails, I would've possibly gotten to know its scent.

I felt my tail swinging to the sides happily as my body felt sort of warm. With the mentality of a grown-up ingrained in my mind, I needed to be cautious with my thoughts and emotions, at least I'd end awaken something otherwise.

My information dictated this body to be 8 years old, meaning it was a tad earlier for that.

'I should focus on growing stronger for the time being,' with such a thought, I managed to suppress my past life desires, conveying them to potentially happen in the future.

"Let's leave before we end up like them."

I followed after her quickly while looking down at the poor children whose fate was already sealed. It made me wonder if the brotherhood could do something about it. If their plans aligned with improving the slums then it could turn the entire place into a much better place for everyone to live safely and happily.

"This way," we moved through the stinky trash boxes, rotten food left for the rats to gnaw and plunder. The cockroaches were many and surely the diseases too plagued the slums.

The dangers were too many and we were just two.

"We can rest here," finally a piece of greenery that didn't seem touched by human hands. A somewhat clean place devoid of everything that wasn't nature in its most natural state.

29