059~Rabbit Meat Soup
378 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"A world quest?" Yvlena asked, reading the notification again. "I've heard about that, a world quest affects the in game story and the rewards for finishing the are usually massive,"

She continued, reading the rest of it.

[Your efforts have altered the course of the world

Please collect your rewards]

[Yvlena Acquired

***

Rael's Moon Scythe Piece

Heaven's Feather x1

Butterfly Cloak (Epic)

***

Moon Points x15000

Moon Gems x 2000

Gold x200]

Yvlena's eyes brightened as she read through the rewards from the world quest and this was only from filling out 10%

"Doesn't this just mean it's going to be harder and harder to find out what happened to Rael?" Yvlena said folding her arms. "I know I'll find more clues in the mansion so I better get to restoring it,"

The notification window disappeared, leaving Yvlena to tend to the manor grounds once more.

She carefully reviewed her goals again deciding not to go on any more quests until she had sufficiently raised her crafting level. Only after restoring the Rose Manor would she be able to find out more about what happened to Rael.

Yvlena knew by now he'd left Bloom Haven to find a way to help the corrupted titan Viseli who faithfully served Vaelindor and Selendriel before the war of the gods.

A guess occurred to her but she would keep it to herself for now.

The world quest had revealed a lot to her about Rael, clearly, he had a good heart and served friends and allies alike well, he created the Ever Bloom and possibly found a way to end the miasma once and for all.

"Now if only I knew where he went," Yvlena huffed, placing her hands on her waist. "I could ask him, but something tells me...No I'll save that guess," she said entering the manor.

----------

Yvlena found herself within the manor again, looking through the kitchen, despite the piles of dust she seemed unable to clean it, only the stove remained a bit less dusty than the other parts of the kitchen.

"Maybe if I find a pot I can use it, the more I cook the more the kitchen brightens up?" Yvlena said. That appeared to be how things worked within this game, when she prayed the altar gleamed a bit, and when she cut weeds with the scythe and dug with the hoe, the blades got sharper.

"I could level up my cooking while I'm at it," Yvlena said already pulling apart cupboards to find pots and pans she could use.

"Ah, bingo!" she said grabbing a single pot only for it to grow a pair of eyes. Yvlena screamed dropping it only for the creature to attack her.

"A pot mimic are you kidding me?" Impulsively she grabbed one of her newly made freeze potions and hurled it, breaking the bottle upon the creature's and watching icicles break out along the dark surface of the pot mimic. The creature shrieked as it was enveloped completely in ice rendering it unable to move.

"Only 30 seconds," Yvlena reminded herself, leaping into action with her sword.  She lifted the carrot sword above her head and brought it down hard on the pot mimic ending its brief existence.

[Yvlena Acquired

EXP: 774/1300

***

Charcoal x3

***

Moon Points: 30]

"Charcoal? Oh like for kindling and stuff. I guess I could add it to make a more explosive potion or something," Yvlena said sheathing her sword.

"Even if it was just an F Grade Freeze Potion, the bond was surprisingly really strong. Or maybe the mimic was just really weak," Yvlena laughed, looking through the cupboards again for a real pot.

She found a small pot just underneath a pile of broken debris, poking it first and observing for a few moments before concluding it was a real item and not just another mimic.

[Yvlena Acquired

***

Basic Pot x1]

She placed it on the stove and was met with a prompt for kindling. She took the charcoal from her inventory and watched the pot bubble.

"What to cook? Oh, I know!"

After tossing in the Rabbit Meat, two Carrots, and some Common Spice Herb she's once again met with a familiar recipe.

[Yvlena Acquired

***

Rabbit Meat Soup x1]

With the Adiri specs, she read the description, hoping something had changed from the last time she cooked it.

[Rabbit Meat Soup (Common)

***

Type: Food

Grade: F+

A common soup enjoyed by the denizens of Bloom Haven. Made from hunting the common Horned Rabbits around the area.

The Grade determines how flavorful it is as well as the status effects, unfortunately, this is quite poor.]

"Hmm, well it's got to be better than last time," Yvlena said. She took the bowl of soup with a wooden spoon provided by the game and downed it, chewing on the chunks of rabbit meat and carrots.

