Chapter 4 – Lynn and Koko work out, Nick Fury has a headache
702 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The blue sky was covered with clouds.

In a certain forest quite far from New York.

Except for the cloud-covered satellite camera, no other camera could capture the image of the two people facing each other.

Both 100 meters apart, Lynn and Koko looked at each other against the backdrop of a vast expanse of grass.

Both were wearing simple T-shirts and shorts.

On one of their wrists, they also wore a sophisticated bracelet used to change their appearance.

From the perspective of others, one would not recognize Lynn and Koko's appearance. Even if their appearance was still the same as the original, others would always be unable to recognize them, and even facial recognition technology would be useless in recognizing their identities.

Koko held the reinforced ball in her hand. Don't ask how the ball was reinforced, the bracelet on her hand was the same, but it must have been made by Lynn with his creation skills.

It was still the cheating ability of the Herrscher of Reason that Lynn was always proud of.

On the other hand, Lynn had just finished doing static stretching movements, he looked at Koko and said through a mental link.

"Koko, you haven't stretched before exercising."

Koko innocently said: "Host, I think with Koko's physical power, static stretching is of no use to Koko."

Although that was indeed true, Lynn shook his head and said: "Even I still do it just in case. So you should do it too, Koko."

"Come on Koko, better safe than sorry."

Like a father worrying about his little daughter, Koko who heard this pouted.

She placed the ball on the ground, then did static stretches with her small body.

1

2

1

2...

It only takes 1 minute for that.

After finishing, she took back the ball with both hands and said: "Koko done."

"Now, can Koko shoot?"

Lynn pretended to cough and said, "Koko, remember we're just here to exercise. So don't use your full power, okay? It'll be troublesome if you destroy the entire forest."

Koko was silent for a while before saying, "What about the mountain?"

"No, you can't blow up the mountain either..."

"...."

"Host, instead of doing this game, why don't we just play PUBG at home?"

Koko's little face looked very dissatisfied.

Blasting the forest is not allowed.

Blasting the mountain is not allowed.

So what can Koko blast? Grass?

With Koko's power now, it would be boring if it wasn't used to blast large objects.

Lynn sighed, he held his chin with one hand for a while before saying: "Two shots, Koko. Two shots, you can use your power without worrying about blowing anything up."

"I will also use this opportunity to hone my defensive skills and..."

Before he finished speaking, a cool gust of wind passed by the side of his head, and it was also followed by the sound of a strong wind blowing.

A huge explosion occurred behind, Lynn looked back and all he saw was a scene of forest destruction. All the trees in a straight line behind him were broken, and all of them were knocked out by a ball that flew straight and only stopped when it lost power after reaching a distance of tens of kilometers.

He then shifted his gaze to the silver-haired loli that had just finished doing a throwing pose.

"Koko, do you still remember we were playing throw and catch? Why do I feel like you're aiming for the forest on purpose?"

Koko did not change her expression and said innocently. "Koko remembers we were playing throw and catch, but host didn't catch the ball and it blew up the forest?"

What's with that question mark?

Your answer sounds unconvincing, Koko!

Lynn wanted to complain, not that he minded Koko destroying the forest, it's just... it's just that this was different from the game of throwing and catching the ball he had imagined.

You know, this was supposed to be a sweet scene of a young man playing catch with his little sister on a wide expanse of grass.

There's no forest-destroying or any other kind of explosion that's too big.

Given that the two of them were not ordinary people, okay he also anticipated the game would be unusual at the start.

And that's why he took Koko to teleport to a forest far away from the city just in case.

It's just that he underestimated the growth of Koko who was actually no less cheating than him.

Lynn created a new ball in his hand, this time he would not underestimate Koko and he would be a little serious.

Koko's eyes narrowed, it seemed that she was also affected by this somewhat serious atmosphere.

"Well Koko, if you think you can't resist my ball throwing, you should avoid it, okay?"

"Don't worry host, according to the system analysis, Koko's power is actually only slightly lower than the host."

"Really? Okay, then take this!"

With a throwing pose, Lynn's eyes flashed with purple light, the sky suddenly became cloudy and the orb in his right hand was enveloped in purple lightning.

When the ball was thrown, its speed surpassed the speed of sound!

