Previous Life Skills Part One
379 9 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hi! I apologize to readers for my absence. I have a chronic illness and a weak immune system and it's been especially hard for me due to the CO-VID (Corona) outbreak. I've got things under control for now so updates will resume. Also, if you like my stories and what I do, buying me a coffee would help me out! Chapter status: EDITED (to the best of my abilities ;-;)

Despite the orders--more like recommendations in her eyes--of the Doctor, and surprisingly enough Adela, Noir was up on her feet, sparing. Her opponent was a knight, by the name of Jacques; he was in mid-thirties--probably--and seemed to have a tall, lean build, similar to a dancer; holding a wooden sword, she thinks back to fencing as a child, the knight had the perfect body for it.

It was something that her father made her do--unlike her peers, she was particularly denser, her leaps made sounds, it gave her presence and didn’t help any bit. 

Was sword fighting similar, she wondered.

“Noir, is it?” Her eyes darted to the man in front of her, trying to grab her attention. Despite having a feminine looking body, his stance and dress were the opposite, as if he was trying to deflect from his appearance. His slender, hooded eyes stared at her with determination.

As expected of the son of the Head of the royal knights.

Fighting him would be hard, and she could only try.

“Pay attention. You’ll get killed if you aren’t aware of such things during battle. The first one to land a hit comes out as victor.”

“I’m ready, Sir.” Noir nods. She changes her stance, as if she was practicing fence--as if she was her old self. She watches his movements, which seemed to be persistent on attacking her--not thinking of a plan yet, she kept dodging, looking for any opening he had and at his mode of attack.

He had quite a few--was this man only planning on the attack and not thinking of his vital points; was he going fairly easy on her because she was considered a child in this body of her’s? 

 She takes an aim at his legs--since it's the quickest way to get him down for a strike. 

‘Gotcha.’ She takes a swift kick to his legs, making him and giving her the chance to whack his upside of the head with her swords. After seeing the Knight fall to the ground with a groan, she sighs with self-satisfaction.

“I guess I am the victor, Sir,” Noir said, her voice particularly cheerily while the older man gave a dumbfounded expression. 

“Young Master, slow down or you’ll get hurt again!”

She sees Hilarie who seemed to have been watching looking at her with glittering eyes. Inside, she squealed at how cute and angelic he looked. On the outside, she kept her composure and simply gathered the boy in her arms as he ran up to her.

Such a cute boy is bound to be such a beauty when he grew up--she couldn’t wait for it to happen.

“Big Brother, that was splendid!”

“Thank you, Your Majesty. I have to be strong to protect Your Majesty.” Noir gave the child a soft smile while Adela acknowledged her effort with an “It was alright.” and Noir’s smile slightly dropped; she focused the rest of her attention on the knight scrambling to his feet.

“How did you--” He seemed to be at a loss, wondering how a child managed to get a hit on him.

“No harm Sir but didn’t you say, ‘ You’ll get killed if you aren’t aware. Seems that, Sir, you were so focused on offense you neglected to defend your legs.:

Did these knights rarely do combat with their legs?

“Well put young man, my son has always had a singular motive. I’ve always told him it’ll trip him too often if he doesn’t change.”

10