Chapter 6 – The party started, jealous Jean kicked people out!
613 0 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Stark Industries.

The building is huge, has 94 floors and each floor has luxurious facilities with various designs that will fascinate people when they first see it.

Currently, on the 11th floor.

Jean was leaning against the window with wine in her hand.

Her appearance was very beautiful, her red dress and flaming red hair stood out among all the people present.

People were naturally drawn to her appearance, but when they saw a familiar face that they had seen several times on the news.

Most of them felt afraid of her, even standing very far away from her.

Jean who had come to the party 20 minutes ago, sighed...and smiled wryly at the people who were avoiding her.

It must be because of her mutant identity, which made those people afraid, even looking at her with disgust.

It seemed like the mission the Professor had given her was destined to fail.

Earlier when she tried to talk to them, they immediately avoided her as if she was a plague that should not be approached.

Forget making them have a good impression on mutants, even before she did anything, they already disliked her presence.

Jean was used to seeing the reactions of people who disliked mutants.

Her face was expressionless, and she could only sigh as she stood in the corner of the room.

"What a pity... Should I just go home? Staying here any longer is pointless."

"If I had known it would come to this. I should have just declined the mission and gone to Lynn's house..."

Speaking of Lynn, doesn't the blonde man who just arrived look familiar?

Squinting her eyes to get a better look, Jean widened her eyes and her gloomy mood immediately turned excited.

"It's really Lynn! Why is he here? Was he also invited to the party?"

"Should I go say hi?"

Jean smiled mischievously, she had an idea to surprise Lynn.

But when she saw Lynn surrounded by girls coming up to him and flirting with him, she frowned and felt unhappy.

Not knowing why, she felt very uncomfortable looking at the girls surrounding Lynn and unconsciously her feet started to walk forward.

She didn't realize it, her eyes now even seemed to be shining slightly with red light.

...

Lynn, who had just arrived at party, frowned at the group of girls surrounding him.

They wanted to start a conversation with him, wanted to get to know him, some had already recognized his identity and wanted to seduce him.

It felt very troublesome.

He was not interested in these random girls.

Although most of them were quite beautiful, but compared to heroines like Jean or other heroines.

Most girls at this party couldn't get into his eyes.

Not to his taste at all.

And he, Lynn is not an easy guy either, okay?

Lynn politely rejects these girls, but after being rejected, they get even more enthusiastic!

Are girls in high society always like this?

Can these girls be a little quiet?

But when considering his own appearance, he felt that it made sense.

The muscles just below the suit were enough to support the shape of the suit, while giving it a demure look.

Wearing after black suit, his tall body and handsome face were enough to make these girls excited, right?

With his power growth supported by the system, he is even more handsome than his predecessor's figure.

His current appearance looks unreal, he looks like a prince out of a work of fiction.

"Excuse me, he's my friend. Can you guys please let him go?"

The feminine voice sounded very cold.

The girls gathered around Lynn turned around with unhappy expressions.

Who was the person who dared to drive them away?

This is a party, people are free to socialize with anyone.

They were about to scold the owner of the voice, but when they saw that the owner of the voice was the red-haired girl known as Jean Grey, the Alpha-level mutant that had been reported on TV.

The girls' expressions turned into horror as if they were looking at a monster.

They quickly moved away from Lynn, and away from Jean.

"Why are mutants here? What did Stark Industries do to invite monsters like mutants here."

"Horrible, I feel like there's a walking bomb in this building."

"Heir Allen, is he being targeted by mutants? I feel sorry for him."

A void formed between Lynn and Jean.

With Jean's supernatural powers, she naturally heard what those people were saying from a distance.

Lynn, who had Herrscher's keen senses, also heard the whispers of the people.

He shook his head, ignoring those people and looked at Jean who was dressed up very beautifully tonight.

"Jean, you're here."

Lynn smiled with a surprised look.

Of course he was.

After all, he didn't know that Jean would also be attending this party.

In the original work, there was no mention, not even a possibility of Jean at Iron Man's ball due to the different worlds of MARVEL and MCU.