She stuck her tongue out, shaking her head at how salty it was.

[+5 HP

+Temporary [AGI] Boost]

"Blegh!" She gagged, the consistency of the soup was too thick, paired with the saltiness plus rawness of the meat it was quite awful but, still she got her desired status effects. Her HP was full but Yvlena felt the agility boost run through her.

"I'll be sure to cook this a few more times before I take it into battle," Yvlena said. "A simple stat boost can sometimes be the difference between life and death,"

[Subclass Skill: Cooking Leveled Up]

"Thank goodness at least that leveled up," Yvlena said, "Alchemy is just like cooking in a sense," She stored the pot back in her inventory and began looking around.

As she suspected, the stove had brightened up just a bit. The surface remained dusty but even less so than before. Hopefully, she would keep cooking and fix up the kitchen, the most functional room within the manor so far.

----------

"I remember these steps," she said

[Unstable Infrastructure, Your Character Risks Possible Injury]

[Repair Staircase To Proceed To The Upper Level?

Wood x200]

[Yes/No]

The game prompted, she dismissed it not having enough wood to fulfill that right now.

"Cutting down some trees. I will add that to the list as well," Yvlena sighed.

----------

Aya logged out of the game noting the moon high in the sky. She flopped down on her bed, wiping her brow from the exertion of playing.

"Okay it's pretty late," Aya said, getting up to put the Revista back in its box and slide it back under her bed. She got up and crossed her small apartment to check her door and windows before changing into pajamas to sleep.

"Moving to Mericross huh?" she said yawning as she snuggled into her pillow. "I hope I see Daichi and Mrs. Lutz again, I miss those two," she said falling deep into slumber.

----------

At Lumos Inc., Victor Sinclair the CEO of the company stood in his office looking through the tall windows of his high rise building, Evangel City shined brightly under the light of the moon but the CEO only had one thing on his mind.

Aya Brown.

His niece, the daughter of his brother David. She had taken her mother's maiden surname instead of Sinclair and that was why he couldn't find her after all these years.

He still couldn't understand how he had forgotten her all these years, granted they were not too close, only having seen her as a baby and later a little girl before the company took over his life.

He had to fulfill his brother's wishes. David and Anastasia were all he had left of his family, now it was all down to Aya. Victor had tried to marry but could never find the love in his heart due to his obsession with finishing Moon Valley.

Victor rubbed his eyes, feeling the dark circles grow as he thought about her. He needed to find her and find her soon.

He wondered if Aya had figured it out yet, the secret underneath Moon Valley.

"I hope she finds what her mother and father left for her," he said.

There was also the matter of the people extorting him, if he could find them he would swiftly put an end to it once Aya was safe with him.

"Sir there's someone here to see you," The voice of his secretary said. Victor turned around to face the young woman who surprised him with her presence.

"Ah, I thought you would have gone home by now Betty," he said, walking away from the window.

"I was just leaving sir, another long night?" she asked in concern. Mr. Sinclair could be just as bad as Fred when he wanted to be and lately, he had been spending night after night in his office surrounded by silence and papers.

Victor waved her off, dismissing her concern and sitting at his desk.

"Please send them in Betty and please get yourself home as well. You need your rest as well," he said.

The woman nodded, buzzing a stranger in and picking up her jacket and purse.

A tall man dressed in black walked into the office. He said nothing only standing in front of the office desk and waiting for Victor to address him first.

"I've given you the name and the location, have you discovered anything?" Victor asked lacing his fingers together as he spoke.

The man before him said nothing, only retrieving a set of pictures and slapping them on Victor's desk.

The CEO picked up the sheets, a bit analogue considering how far advanced they were in technology but this was the most discreet and untraceable method he could think of.

The girl in the photo had her father's coloring. Victor saw the resemblance to his brother in her skin, her nose, her jaw, and the way she looked back at the person tailing her. 

He saw Anastasia in her too, Aya possessed her mother's striking brown eyes, hair, and the shape of her mouth.

"It's her," Victor gasped. "Oh my God, it's Aya Sinclair,”

15