Chapter 10
525 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Yuuga woke up just as his alarm clock started ringing. He got up immediately and folded his covers, arranging his bed neatly, before heading to the bathroom. He quickly went through his usual routine, applying skincare and brushing his teeth, before heading downstairs to where his beta mother was making breakfast.

 

“Yuu-kun, good luck on your midterms today! Mama will be heading to work shortly, so please clean up after you finish eating as always.”

 

His mother left as Yuuga gave a small hum of agreement and started on his breakfast. He had some practice problems on the side, with all answers covered up. He did some review as he ate, uncovering the answers as he went along. Eventually, after he finished his breakfast and cleaned up, he went back to his room to change into his school uniform and finished preparing to go to school.

 

“I’m off!” (Yuuga)

 

A weak voice sounded from the hallway answering his yell,

 

“Take care…”

 

 

Yuuga Fukuhara is a male omega middle school 3rd year student with extremely delicate and soft features. He had soft and long black hair with black eyes typical of most Japanese people. For some reason, he had disliked cutting his hair as long as he could remember so it was roughly shoulder length and tied in a ponytail, but his parents were fine with his sense of self expression since it looked cute on him anyways.

 

Yuuga stood at about 1.52 meters tall, a little bit on the shorter side for typical male omegas. He always hated his height, because he wanted to be like his father. Yuuga’s father Risa was a 1.81 meter tall female alpha who had a fiercely beautiful face and a slim but powerful body. She had waist long black hair with purple highlights, and black eyes to match. Risa was always a bit weak in the morning, but a cup of coffee always managed to wake her mind just enough to get her to her job as a police officer.

 

Risa Fukuhara was married happily to her wife Naoki. Naoki worked as a secretary at a company nearby, but she was able to come home often enough to make dinner for the family. Naoki was about 1.6 meters tall and had gentle auburn hair styled in a bob cut. Along with her warm brown eyes, she was fairly standard in appearance, but her cheerful personality had charmed Risa into falling in love with her.

 

Yuuga arrived at the gates of Kisshoin Middle School, which was a fairly prestigious private school that Yuuga had managed to get into due to his grades and father’s job. Walking into his classroom, he noticed the usual doom and gloom of midterm season had a slight tint of curiosity added to it. When he followed the gazes of his classmates, he noticed that there was a girl sleeping by the window.

 

She had an extremely delicate and cute face, with long eyelashes and a small nose. She did have incredibly pretty and fluffy white hair to accompany her countenance, but what drew everyone’s attention were the cat ears and tail she had attached to her. Yuuga could tell they weren’t fake, because they started to twitch as the attention on her started to build up.

 

Taking his seat behind her, he noticed the girl finally start to wake, her ears twitching as she looked around the room warily. She seemed to notice Yuuga’s gaze and turned around, startling him with her amethyst-like clear eyes. He stared for a second, before regaining his composure quickly and made an introduction.

 

“Umm… hi, I haven’t seen you in this class before, but it’s nice to meet you, I’m Yuuga Fukuhara. If you’re a new student, it’s kinda weird that the teacher isn’t introducing you first and unlucky that you’re coming in on our midterm…” (Yuuga)

 

The girl gave him a slight nod, before speaking up in a soft and calming voice,

 

“Hello, I’m Shion Kojou. Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not a new student, an exception has been made for me to take the tests here due to special circumstances. It’s also nice to meet you though, Fukuhara-san” (Shion)

 

Yuuga blinked for a second, having never heard of special exceptions being made for anyone, but he didn’t think the girl in front of him would lie. But before he could ask any more questions, the teacher walked into the classroom and started handing out test papers. This first period would be math, followed by Japanese, science, social studies and finally English.

 

Yuuga quickly finished his test papers as usual; he usually maintained good grades so he would not disappoint his parents. But instead of taking the time to review for other classes, for some reason he was interested in looking at Shion working in front of him.

 

Shion seemed to be working hard, however she did seem to get frustrated on several questions – more on certain subjects, less on others. Every time she got frustrated, Yuuga noticed her ears and tail twitch slightly. His hand subconsciously reached out in front of him before he realized. Yuu, what are you doing?? You’re not an otaku or anything so why do you want to pat the cat girl in front of you????

