1. Infallible Magus_Modish Living
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Am I still forbid from going anywhere?"

Frederick was upset while holding back his anger since that question didn't resonate with Junta and continued ignoring him. Stuck in this tiny cottage for the past few days is killing Frederick for nothing to do. Unable to give in, he kept persuading Junta throughout. One room, then to the next one as they went.

Benvolio and Chael, a raven, were also present, sitting and waiting patiently while witnessing the entered-the-room situation. They glanced at each other and wondered how long it would take.

"It's understandable why you refuse me after interrupting your guests in an important meeting. That doesn't mean I had to stay and trap here like a prisoner. You and everyone are overdoing it too much on me."

Junta heard his main issues, stopped, and said, "Listen closely, Frederick. Forget about the meeting because it isn't yours to worry, since it's mine to deal with. It's hard to explain the situation as time being." That, however, didn't ease Frederick's anxiety with his boredom, which kept rising. Junta then added, "After I'm done with this...damn, idiotic mess. You could do whatever you like. For now, be patient."

"Hmm..." Frederick glanced outside through a window, bright and sunny. "Would be nice to have a picnic or maybe start a garden."

"I didn't mean staying inside forever during the process," Junta sighed frustratedly, shaking his head. There's some doubt in Frederick at believing his words and scuffed at it, loud enough for him to have heard. It annoyed Junta, but he contained himself and continued, "Just around the cottage. Hope that isn't too difficult to follow, Frederick."

"No, but—"

"Good, then no complaining."

Without letting Frederick finish as Junta scowled away but soon being followed again, which irritated him when footsteps were heard from behind. They were insync with his, and surely enough, he began walking faster into the kitchen, part of the living room, where he was greeted by Benvolio and Chael. The crunchiness Junta picking up from these two had him knowing they were eating, maybe crackers or cookies. Frederick later appeared from behind as Junta swiftly stepped further from him and headed toward a seat beside Benvolio.

Benvolio expected letting Junta handle it would go smoothly like usual because they're close, but she saw Frederick wasn't willing. Their businesses supposedly checked and relayed a few updates on their circumstances.

Frederick stood there, fidgeting before adjusting himself when Benvolio said, "Going outside would be nice for a change of pace. We don't want to relocate you, Milord, because it isn't an easy arrangement. Junta and I are busy taking care, you know what. Unless we could have the other vassals, but they're not fit."

"Maybe, okay, you're right," Frederick reluctantly agreed while feeling down.

A satisfying receiving answer caused Benvolio to glance at Junta, who was now stroking the bird gently while also listening to their conversation. Junta noted that things had settled, so he tapped on the table and got Benvolio's attention. He signaled his comrade to move closer as she scooted over for him to whisper a few words. Low enough that Frederick and Chael couldn't eavesdrop.

Didn't last long when Benvolio grimaced and tilted her head backward, resisting but having no option to hear more. Every nod she gives on understanding whatever coming, essential or not.

Due the disheartening result that Frederick received made him uninterested in their whispering, whether taking a short walk since he was permitted to go outside. Before stepping out, there's something caught his eye beneath the trees. Frederick peeked back inside cautiously, then quietly closed the door, afraid, letting his vassals know.

Frederick went step by step, nearer as he saw it clearly to be an unconscious person. Peer at the face then immediately Frederick recognized this person, the butler of an old friend, but soon noticed his arms wrapped around something that happened to be a little girl. They were wet and shivering, so Frederick wondered how he would bring them in without alarming anyone. A plan began forming and thought landed on a window leading to the second-floor bedroom. That's what Frederick aims excitedly, within himself, when tiny lights shine throughout his surroundings.

0