067~The Verdant Woods (1)
270 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yvlena put a hand to her chin in thought, Twyla must have left the town looking for someone to help with the growing Miasma.

By Yvlena's estimation, the Verdant Woods would have already been completely overtaken by the Miasma, leaving only the Eastern path to Rosenheim free.

"She left to find Rael,"

[Beatrice's Daughter 8% completion]

"Thank you, Ricardo, that was all I needed to know. Have a safe journey back and watch out for any more creatures!" Yvlena said to the merchant.

Before she could leave, the man's large arms trapped her in a hug. Ricardo bawled sobbing about missing Bloom Haven and Yvlena.

"There, there," Yvlena said uncomfortably, unable to pat the man's head from the way she was trapped in his arms. "We'll always be friends and we will meet again,"

He placed her down on the Market District floors and wiped his comically large tears.

Yvlena smiled at him. Wishing the merchant luck on his journey, she would see him again when she left Bloom Haven but that wouldn't be for some time now.

"It was very nice to meet you, Ricardo," she said

[Ricardo is touched by your farewell]

[Affinity with Ricardo increased +5]

----------

Upon returning to the Rose Manor she found it devoid of the pesky birds that had plagued her earlier when leaving the manor.

Sprite and Rabbit Knight had watered her farmland and taken care of the crops she had planted in the squares, Yvlena stopped at one of the squares, she squatted to check on the tiny flowering buds that signified more healthy herbs were on their way.

"Well done you two," Yvlena said standing to full height. The grounds of the Rose Manor whilst still having a lot that needed to be done looked better now that a majority of the overgrown weeds and trees were cut down.

'I wonder if the outside of the manor counts during the restoration, I guess 2%' she thought.

"I need a silk rag and a scarecrow," Yvlena said walking into the manor through the path she had cut through, little stalks of grass were already trying to grow again but Yvlena paid them no mind.

She headed into the kitchen and began cooking a batch of Rabbit Meat Soup

[Rabbit Meat Soup improved slightly]

This time the soup tasted even better than the last, letting Yvlena know she had made even more of an improvement.

"Not quite there yet but soon," she said whipping up a few more plates, it would make her move faster through the forest for a while as she fought the corrupted beasts.

"I have to find a way to get more seeds for the Ever Bloom," Yvlena said. "Like any plant, it's gotta have some seeds right?"

She said walking out of the manor.

"Next stop, the Verdant Woods,"

----------

 

Yvlena saw the outline of the Verdant Woods and gulped as she took a step forward into the dead path.

She smelled the rotting scent of dead leaves and fruit and walked into the path of screeching silence fearfully.

Sprite and Rabbit Knight huddled close, recalling the first time they stepped into the Verdant Woods together as a party.

"Reminded me of the Depths but this is worse," Yvlena said as she moved step by step deeper down the path.

A thick fog settled in front of her, thicker than the Miasma within the depth, Yvlena didn't understand she had only walked a few meters forward.

"It's spread again," she realized. When she had visited the area previously the Miasma had been thick and encompassing but now it was even more so.

A growl resounded beside her and it didn't take long for Yvlena to stand on guard against the corrupted wolf.

"I'm much stronger than last time,”

The corrupted wolf circled the party keeping its head low and searching for a weak point in their formation to attack.

Yvlena stood on her guard, brandishing her sword and knowing while she was strong the creature was intelligent enough the capitalize on any slip ups she could make if she lost her guard during the fight.

The wolf ran toward them with a start, mouth open and ready to bite and tear the first person it could sink its teeth into.

[Sprite Cast Bind (03MP)]

Vines shot out from the ground catching the corrupted wolf and wrapping around its hind legs and halting the wolf's stride towards them. The beast snarled, mouth foaming and teeth snapping as it tried to wrest itself away from the binds holding it in place.

Yvlena noticed the shriveled, sickly color of the vines. Where they would have been a healthy dark green they were now a withering yellow like the dead grass and plant stalks that littered the Verdant Wood's ground.

"It's not going to hold for long," she said, unleashing her own attack before the wolf could break free of the bindings.

[Yvlena Cast Carrot Shot (10MP)]

The orange bullet flew forward, striking the wolf just as it broke free of Sprite's vines and leaped forward to use an attack of its own.

[Corrupted Wolf Cast Bite]

The wolf growled revealing rows of razor sharp teeth, It went for Rabbit Knight, clamping down on the Rabbit with supernatural speed, Rabbit Knight pulled back from the attack, clutching his arm.