That speed was hard for the human eye to follow, even super soldiers like Captain America wouldn't be able to handle this speed.

But Koko was different of course, although the ball was extremely fast, it even looked intimidating with the purple lightning that enveloped it. She calmly caught the ball with her small body, it tried to push her back, but her body did not move and the ball with the purple lightning finally stopped under the grip of her small hands.

Lynn was dumbfounded to see this, okay, this loli might be as strong as the Man of Steel version of Superman Man.

Then he saw Koko posing with the ball around her waist, her two tiny hands holding the ball, her left foot slightly sliding forward and her right foot sliding backward.

Koko's silver hair also danced slightly in the air as if there was a fan burning under her feet.

Lynn opened his mouth with a surprised expression.

"Wait, wait. Koko, what are you doing?! Don't tell me you can use that move?!"

Seeing her host's envious gaze, the corners of Koko's mouth rose, her golden eyes sparkling as if she was ready to show off.

"Yesterday Koko just unlocked a new ability. Host, you should make a shield."

The ball in Koko's hand glowed with a blue light, it shone like a disco light that made people have to squint when looking at it.

The ground beneath her feet cracked, a few pebbles rose into the air due to the change in gravitational force around her.

"Damn it! That's really Kamehameha from Dragon Ball!"

Lynn couldn't help but envy this ability, after all he didn't have it. Many rewards he had gotten from the system in this one year, none of them were related to Dragon Ball.

As a cultured man who has watched all the episodes of Dragon Ball, how could he not dream of throwing Kamehameha in the middle of the city?

Even though he had stronger moves than Kamehameha, but this and that were different. People often just want to get the thing they like, and they don't care if it's worse than what they have or not.

Lynn was no exception either, he just wanted to cast Kamehameha with his own hands.

If Herrscher of Reason's ability could be used to create Kamehameha's ability, he would definitely not be complaining now. Unfortunately, Herrscher of Reason's ability is a creation ability that will always be related to technology.

He could create a device that could fire Kamehameha, but in the end it was not much different from an energy cannon and it was not Kamehameha at all if it did not fire it from the hand without the aid of technology!

"Host, my Kamehameha is ready. Take this, Ei!"

With Ei being cute in the last part, what Koko pushed forward from her hand was not cute at all. It was terrifying, the blue light that gathered into a ball was finally shot forward and turned into a blue laser that was up to 30 meters wide.

Lynn didn't want to receive an attack capable of destroying a mountain with his body directly. After all, his physical endurance was not that strong yet. There was still a long way to go to have a physique capable of slapping nukes with bare hands.

But facing the Kamehameha that Koko threw, he had no intention of avoiding it.

Lynn raised one hand forward, gripping the wrist with his other hand. Open one palm and a petal-shaped golden light bloomed from his palm.

In a short time, the size of the petals grew to 20 meters and the number also increased to 10 layers that lined up in front of him as if forming a shield.

This was one of the abilities Lynn received from the system.

With energy fluctuations that surpassed Kamehameha Koko, he was very confident in his magical shield.

Then don't forget to shout out the name of the skill!

"Rho Arias!"

Kamehameha collided with the first petal of Rho Arias, the ground in the forest trembled violently and from a distance the gold and blue light looked extremely dazzling.

The birds and animals in the forest fled from the center of the explosion as far as possible.

Strong gusts of wind pushed the trees in all directions.

This scene looks very epic if captured by someone's cell phone or camera.

There was a cracking sound like glass breaking, the first layer of Rho Arias was penetrated by Kamehameha.

Koko, whose silver hair was fluttering, continued to push her hands forward as if to increase her output.

And 4 layers of Rho Arias were penetrated by her Kamehameha at once.

Seeing this, Lynn wondered if Koko was serious about blowing it up?

Even so, he didn't want to lose either!

He increased his energy output, even using honkai energy to strengthen the remaining 5 layers of Rho Arias.

The golden light of Rho Arias turned purple, Kamehameha who could no longer break through finally exploded at the 5th layer of Rho Arias.

Lynn smiled.

Koko pouted.

Then there was a mushroom explosion that pierced the clouds in the forest.

This exposure certainly attracted a lot of attention, especially for people living in New York.

