Chapter 2 – My name is Jean Grey, I’m a mutant
944 2 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a large, soft bed, the red-haired woman with beautiful facial features finally opened her eyes.

Her blurred vision gradually becoming clear, she looked at the ceiling of the room in confusion.

At this moment Jean was sure she was not in her dorm room at Xavier School.

But putting that aside, her head was a bit dizzy, the first thing she remembered was a group of bad guys in black aftermath and masks suddenly attacking her with advanced weapons that emitted lasers while she was walking around the city alone.

It was late at night, she was in a bad mood because she screwed up again in a rescue mission with her group.

Unlike the other X-Men who use their mutant abilities skillfully to save people, she sometimes gets out of control when using her powers and it hurts innocent people instead of hurting the bad guys who are her enemies.

So in a depressed state, after completing the mission, she immediately asked the professor for permission to go out. Scott and Logan wanted to follow her like dogs, which she refused because she knew both men just wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to get into her heart.

But she didn't expect anything bad to happen when she went out alone that night.

A group of bad guys seemed to want to capture her, and she resolutely resisted resulting in a bloody battle.

Her powers went out of control again at that time, which actually saved her as she managed to defeat all the bad guys, but the bad news was that she was severely injured and her consciousness was also taken over by the Phoenix inside her.

Somehow when she regained consciousness, she was already here, in the bedroom of someone she didn't know.

Seeing that her clothes were still complete, she sighed in relief that nothing worse had happened.

Surprisingly when she checked her wounds, she found that all her wounds had disappeared, even the stomach that should have a hole from being shot was also not found.

All the wounds had completely disappeared!

If she didn't see the blood marks on her clothes, she suspected that everything she experienced that night was just a nightmare.

"For now, I have to thank the person who saved me."

"Judging from this bedroom full of luxurious items, the person who saved me must be a rich man."

Jean said this because of her analysis, not because she had other thoughts or anything like that.

Rising from the bed, she took the initiative to make the bed, and looked around curiously.

Her gaze then fell on an outfit on the table with a note on it saying: "This is the change of clothes I've prepared. I should have immediately changed out of those blood-stained clothes last night, but to avoid the clichéd misunderstanding where a woman accuses the person who saved her of being a pervert."

"I did this."

Jean's lips twitched, it was obvious that the person who saved her was a man.

And that man had probably seen many dramas where a man who saved a woman was misunderstood as a rapist and so on.

So he did it very carefully, even to the point of writing a note for her.

The corners of her lips curled, Jean felt that the man who saved her was a kind and funny man.

Taking the clothes and changing them in the bathroom, she was astonished that the size of her pants and clothes fit her body perfectly.

"How did that man know my size? Maybe a coincidence?"

Looking at herself in the mirror, she was now wearing a white long-sleeved shirt and tight jeans that looked like they fit her perfectly.

Using her abilities, she immediately detected the presence of another person in this spacious European-style mansion and she found him.

There were two people on the first floor, so she immediately went down from the second floor to meet them.

But when he got there, he was stunned to see what the two people were doing.

...

"Koko! I found a good weapon here. Do you want it?"

"Is it a biubiu weapon? If not, forget it. Koko doesn't want it."

"Is there a weapon called biubiu in this game? By the way it's an AWM with a ×8 scope."

*Bang!*

Koko got a headshot from 100 meters without a scope.

"Sorry, what's a scope?"

Koko asked innocently to Lynn who was sitting next to her.

"...." Lynn's lips twitched, he suspected this loli was using a cheat code to deceive.

By the way he had long sensed that the woman was awake and she was standing not far behind him.

He waited for the other party to say hello, but she seemed to be worried about disturbing him and Koko who were playing games?

"Koko, you play alone first, I have to talk to the beautiful sister."

Koko nodded, she looked at Jean for a while before looking back at the game screen.

Jean blushed at what Lynn said, besides being embarrassed to be called like that, she was actually more embarrassed at being caught peeping at the two.

Obviously she had come from earlier, but she remained silent and watched the two from behind secretly.

Seeing Jean's beautiful face blushing, Lynn grinned in his heart.

'As expected of the heroine, her beauty exceeds 90 points.'

"Let's talk in the living room."

"O-oh, okay."

An embarrassed Jean readily agreed, and followed Lynn into the other room.

After the two sat down, Lynn handed Jean the cup of drink he had just taken from the refrigerator.

Jean did not refuse the hospitality of the man sitting in front of her, she took the drink and gulped it down.