But given that this world is a crossover world of Marvel x MCU, Lynn felt that he should stop being surprised by the plot differences that might happen a lot in the future.

"I was invited here as a mutant representative from Xavier School."

Jean felt embarrassed when she saw Lynn smiling at her, although she was happy, but she also felt guilty.

She felt guilty that because of her initiative, Lynn was also avoided by the people attending party.

She bowed her head slightly with a wry smile on her face.

"Sorry Lynn, because of me, the people at the party also avoided you."

Lynn waved his hand lightly, "It's fine, instead of hanging out with those people. I'd rather hang out with Jean."

"By the way, I should also thank you. Because of your intrusion, I was able to get free from those girls' claws."

"If you were late, a handsome boy like me would probably be dragged into a hotel room by a bunch of rich girls tonight."

With a fake expression of fear, Lynn shuddered and drank some wine from the glass.

Jean who saw this laughed, this man had a talent for jokes.

She knew Lynn was probably deliberately joking to cheer her up, which made her touched.

As expected of Lynn, only Lynn was different from those people.

Jean's gaze looked at Lynn with an obsessive light in her eyes.

She took the initiative to bring Lynn to the dining table and started chatting with him.

Meanwhile, the protagonist of this show.

Tony had just come out of his private room, in his fancy suit, he came down to the 11th floor with Happy and greeted the people there with a simple nod.

Then his gaze fell on two people who were chatting in the far corner of the room.

He could see people avoiding the two people, or rather avoiding the red-haired girl.

Out of curiosity, he whispered to Happy who was standing not far beside him.

"Happy, do you know who those two people are?"

Happy, who was busy doing his hair, turned to Tony, and looked at the people Tony was referring to in the distance.

He then looked back at Tony and said, "Tony, do you seriously not know those two?"

"Do I have to know them? I'm Tony Stark, people should know me, not the other way around."

Despite sounding arrogant, Tony said it very naturally as if it was the most natural thing in his life.

Happy is used to Tony's arrogant way of speaking.

He was already numb, and in this situation he would just continue talking. "Well that red-haired girl is a famous mutant. Jean Grey, an Alpha level mutant who came from Xavier School."

"Oh? Mutants are also invited to my party?"

Happy gave Tony a flat look. "Actually a few days ago, you said to send invitations to all the important people in New York. Mutants are no exception, or rather you said "Isn't that just mutants? Invite them." and here that mutant is now."

Hearing this, Tony finally remembered something and nodded.

"Right, isn't it just a mutant? Why do these people avoid those beautiful mutants? A bunch of cowards and racists."

"The young man who was talking and laughing with that beautiful mutant. He's so brave, he has the same courage as Tony Stark."

Tony pointed at Lynn who dared to eat and chat with an Alpha-level mutant.

Happy nodded. "Right, his name is Lynn Allen, the second largest shareholder in Stark Industries." Then he added: "And he's better looking than Tony Stark."

Tony looked at Happy whose body was twice as wide as his.

His lips twitched.

"Happy, I think you need to correct something. In terms of good looks, I'm definitely better looking than the second largest shareholder. Like the number, second, must still be worse than first."

"And who is the first one?"

Tony pointed at himself, making Happy roll his eyes.

Pepper just happened to walk in at this moment, and approached the two.

"You two, what are you talking about?"

"Nothing, Pepper. Just discussing the most handsome boy at this party."

Tony said as he smiled at Pepper who was wearing a ball gown.

His secretary is very beautiful tonight.

Her boss probably can't stand it.

Happy quietly walked away from the two, he didn't want to be a light bulb.

Besides, he also wanted to find his own girl.

With his hair neatly styled and smeared with pomade, a large black suit that fit his body, a red butterfly bow was attached to his collar.

Happy felt handsome and he could probably get a girlfriend tonight.

As his boss, how could Tony not know what Happy was planning.

He stared at Happy's slowly receding back with sympathy in his eyes.

But it wasn't long before his gaze became fiery again at his secretary.

He offered one of his hands to Pepper, and the latter took his hand naturally.

"Speaking of who is the most handsome boy at this party? Is it Mr. Lynn?"

