Ch:20 – Cycle Three
528 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Some had said, death was but a fleet passing moment.

Their words echoed in my mind but they were not right.

Death was everlasting.

It was supposed to be so.

But not to me.

Its treacherous sinful hands reached out for my soul and the light within me spread it far away.

"Now is not the time."

I heard a voice, angelic as it sounded, it soothed my mind despite all the wrath that jolted within it.

Whatever nasty dark wave of death that had attempted to get its wretched evil hands on my essence, it failed. 

"Live!"

And with that final word, I found myself to be in a familiar place.

"My name is Destiny and you're in the wishing room."

'Not again...'

Ignoring my thought she went on, "you may wish for three things and then I'll reincarnate you into a world full of magic."

The leftover wrath that dwelled into me became fierce words, 'I wish to not be reincarnated!'

"That request cannot be accepted. Do rethink on three wishes."

Mentally I took a deep breath, trying to tolerate this deviant's request. Despite not being willing to abide by her words, there had to be a way to use these wishes to my advantage.

'If I had more information, I could take better decisions...' to talk turned out to be more important than what I initially thought, if Lucia had answered some of my questions then my next cycle could turn out easier. 

'I can do better than this,' or so I told myself to rise my mental state. 

'She didn't die in vain... neither did her,' I thought of Lucia and Farnese as victims of the same fate. Despite everything their endings were just too awful and they made me want to change them.

'And that voice...' a dream-like voice of a singer, was what it sounded like, so beautiful, far too angelic to be real. 

'There's someone that is purposedly reincarnating me,' it felt like I had obtained my very first clue. 

'I wish to have the powers that my summoner wishes me to have.'

"A complex request," a thin murmur followed by a brief pause, but luckily it wasn't rejected.

"Your soul potential shall align with your master wish."

'Good,' despite resenting her words, I held in the will to send her to a certain place. More interesting even was how she blatantly accepted the fact that I knew about the summoning process. It made me dubious and curious about the reason why. 'I wish to have outstanding power from the start!'

"Wish granted. Increased parameters will be awarded."

'Great all that's left...' was for a way to survive a tad longer, to be able to get information about the world, to find out the hidden truth, and to manage to defeat my enemies if it came to it.

'How about... but would it be possible?' I pondered a tad deeply, realizing that the only way to know was to ask, 'I wish to be able to avoid death, or to at least sense it approaching.'

"A peculiar request, yet seeing as how you've died, such, must scare you. Oh, pitiful soul!"

'I'm quite pitiful indeed,' these cycles were damnation incarnated and no one could convince me otherwise.

"Wish granted," my consciousness faded away allowing me to wake up before the next target.

"Oh, holy spirit! Embrace me with your grace! Vanquish the enemies of my faith and relinquish the world from its sins!"

Magical words appeared showing me the new contract.

As long as you are willing to spread Angelica's beliefs, you'll be treated like a goddess.

"What do you believe in?"

"Oh! A talking spirit! A great and rare one you must be!"

She knelt in front of me, holding her hands together with clenched fingers, forehead on them as if praying to me.

"Tell me, Angelica. What are your beliefs?" 

"I wish to purge all evil from this world. From slavery to the mistreatment of spirits, and the eradication of the monsters in our world."

Strangely enough, her words aligned with my objectives. It made me wonder if it was on purpose, or if it was a mere coincidence.

"Very well. I accept your contract."

Her sharp golden eyes struck me with a firm belief of gratitude and honor to serve me. She looked very much like a nun, wearing a small white hood that covered the color of her hair. Yet, noticing the way her eyebrows were light brown, I believed that to be it.

To my surprise and giving me a deja vu, the magical information from my curse, appeared in front of me.

The scenario has been expanded.

Uncleared plotlines:

Farnese route: The fallen lady unlocked.

Lucia route: An orphan's downfall.

Angelica route: ???

'If only this was a game, then all of them would be heroines that need to be saved,' however, sadly for me, this was far from one of those console or pc games. This was clearly my reality and it was by no means an easy one. It hurt a lot and I believed it would only get worse if there was no solutions to improve my situation.

'Having my masters change every time doesn't help either,' I struggled with their differences, unknown about where in the world I was. 

'Are they related in any way?' Briefly, I pondered on this, since they were all part of a scenario. But my main doubt was if clearing any of the routes would affect the whole thing, or if saving them one by one was the goal.

'This new life sure has some curious things about it...' I did my best to hide my despaired smile from her golden eyes that struck every inch of my being.

Once again my body took shape and my information followed.

25