Chapter 8 – Jean’s friend’s curiosity
459 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day.

It's Friday.

Iron Man's party has finished last night.

Lynn looked at Koko who was having breakfast while watching SpongeBob.

He just smiled and didn't say anything.

Sitting on the sofa, he opened his phone and looked at the latest news.

Sure enough, something was wrong with this city.

As if triggered by the appearance of Iron Man.

There he saw news of a Green Titan running around New York. The green titan destroyed every building and vehicle that got in his way and ran into a forest.

The police, even the army were mobilized to chase the Green Titan.

After that, there was no more news.

Oh, there's also news of Tony making his debut in the Iron Man costume.

After taking care of some minor villains, he is also rumored to be flying into the jungle to help capture the Green Titan.

The corners of Lynn's lips curled up to reveal an amused smile.

"Green Titan? Hehe that's Banner who just got the power from the Gamma Rays and transformed into the Hulk!"

"In the early stages, Banner had trouble controlling his Hulk form, and when he first transformed into the Hulk in the lab. He panicked, making everyone panic and ended up escaping from the lab and running from the city to the forest."

"The point is, just like the Iron Man 1 plot, the Hulk plot has also begun!"

"The Superheroes destined to become the Avengers have started to appear one by one."

This is both good and bad news for the world.

The existence of superheroes will prove to be very helpful for the government and society in dealing with villains or super villains.

But people who don't know the plot, don't know. They don't know that after Iron Man appears, the plot of all superheroes and super villains will also begin!

Some start at the same time, and some start in the near or distant future.

For example, in the Superhero camp, the plots of Iron Man and Hulk start almost simultaneously.

If it was the original work, Iron Man would definitely not have appeared in the Hulk's screen. Both protagonists of different movie series were busy with personal issues before being brought together in one screen in the Avengers movie.

But in this world, where the Marvel and MCU universes are mixed together. The plot will definitely not go the way of the original work, the proof is now that Iron Man is flying to find the whereabouts of the Hulk.

It's not a matter of Iron Man catching the Hulk or not, the problem is that this plot is already messed up.

Even Lynn, who has the advantage of knowing future plots, is starting to wonder what will happen to the future if every character's plot clashes with each other?

Although he doesn't really care about the plot being messed up or not, especially after messing up Jean's plot and attending Tony's party with Jean which wasn't in the original work.

From the beginning, this plot has been wrong.

It's just that what's with this slightly uneasy feeling of this something not being under your control?

Lynn shook his head, he definitely didn't have a fear complex with something out of his control.

With his powers that would grow stronger with the help of the system.

The plot or whatever it was didn't matter.

As long as you are strong enough, and don't provoke creatures stronger than you before you have enough power.

You don't have to worry about anything happening in the future.

"Maybe I'm just worried that the plots of some certain beautiful girls are changing so that I'm late in getting them?"

When Lynn thought of this, he felt that it made sense.

Just like the Acient One who was worried that a plot change would destroy the world's timeline.

He was also worried that the plot change would affect his chances of getting beautiful girls in this world.

Koko who was finishing her breakfast suddenly turned around, she walked up to her host with an innocent expression on her face.

"What's wrong Koko? Is that reward?"

Lynn was excited, it had been a few days since he got the reward from the system.

Since the timing of getting rewards was quite random, it was usually once or twice a week.

He was actually somewhat dissatisfied with this arrangement, but what could he do but wait while taking care of Koko?

Well at least it was better than waiting months or years to get one reward from the system.

Now the little girl in front of him finally made a familiar gesture that excited him.

Koko pulled out a ball of light from nowhere, and she handed it to her host like a little girl giving candy to an adult.

Lynn was touched to see Koko handing over the reward in such a polite way instead of throwing it directly at him.

Did this little girl finally grow up to be a little girl who knows how to give things to others politely?

"New reward." Koko said in her usual cute voice.

"Oh, Koko thank you!"

Lynn took the ball of light with his hand and it was absorbed directly into his body.

He felt refreshed, eager to see what reward he would get.

But Koko suddenly said, "Host, host."

Koko pulled his sleeve a few times, Lynn turned his head and smiled.

"What is it again Koko?"

"Host, can you take me to the pet store? Koko wants a pet."

What's with this desire for a pet?

Lynn was confused.

Then he realized something.

No wonder Koko was so polite when delivering the reward this time, it turned out that this little girl wanted something from him.

Ah~

Lynn smiled wryly.

Instead of being disappointed or angry, he was quite happy that Koko wanted something from him.

This feeling...

Is it like the feeling of a father hearing that his little daughter wants to buy a toy?

It must be that.

Yes, it must be that.

Checking the rewards from the system, can be done later.

Lynn got up from his chair, and patted Koko's head gently.

"Sure, get ready Koko, we're going to the pet store!"