Her eyes lit up as she felt the soft and sweet feeling that flowed down her throat.

"What is this drink? It tastes so good!"

Lynn smiled, "It's milk tea, a popular drink in some other countries."

Jean widened her eyes, "Other countries? Isn't it popular in New York?"

She subconsciously asked this out of curiosity.

Lynn shook his head slightly.

"Although there are some stores that sell it in New York, it doesn't taste as good as the ones overseas and that makes it not so popular."

"I'd even rather make it myself than go all the way to another country just to buy milk tea."

"So this is your own?! Cough, I mean sir, you really made it yourself?"

Jean, who was surprised, felt embarrassed for raising her voice.

There was also the embarrassment of being stared at by the man sitting in front of her, because he was probably the most handsome man she had ever seen.

Normally she was a pretty calm person, but ever since she came face to face with the man in front of her, it was hard to be calm because it was the first time she saw a human not staring at a mutant like her with a look of disgust or hate.

Even if the human pretended to be friendly, she could feel it, but the man in front of her was different.

He wasn't pretending to be friendly.

He looked at her gently and there was also a look as if he knew her well.

This feeling made Jean feel strange, and excited at the same time.

"You don't have to be so polite, just call me Lynn. We look about the same age."

Lynn waved his hand lightly, pointed at the milk tea in Jean's hand and said: "And that milk tea is totally homemade."

His face looked serious when he said that.

Making Jean giggle and say, "Okay, okay, I believe you, sorry to doubt you, Mr. um... Lynn."

"And thank you for saving me, by the way my name is Jean Grey... I'm a mutant."

Jean said the last sentence nervously and carefully looked to see if there was any disgust on Lynn's face?

But apparently not, Lynn's face and gaze were still smiling as usual, he even drank milk tea while looking at her!

"I know. Jean Grey, you're one of those mutants from Xavier School that was reported on TV. You have beautiful long red hair, soft white skin, a super pretty face, long legs and..."

Pfft!

Wrong!

Why are there so many waves of compliments about her beauty?!

Jean's face turned red, luckily she wasn't drinking the milk tea in her hand, otherwise she would have choked by now.

"Wait! Wait! Lynn, you already know I'm a mutant from the news! You know how dangerous I am, right? Don't you fear, feel disgusted, or hate me?"

Lynn looked at Jean in confusion, he of course knew the mutant race suffered social discrimination in this world.

In the original work, the MCU universe is also like this.

Although mutants have super abilities that can increase physical strength, fly, breathe in water, control various elements and etc., they are not the same as mutants.

Instead of being treated as respected and admired superheroes, the status of mutants is actually very low in the original works, and in this world it is the same.

Mutants are subjected to social discrimination, many of them are hated, and there are even many of them who are used as lab rats by greedy human researchers.

Many humans hate mutants.

Mutants also hate humans for discriminating against them, some even have the idea to go to war with humanity because of the suffering they experience.

Only the mutants who come from Xavier School are an exception, this is the same place where Jean is affiliated. But there wasn't much difference, they were still looked down upon and targeted by people who were greedy for their genes.

The difference is that as long as they sit sweetly at Xavier School, they will be safe because the government has also given them special treatment after making a deal with Professor X, Charles who became the leader of mutants and principal at Xavier School.

As a time traveler who has read Marvel and MCU works in his previous life, Lynn's view of this world is certainly different from others.

He doesn't hate mutants, unless they provoke him of course.

And he doesn't feel disgusted by mutants either, at least if they look really good and not weird like low-level mutants.

But for mutants at Alpha or Omega Level with perfect x genes so that their appearance is not much different from humans. Lynn would not feel disgusted for no reason, especially when the mutant was a beautiful woman like Jean Grey.

Seeing the nervousness in Jean's eyes waiting for his answer, Lynn who does not have vision problems like others, naturally answered...

"As I said earlier, your red hair is beautiful, your snow-white skin is also beautiful, you are very beautiful and your legs are long, cough! I don't feel disgusted or have a negative view of you, even though you are a mutant."

"And if I really felt that way because of your identity, I wouldn't have saved you last night when you fainted at my door."

It was honestly the first time Lynn had praised a woman this much, even his predecessor couldn't be this honest about praising a woman.

Although it was a bit embarrassing, he said it lightly without blushing.

Just look at Jean's blushing face, with Herrscher's keen hearing, Lynn could hear her rapid heartbeat.

'Oh... I'm sinful man.'

'Phoenix isn't going to fall in love with me just because of this, is she?'