Pepper looked at Lynn who was chatting with Jean in the distance.

"Pepper, you know how to joke."

Tony pouted.

Pepper giggles, she said it on purpose just to see Tony's reaction.

"Oh, no? Then who is it?"

"Pepper... Isn't that in front of you? The most handsome boy is right here!"

Tony of course pointed at his handsome face for the second time today.

Pepper just made an "Oh" face, before looking around. She greeted some businessmen while holding Tony's hand beside her, and Tony could only follow her to greet the people who came to his party as the host.

Although Tony wasn't enthusiastic, and didn't even want to do it. Under Pepper's urging, he greeted a few people reluctantly.

Who made his secretary into Pepper? Just because the secretary is Pepper, Tony Stark who is known to be very arrogant has also become somewhat bit submissive.

"Tony, why don't we greet Mr. Lynn? He's the second largest shareholder in your company."

"And who's the first?"

The corners of Tony's mouth rose, this was his signature style when he was about to brag again.

Pepper rolled her eyes and lightly said, "It was you, Mr. Tony Stark."

Tony nodded in satisfaction, he took Pepper's hand and walked towards the table Lynn was at.

"Incidentally, I'm also curious about this second largest shareholder."

"Let's see how interesting he is."

Lynn, who was chatting, naturally heard Tony and Pepper's whispers.

He stopped talking and turned to the two people who came up to him.

Jean also turned to the people who approached them.

She frowned, feeling unhappy that these people were interrupting her time with Lynn.

"Hello second largest shareholder, and hello beautiful mutant."

When Tony arrived, he greeted in his own style.

Pepper, who heard Tony's way of greeting people, sighed and smiled apologetically at Lynn and Jean who were sitting together.

Lynn nodded at Pepper, then looked at Tony with an amused smile on his face.

"Hello Iron Man."

"Would you be interested in trying your company's wine with us? It tastes pretty good."

Jean and Pepper were silent.

The former became very quiet for fear of ruining the atmosphere with her presence as a mutant.

Given that Tony Stark was the person with the most status at this party, she just nodded politely in reply to the other party's greeting and let Lynn do the talking.

And lastly, Pepper was a little surprised by Lynn's courage to reply to Tony's frivolous style of speaking.

After all, if it was someone else, like most people. They would try to curry favor with Tony and even be very humble when talking to him.

Lynn Allen, this young man seems to be different from those people who like to curry favor with Tony.

Pepper appreciates people with this kind of attitude.

As for Tony? Tony grinned, he pulled Pepper to sit beside him and poured himself some wine.

After taking a sip of the wine, he said: "You're right, it tastes pretty good. As expected of my company's wine. But it's still worse than the decades-old wine collection in my personal wine cellar."

"It's a pity, apart from me and the people close to me. Others don't have the chance to try it."

Tony had a regretful expression when he said all that.

People who don't know him might not know that Tony is just showing off at the moment.

Lynn, who knows Iron Man from his original works, knows Tony's habit of bragging about his wealth.

And he is not at all bothered by Tony's arrogance.

He just smiled, his natural smile making people feel the spring breeze.

Jean who was sitting beside him blushed.

Pepper looked the other way for fear of being tempted.

Only Tony currently had an ugly expression, he felt the young man in front of him was more handsome than him.

But he wouldn't admit it of course.

He pretended to cough and tried to change the subject which could prove his superiority.

"By the way... Lynn, right? You had the good vision to buy Stark Industries' shares from those old guys when the stock value dropped."

"You seem very confident in me. And your choice was right. With me, Tony Stark, the stock value of Stark Industries is rising and will soon rise even higher in the future."

"You Lynn, you will definitely be the second richest man in the United States. No, you will be the second richest man in the world and the first is of course me."

"Congratulations for that!"

---

Creation is actually quite easy, I just need motivation and ideas to do it. I would appreciate it if you guys support me by making reviews, throwing power stones or joining my pâtreon.

You can get the 6 latest chapters faster on my pâtreon and access other novels I've created.

https://www.pâtreon.com/DogLicker

26