"Incidentally, this big mansion is rather lonely with just the two of us. It would be nice to have a pet guarding the house."

"Yey! Let's go now, Koko is ready!"

Koko's outfit magically changed from the plain one piece dress she usually wore at home to a gorgeous gothic loli dress in red with white lace at the bottom of the skirt.

There was also a red hairband that tied her silver hair into a ponytail style.

Koko, who was already cute, was now even cuter, making it easy for the girls on the street to scream: "Kyaa! So cute!"

Lynn could imagine the reaction of the people outside when they saw Koko.

And he couldn't help but smile widely as if he was about to show off his little daughter.

Without wasting any more time.

Lynn immediately took Koko's little hand and led her to the car. There were many sports cars in his garage, he chose the most comfortable sports car to drive with others.

In the end he chose the Ferrari 812.

Then he immediately drove the car with Koko and left the mansion.

As for what happened to Iron Man who was chasing the Hulk? Lynn had no intention of interfering with a plot that only had men in it.

If it was a plot that dealt with a female hero, he would consider interfering.

But the Iron Man and Hulk plot? Never mind.

It's such a small matter anyway, does he even need to intervene? The protagonists have plot armor.

Lynn was confident that the two protagonists would be fine in the end, even when their plots collided with each other.

...

On the other side.

After returning from the party last night.

Jean had reported to Professor X about how unsuccessful the socializing plan was last night.

Professor X looked disappointed when he heard this, and sighed. But he didn't blame her for it.

Now.

Jean had just finished teaching, and she walked out of the classroom in a daze.

She was still thinking about what Lynn had said last night.

It's about the promise of watching a movie with Lynn on Sunday and about Professor X's plans going wrong because of too much licking.

For one, she was excited about the promise of a Sunday date with Lynn.

She had even prepared a nice dress for her to wear on Sunday, even read many articles about dating.

After all, this was the first time she was going out with a guy.

She actually had no experience.

Even though many guys at Xavier School were chasing her, there were even those who confessed their love to her many times, especially Scott and Logan.

But all the guys who pursued her she had rejected, she never gave them a chance to date her.

Lynn was the only guy she didn't reject.

The thought of refusing didn't cross her mind when Lynn asked her to watch a movie together.

She readily agreed when Lynn invited her, which left her a little confused when she got home from the party that night.

It seemed like a short time, two meetings to be exact. She already liked Lynn a lot, right?

Jean was confused about how quickly she liked someone, but when thinking about Lynn who saved her life that night.

It seemed like that was why she could like Lynn so much faster than anyone else.

Jean didn't mind this, she was happy.

It was just that besides being excited about her date with Lynn, she was also a little giddy about the problem of telling the Professor that the plan he had all along was wrong.

The idea of licking and being so humble to humans is wrong!

Mutants would only be looked down upon, even belittled to death by those arrogant and self-centered humans.

Jean had thought about it many times last night, and she also began to realize that Professor's idea was wrong.

Just like Magneto's wrong idea of getting justice for mutants through domineering methods.

The Professor's idea of seeking justice for mutants through methods that were too gentle was also wrong.

Jean had arrived at the teacher's office by now, and she sat at her desk while ignoring the other teacher who was sitting at a desk not far from her.

Her mind was busy thinking about whether she should tell the Professor where he went wrong now or later?

Earlier, when she had reported to the Professor this morning.

She hadn't said anything about what Lynn had said last night!

Jean actually hesitated to tell the Professor.

After all, it's about saying that your ideas over the years were wrong, you have to change them.

When she said that to the Professor, even after knowing the Professor's gentle personality, Jean was actually worried that the other party would be very angry with her.

At least before she told the Professor that her idea was wrong, she should also have another idea that was better than the Professor's idea to get justice for the mutants in this world.

As she thought about this, she realized something.

"Why not ask Lynn? Last night I should have also asked him what idea was better than Professor's."

"But I forgot to ask it and went straight home instead..."

Jean felt that her IQ had decreased, she felt that last night her brain was so slow that she didn't ask Lynn about this.

Maybe love made her brain slow. It seemed to be true what those people on the internet said. People in love sometimes become dumber than monkeys.

'Wait, who's in love? I just like Lynn more than anyone else!'

'In love? It's too soon for that!'

'We've only met twice anyway. Isn't it too soon to fall in love with just two encounters?'

'Jean, you're not an easy girl! Even if you've agreed to watch a movie with him.'

'It's just a dating activity, the two parties haven't confirmed each other's feelings!'

Even though she said that in her mind, her face turned red and she stared at the textbooks on her desk in a daze.

This was noticed by one of the teachers in office, a woman with long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

She was also a mutant, just like everyone else at Xavier School.

Her appearance was actually no less beautiful than Jean, it was just that because she lost in popularity, she was in second place in the most beautiful mutant at Xavier School.

Her face, her white skin, her curves, everything is beautiful and sexy!