Yvlena lifted her swords, slashing the wolf from behind before it could do further damage to her summon. The wolf howled, sprinting forward to attack Yvlena who in the heat of battle brought her sword up to block.

'Whoa," she gasped, pushing the wolf back with strength she didn't know she possessed. The wolf fell back unprepared for the critical hit Yvlena landed with the side of her blade.

[Rabbit Knight Cast Rabbit Volley (05MP)]

The Rabbit launched a volley of strikes with its rapier each one faster than the last, the wolf howled again, lifting its jagged claw to attack.

[Corrupted Wolf Cast Shadow Claw]

With a swipe of its paw, dark energy flew from the beast's claws, shooting off in all directions. Yvlena dodged, narrowly avoiding the beam of darkness.

Sprite wasn't as lucky, the summon was struck by the flash of darkness, sending her flying into one of the gnarled trees that surrounded the area.

"Sprite!" Yvlena called, diving into the bushes after her.

"I'm all right!" The fairy said flying back to Yvlena's side. The fairy's wing drooped and he dazzling forest green glow dimmed with the HP she had lost from the wolf's attack

[Sprite cast Cure (05 MP)]

[Sprite Cast Bind (03MP)]

Vines snaked up and wound around the wolf once more allowing Yvlena and Sprite to fire up their battle combo.

[Battle Skill: Rabbit Sting Combo]

The summon and her master, attacked with enthusiasm, firing Stings and Sword slashes in a barrage that didn't allow any room for the wolf to retaliate.

[Yvlena Cast Carrot Burst (50MP)]

With one final attack, Yvlena ended the corrupted wolf's existence, watching it vanish in flakes of light.

[Yvlena Acquired

EXP: 1175/1300

***

Shadow Essence x2

Wolf Fang x2

Wolf Claw x2

***

Moon Points x300]

 

[Class Skill: Summon Leveled Up]

[Rabbit Knight gained a Level +1]

[Sprite gained a Level +1]

Yvlena collapsed on the floor with a sigh, the wolf wasn't much stronger than her but the battle had been a long one. She didn't even have time to begin brewing any potions.

Once again she turned to face the Miasma that had covered the Verdant Woods. A heavy fog permeated the area and was soon floating down toward the entrance of the path and down the road to the Bloom Meadow.

Yvlena stood up from the path she was resting on and retrieved one of the five Ever Bloom plants she had potted and left in her inventory. Holding the potted plant in her hands, Yvlena was greeted with a notification.

[The Ever Bloom wants to guide]

"Yes!" Yvlena cheered nearly jumping for joy as she was moved by the plant, it took her forward towards the Miasmic fog, Yvlena held her breath expecting the fog to cause some damage as she walked through it.

The Ever Bloom glowed, opening its petals and slowly beginning to siphon the foggy air into itself. Yvlena held the plant away from her, lifting it into the air until the path started to clear up.

Rays of sunlight broke through the fog, crawling into the area and lighting up the path. The fog dissipated and soon Yvlena is left with the Ever Bloom.

"Huh? I thought it would have opened a portal by now," Yvlena said. She took a look at her plant and noticed the petals had closed back up into the shape of a bulb.

Yvlena furrowed her brows, running her fingers over the swollen bulb. The white petals had turned a veiny green topped with pink. She folded her knuckles and knocked upon the surface of the plant.

A wooden sound reverberated, as she hit it. Yvlena shook the plant in confusion, listening to something rattle within it.

"What's wrong with it?" Sprite asked as she flew down to give the bulb a few knocks of her own.

The elf pressed her ear against it until she heard a crack. The Ever Bloom burst open, making the girl jump back in shock and fright. Yvlena stared at the open bulb and peeled back what was once a petal to expose pods full of seed.

"The seeds are formed from the fog?" she asked peeling the former Ever Bloom.

[Yvlena Acquired

***

Ever Bloom Seeds x10]

[Subclass: Leveled Up

Herbalist(Harvest Guardian) 8/10]

The game told her as she picked each seed from the bulb. She grabbed the stem of the former Ever Bloom and pulled the plant up from its pot to check the roots.

[Yvlena Acquired

***

Ever Bloom Root (Herb) x1]

"That solves the question of the seeds," Yvlena said now staring at the path the Ever Bloom cleared. The fog was gone leaving only the same path she had walked before.

"The barrier I remember was this way,”

12