From the outskirts of the city, many people could see that there was a huge explosion happening in the depths of the forest.

S.H.I.E.L.D certainly reacted when this happened.

In a hidden base located underground New York.

The location was uncertain, but in a certain room, there was a bald man with black skin and an eye patch sitting at his desk.

His gaze was sharp as if someone had owed him money for a long time.

He was the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Nick Fury in his signature black suit and slacks.

Now one of his trusted subordinates, Maria Hill had just walked into his office with a panicked expression as if something bad had happened.

Nick Fury who saw this frowned, looks like he has to work overtime again today.

"Tell me, how bad is it?"

He had only one eye left, staring at the woman in front of him with his one eye.

Maria Hill answered immediately: "A minute ago, a huge cloud-penetrating explosion occurred in the depths of Ferncliff Forest. Many people in the suburbs of New York also witnessed it."

"That's all?"

Nick Fury frowned.

Maria Hill shook her head and placed a paper on the table.

"No, boss. That's not all, the problem is that our detectors detected unusual energy fluctuations. The explosion didn't happen because of nuclear energy or anything like that, but something else."

"Maybe the explosion was caused by Omega-level Mutants or maybe even Aliens who recently landed on earth."

Reading the data on the paper, Nick Fury's expression became serious, he massaged his forehead as if he had a headache.

"What about the satellite cameras? Have you checked them to identify the identity of the person who made the explosion?"

"If it was an Omega-level Mutant, I doubt Magneto could have done the same thing. Either it was another Omega-level Mutant, an Alien, or a mad scientist experimenting with Alien technology."

Because the explosion did not contain nuclear energy or any other energy known on earth.

Nick Fury can only suspect Mutants or anything related to Aliens of course.

After all, this isn't the first time that troublesome things have happened because of mutants or aliens who have come to Earth.

Earth is not very peaceful.

Not only because of humans, but there are also other races such as mutants that are troublesome.

For example, not long ago, an Omega-level Mutant named Erik Lehnsherr, also known as Magneto. With his magnetic manipulation abilities, he had the idea to wage war against humans using his own powers and his mutant army that he had gathered.

Fortunately, his actions were stopped by a group of mutants called the X-Men led by Professor X, a mutant allied with the United States government and S.H.I.E.L.D.

"As for the monitoring from the satellite camera, unfortunately we couldn't see it clearly due to the explosion."

"But before the explosion occurred, the satellite managed to capture images of these two."

Maria Hill handed over several photos, each of which showed an apparition of two people fighting using various supernatural abilities.

For example in the photo.

There is purple lightning.

Blue energy.

And a 10-layer petal-shaped luminous shield.

Looking at all the photos back and forth, Nick Fury frowned even more.

"This supernatural power... Although the photos are blurry, it still looks like two humans or perhaps mutants with perfect Gen X."

"One is like a man in his twenties, and the other is a seven-year-old little girl. Is it just me or do their faces look very indistinct? Could it be that SHIELD's technology is incapable of clarifying the faces of the two people in this photo, Hill?"

Maria Hill smiled wryly.

"Boss, even with the SHIELD technology, we have tried many times to increase the resolution and frame on the photo to clarify the facial area, but the results are useless."

"The background in the photo is still possible, but somehow the faces of these two people are very difficult to make clear. It feels like these two people are using advanced technology that is capable of blocking facial recognition technology."

Nick Fury who heard this widened his eyes slightly.

It seems that the people in the photo, in addition to having the power of Omega-level Mutants, both also have technology that is more advanced than SHIELD technology.

This is troublesome, it will definitely be difficult to find their identities.

But he couldn't just ignore these two people.

So he looked at Maria Hill and commanded.

"Immediately send someone to investigate the scene, I want to know the specific situation!"

Maria Hill nodded, reached out and pressed the Bluetooth headset, then gave orders to the other SHIELD members.

Soon, two Jets took off on the deck, with beautiful blue flames shooting from their tails, and flew towards the explosion site.

---

Creation is actually quite easy, I just need motivation and ideas to do it. I would appreciate it if you guys support me by making reviews, throwing power stones or joining my pâtreon.

You can get the 6 latest chapters faster on my pâtreon and access other novels I've created.

https://www.pâtreon.com/DogLicker

28