As a mutant who has a perfect Gen X like Jean, her appearance is no different from humans.

On top of that, she is also an Alpha level mutant!

Now the beautiful blonde girl walked to Jean's side of the table and asked in an elegant tone that was slightly worried.

"Hey Jean! What's wrong with you? Your face is red... Do you have a fever?"

Jean gasped at the familiar voice calling her. When she turned her head to the side, it was her friend and one of her X-Men colleagues.

The other party also worked as a teacher at Xavier School, just like her.

She quickly calmed herself down and said, "No, Emma. I'm fine, you misunderstood."

Emma Frost, or simply called Emma. She narrowed her eyes while holding her chin with one hand.

"Hm... Really? I can't believe it~"

With a playful smile on her pretty face, she also said: "From my desk, I have seen your abnormality before, Jean."

"In addition to having a face that looks like a person with a high fever, you also mumbled several times in a low voice."

As if remembering something, Emma said: "You seemed to mention Professor and someone's name. Who is that? Someone named Lynn if I'm not mistaken?"

"Emma, seriously, I'm fine. Also... Can you just forget everything you saw and heard!"

Jean whispered to Emma with embarrassment on her face.

Aside from the embarrassment of Emma hearing her mention Lynn in her mutterings, she was also worried about the other party hearing about her dissatisfaction with the Professor.

Emma smiled, looked around, then turned to Jean and said: "Hey Jean! Come on... Aren't we friends? I know you don't have a fever, but I know you have a problem."

"So what?" Jean asked disgruntledly. This blonde girl was definitely curious and wanted to know.

Even so, she had no intention of telling the other party about her problem!

Especially about the Professor issue, she felt that it would be bad if the other mutants at Xavier School knew the grievances she had against the Professor.

At least before she said it to Professor first, she should not say it to others first.

Lynn was the exception, as he was the one who told her how flawed Professor X's methods of getting justice for mutants were.

And Emma? Even though she was her friend and had a pretty good relationship with her.

It's still not enough for her to tell the other party all her secrets!

Emma could tell from Jean's face, she had no intention of telling her. She was smart, she realized Jean had a problem related to the Professor after she heard the other party's slight murmur earlier.

Even so, she didn't give up!

She still maintained her smile in the face of Jean's expression that refused to answer.

Given the rumors about Jean that recently spread, she suddenly got an idea.

"Forget it if you don't answer. By the way, Jean. I heard a rumor that you actually rejected Scott and Logan a few days ago."

"It's uncharacteristic, but you really rejected and told those two handsome guys not to pursue you anymore because you already have a guy you like."

"Heard from your mumbling earlier. Is that guy named Lynn? I'm sure there's no mutant named Lynn in school. Is he the handsome mutant you met outside?"

"Nonsense, Emma. You're wrong!"

Sure enough. Jean lost her composure when Lynn's name was mentioned. Her face turned red, which made Emma even more certain that she was right on target.

Emma smirked at the sight of Jean losing her composure.

Now, now, you just need to make the other party spill the beans by accident!

At least if it's about that guy named Lynn, she can definitely get his information out of Jean's mouth.

"Oh~ am I wrong? So that thing about you rejecting Scott and Logan isn't true? You still gave them a chance and you don't like that guy named Lynn?"

"No!" Jean replied subconsciously due to her embarrassment. But she realized something was wrong and hurriedly corrected her words. "Ah, no. I mean I really have rejected Scott and Logan. And as for Lynn, I actually..."

Because she had admitted that she had a crush on someone and the news had spread throughout Xavier School.

Forget the embarrassment, now she couldn't deny!

"Yes, you can call him my favored guy."

Seeing Emma's beautiful grin, Jean knew the other party had successfully played a trick on her.

Damn Emma!

This girl has a talent for interrogating people, why not just enroll her into the security bureau to become an interrogation officer?

She's sure this girl will be very helpful!

Emma was happy that she managed to confirm about the man named Lynn from Jean's mouth.

To be able to make Jean, who had rejected many men, like him.

She wondered what the man named Lynn was like?

If she wanted to know more about the other party, she would have to urge Jean again!

"Jean, we're friends, right?"

Looking at Emma's gaze that was burning with the fire of gossip, Jean knew this girl wanted to know more about Lynn.

Should she tell her for the sake of friendship? If it was only about Lynn's appearance and how extraordinary he was without mentioning his secrets, for example about the Life Capsule technology that the man had in his house.

Things like basic information shouldn't matter.

Or rather, Jean was tempted to gossip with Emma.

She's a woman after all.

When she likes a guy, she feels like showing off and telling others how good the guy she likes is.

"Emma, don't tell others what I'm about to say."

"It's enough that we both know."

"Don't worry Jean! My mouth is tightly closed!"

Emma sat in front of Jean, and Jean who saw this also sat comfortably.

Then the two began to discuss!

20