Koko who was passing by to get some milk tea from the fridge happened to see this, and she gave a thumbs up while walking past the two.

"...." Lynn also wanted to give Koko a thumbs up, but he had to maintain his image in this situation.

Damn, who made him use the template of the handsome and charming rich second generation at this point?

...

Meanwhile.

At a special school for mutants called Xavier School.

In the principal's room.

A bald man sitting in a wheelchair had a horrified and nervous expression on his face.

He was Charles Francis Xavier, or as he was often called Professor X, the headmaster and leader of the mutants at Xavier School.

It's been 18 hours since Jean disappeared without any news.

Last night the other party had asked her permission to go out, and he knew she must have wanted to alleviate her depression by taking a walk in the city.

But something bad happened, last night he felt the seal he made to suppress the creature inside Jean's body tremble, and something like that would only happen when Jean was out of control.

So last night Jean must have gotten out of control! Someone must have provoked her, and Charles knew that outside of Xavier School there were many bad people who were after mutant gene.

It wasn't hard to guess what happened to Jean, he regretted letting her take the risk of walking out alone.

He was ready to prepare a team of X-Men to rescue Jean as soon as possible, with his abilities it should be easy to track her whereabouts, but the problem was he couldn't even find her!

Normally he could contact everyone in the world with his powerful telepathic and mind-reading abilities, only people like Magneto could avoid his powers thanks to his helmet. Now there's one more person he can't contact, and that's Jean who might be in danger right now!

No one knows her whereabouts right now, even her anxious friends in the X-Men group are worried.

"Professor! How is it now? Is there no clue about Jean's whereabouts yet?"

Scott, the X-Men codenamed Cyclops asked Charles anxiously, even sounding a bit angry from his tone of voice.

His glasses were flashing with red light, it seemed that if Charles said something really bad happened to Jean, a red laser would be shot from his eyes that might blow the principal's roof off.

"A rough estimate is fine too, as long as it's a clue, just tell us, Professor!"

Logan, the X-Men codenamed Wolverine was also no worse than Scott, he was panicking like a kid who lost the girl next door.

"Scott, Logan, calm down, keep your tone when talking to Professor!"

Ororo, the X-Men codenamed Storm, scolded Scott and Logan for their rude actions.

Scott and Logan fell silent after being scolded by the white-haired woman.

But they were still looking at Charles anxiously as only the other party could find Jean's location with certainty in this situation.

Without knowing the exact location, it was difficult for them to find Jean.

Charles who had searched for Jean's brainwaves all over the Earth was also helpless, he couldn't find Jean as usual.

He vaguely knew Jean was still alive from the seal he had implanted in her head, but he didn't know where she was now.

It seemed that Jean was in an area that was impossible to track with his abilities, which made Charles confused.

And what was scary was the feeling Jean was having right now.

This... This was the first time he felt this kind of feeling from Jean, even his seal also took a few cracks due to the extraordinary emotional fluctuations Jean was feeling.

If this continued, Charles was afraid that the creature inside Jean's body would escape from its cage!

But looking at all the X-Men members who looked at him anxiously, he massaged his head and had to choose good words to keep these people from being impulsive.

"Calm, although I still don't know for sure where Jean is. I can confirm that Jean is fine, she feels no pain or anything that hurts her."

"Just..."

"Just what Professor?" ×2

Charles looked at Scott and Logan with a hint of sympathy in his eyes.

"It's just that I feel Jean is in a very good mood right now."

"Huh? What do you mean, Professor?"

"That's right, Professor. Can you say it more clearly?"

Not only Scott and Logan, but even the other X-Men couldn't resist their curiosity.

Scott and Logan were the most urgent.

Charles had no choice, since people were urging him, don't blame him for telling the truth.

Especially for Scott and Logan.

Sigh.

"Well... I'm not sure if Jean has realized it or not, but the feeling right now is like a girl who has just fallen in love with someone."

As soon as the words fell.

All the X-Men were stunned, Scott and Logan opened their mouths simultaneously.

"WHAT? No way! Which bastard made Jean fall in love?!" ×2

... 

Author note

Of course I won't make Jean realize her feelings so quickly, in fact I will increase the interaction between Jean and the MC first so as not to be too Pokemon. So take it easy, those who are allergic to Pokemon, I will try to make a somewhat reasonable romance before making Jean or other heroines into Yandere.

With a variety of reasons, making things seem a little bit plausible is a skill of dog author.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter! You can get more new chapters quickly on my patreon!

30