 

It was during lunch break that other classmates finally approached Shion, but mostly omegas and a few betas. The remainder were too shy to approach the delicate looking Shion, or were intimidated by how incredibly cute she was.

 

“Hello~ I’m Akira Akasaka, how are you?” (Akira)

 

Akira was one of the most popular betas in the class – she was well liked by most of everyone because of how kind her personality was. Evidently she had been elected by the rest of the class to initiate contact with Shion, but Shion looked a little apprehensive at the crowd waiting behind Akira’s back.

 

“Mmm, I’m Shion Kojou, I’m doing well, thank you” (Shion)

 

The conversation was a little bit awkward, since Shion didn’t seem to know how to continue. Instead she just reached into her school bag and pulled out her lunch – a cute and nutritious looking bento with tamagoyaki, hamburg steak and a few vegetables.

 

“Hmmm… Sorry if this is an awkward question, but we wanted to know – are your ears and tail real?” (Akira)

 

Shion gave a small nod as she ate.

 

“D-do you mind if I touch them?” (Akira)

 

Shion’s cheeks flushed lightly, and she didn’t give an answer. In the meantime, Akira’s hand started inching closer and closer towards her ears…

 

“Hey, she hasn’t said anything or agreed yet” (Yuuga)

 

Yuuga reached out and grabbed Akira’s hand. Akira immediately realized what she was doing, and had a sheepish look on her face.

 

“Oh… sorry, I swear I didn’t even notice I was doing that.” (Akira)

 

Akira bowed towards Shion in apology.

 

“Mm… it’s okay, I just didn’t know how to respond… if you really want, it’s okay to touch my ears, but please be gentle…” (Shion)

 

Akira’s face immediately turned joyful, as if all the dreams she could ever ask for had just turned true. She gingerly reached out towards Shion’s ears, and gave them a slight rub.

 

“Mm…nyaaa…” (Shion)

 

“IT’S SO SOFT AND SHION EVEN SAID NYAAA AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” (Akira)

 

Akira was amazed at how velvety soft her ears felt and couldn’t help but exclaim in the moment. After hearing her, Yuuga couldn’t hold back his instincts anymore and also asked,

 

“Umm… Shion if you don’t mind, can I also try petting your ears?” (Yuuga)

 

Shion gave a shy nod, and Yuuga immediately started petting her head as well. But seeing Shion grant permission to a second person suddenly drew the attention of the whole class clamoring to try to feel Shion’s ears. Yuuga’s hand was still on Shion’s head so he immediately noticed her ears flatten as she started shaking.

 

“Hey! Guys, you’re all scaring Shion… put yourself in her shoes! She’s new and taking the tests, and then getting swarmed by people all wanting to touch her. I know I might sound like a hypocrite, but at least I’ve been talking to her…” (Yuuga)

 

Yuuga’s shout managed to make all the overexcited students calm down, and finally Shion could finish eating her lunch in peace. She remembered to give a nod of thanks to Yuuga before pulling out some notes to review for the next midterms.

 

Yuuga sighed in relief when his classmates retreated.  He couldn’t restrain their curiosity, but at least he was able to make them feel ashamed enough to back off. It was all he could do as an omega.

 

Soon enough, the lunch break finished and they had to take the rest of their tests. Yuuga noticed that Shion was struggling a bit more on these exams, but she managed to complete them nonetheless. When Shion turned in her last test, Yuuga noticed that she quickly packed away her stuff before immediately leaving, getting in a car and driving away.

 

Yuuga thought a bit about the “special circumstances” that Shion had mentioned, but didn’t want to assume anything more since he didn’t want to be rude. He started to walk home himself, hoping that Shion would show up again the next day. Maybe they could be friends.

 

Shion didn’t show up again until the next set of school-wide testing. But nevertheless, due to her unique appearance and situation, she still remained in Yuuga’s thoughts throughout most of the rest of the school year, and he was happy when he got to see her again. The two of them managed to build a somewhat steady friendship when Shion came in for testing, but Yuuga still didn’t know much about Shion…

 

24