070~The Avaresh Swamp (2)
180 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Time to get planting," Yvlena said, taking out her hoe and tilling more neat squares within the compound of the manor. She trimmed a few weeds and cut down a few more trees growing too close to her crops.

"I'll have to craft those scarecrows soon," she sighed, worrying about the birds, she hoped they wouldn't return and gobble up her Ever Bloom seeds, that would be a disaster.

After the Ever Bloom seeds were planted she wiped the sweat off her brow and harvested the wild seeds that had grown into Fox Tails, Bloom Lilies, and Star Root.

"Oh Star Root is a bit rare isn't it?" she asked tucking the herbs into her inventory for more potion.

Her alchemy would need to keep growing if she wanted to keep taking on Harvest Guardian quests.

"Off to see Risel,"

----------

Yvlena returned to the Artisan District to inquire about an alchemical recipe that could help her purify the lake.

"Yvlena!" Risel yelled, nearly falling over her counter at the sight of the other elf. She swung her feet over the edge and ran up to trap Yvlena in a bear hug. Though not as strong as Ricardo's, Yvlena struggled to move her arms.

[Risel witnessed the first layer of the Verdant Wood's Miasma disappear]

[Risel is excited]

"You got through the first layer of the Verdant Woods, have you found the way to the next town yet?" The elf asked hopefully, concern for her brother shone in her green eyes.

Yvlena felt a pang of guilt as she had to tell her she was no closer to breaking through to the next town or even discerning its location.

Yvlena shook her head, her heart saddened as soon as she saw Risel's ears droop in disappointment.

The alchemist's mood sunk, she sighed heavily disheartened by the news. It seemed she would be waiting a while before she could see her brother again.

"I'm sorry Risel this is tougher than the Miasma within the Bloom Forest's Depths, it'll take a lot more for me to clear it,"

Risel lifted her head as Yvlena spoke, quickly realizing her friend was trying her best as the new Harvest Guardian. Of course, the Miasma wouldn't be gone in a few tries.

It had taken root long ago after the previous Harvest Guardian had disappeared.

"What do you need? I'll help in any way I can, not just for my brother but for the good of the town! Things have gotten so much better since the Eastern path cleared up,"

"I need to purify the Verdant Lake," Yvlena said. "There's something in the water, a creature maybe but I need to purify it,"

Risel gasped, slapping her hands to her cheeks in surprise. She hopped back over the counter to open the shop to Yvlena.

"You've gotten as far as the Lake?"

Yvlena nodded, smiling. Risel nodded in delight, impressed that Yvlena had gotten so far so soon.

The thought had her squealing excitedly at the anticipation of seeing her brother again.

Whilst the Lake wasn't far from the entrance path to the Verdant Woods, it was more than the denizens of Bloom Haven had seen in a long time.

"And the Avaresh Swamp," Yvlena added, watching Risel light up again.

"That means you've met Bavga?!" Risel said tugging on Yvlena's arm and pulling her closer to the counter so the girl could purchase an item.

'It really is the bone witch,' Yvlena thought uncomfortably.

"Well I haven't met her yet, what do you know about her,"

"Well you can trade animal parts to her, hides, pelts, fangs, and things like that. She was walled off for so long though, I don't know if she'll be hospitable to visitors," Risel said.

"I'll have to cross the docks to get to the swamp won't I?"

Risel nodded,

"I'm afraid the docks are broken so someone will have to repair them, you can get some water resistant shoes from Bernard I believe. Only an adventurer may wear them, and only then will you be able to start repairing them,”

"Don't worry Risel I already did,"

[Your proactivity impressed Risel]

[Affinity with Risel Increased +3]

"Your Alchemy went up too," the elf commented offhandedly.

The Shop menu opened as Yvlena pondered over the words.

She looked through the shop, finding the recipes she needed for O'Leary's watch, and the Purifying Elixir were now available to her.

They cost 2500 Moon Points each.

"Damn it, I forgot I ran out of money buying those boots," Yvlena said, smacking a hand to her face.

"I'll have to come back later for them, Risel," Yvlena said, moving away from the counter and allowing Risel to close her shop menu.

"Don't worry Yvlena I'll hold on to them for you," Risel winked.

Yvlena felt heat rush to her face at the gesture, she giggled.

"Now I just have to do some more quests to raise money," Yvlena said under her breath. The last quest she had taken was from Ricardo, and, that was a little bit ago.

"Remember, you can also sell me any potions you made to make money, but there is something I need done," Risel said.

"What is it?" Yvlena asked.

"I just need help with some basic health potions,"

[Quest: A potion a day (1)

Risel the alchemist is overwhelmed with making potions for the healers of Bloom Haven.

Lately, Risel has been overworked running both the apothecary and handling potion production for the healers.

Help lighten the load by brewing and selling ten health potions.

***

Rewards

???

***

Moon Points x700

EXP x300]

[Do You Accept]

[Yes/No]

"Alright!" Yvlena cheered, pumping her fist in the air. She might need to ask NPCs if they had quests after exploring the swamp.

"Oh Risel, what do you know about this?" Yvlena asked taking a bottle of the Miasmic Sap out of her inventory.

Risel held her hand out for the bottle, allowing Yvlena to place it delicately in her palm.

"Where did you get this?" Risel asked, turning the bottle over in her hands. "Its sap from a tree corrupted by the Miasma inflicts burning and can be used in potions,"

"From the Verdant Woods, would you like to buy it?"

Risel nodded.

[Yvlena Acquired

***

Moon Points x500]

"If you happen to have any more I would be interested in purchasing them," Risel said, still staring at the bottle of black liquid. She placed it on the counter and waved Yvlena off as the girl made to leave.

"No problem Risel," Yvlena said leaving the apothecary.

----------

Yvlena and her summons walked through the Verdant Woods, careful not to alert any beings of her presence.

Although a battle was inevitable she would prefer not to be ambushed as she walked through the forest on a quest.

The girl passed the lake again, throwing a hesitant glance at the deep pool and hoping nothing would leap out of it and attack her.

'Nothing's coming out of there until I purify it,' she thought.

She entered the swamp again noticing her feet did not sink into the watery soil as they previously did. The land was by no means as steady as the dry land but it was good enough for her feet to find purchase on the soil.

"Yes," she said walking forward, Rabbit Knight trudged along beside her, getting mud and dark soil all over his feet. He shook it off with each step but refused to let Yvlena carry him with her.

"It's just until we get to the docks," Yvlena said, even with the Adventurer's Boots she felt herself beginning to sink as she walked forward.

Another step forced her to pause, her foot was stuck in a hole. She struggled and wriggled, unable to pull herself out even as she grabbed the top of her boot to pull.

"Uh..." She squirmed, struggling against the force of the hole only to see the mud ripple beneath her feet and open into a gaping mouth.

Announcement
Patreon is now 8 chapters ahead (71-78) Your support means a lot!
6