1- familiar world
194 7 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" The country of Wakanda is situated in the Eastern part of Africa. It is a third-world country, a monarchy with King T'chaka as its lead since 19xx.

It's one of the few countries on the continent that had not been colonized. The people of Wakanda are mostly agricultors, fishers, and farmers. The country failed to enter the modern era. Most sources agree that it is because the country remained confined on itself since the start of the colonial era"

Sitting inside a " Cyber café" Yero was looking at the monitor Screen, with disbelief written on his face.

It's only after some time that he let a sigh.

" I had already accepted the fact that I went back in time.

I guess that I could also accept the fact that I am in a fictional world" Yero muttered as he tried to convince himself.

Two days, ago, after waking up as usual, he found himself in a familiar room.

It was the bedroom where he had lived in his teenage years, so Yero recognized it instantly.

Everything would have been fine at that point but as if it was not enough he saw his réflexion in the mirror, a younger version of himself. The date, that his phone showed, almost everything seemed to indicate that he had gone back in time.

If he believed that it was an elaborate joke, that last hope crumbled when a younger version of his mother told him to prepare for school.

He also saw his younger sister. She looked healthy and was very well alive. At that time, Yero almost choked on his tongue and went to hug her, almost scaring the two women ( his mother and his sister) on the same occasion.

At that time, Yero almost thanked whatever deity had sent him back in time. He was ready to enjoy every day of the next twelve years with his family.

But things started to get stranger on the same day. Some of his classmates were not the same, and some of his teachers had changed. But these changes were minimal.

The geography teachers mentioned Wakanda during the lesson and Yero started to laugh, thinking that the teacher was joking. It indeed seemed so, as others students laughed with him. It is only later that he learned that they were laughing for a completely different reason. There was only one letter difference between the word Wakanda and the word Makanda, and the meaning of the latter in a local dialect was " panty". 

The existence of Wakanda was a wake-up call for Yero, he decided to gain more information on this world instead of simply assuming that he knew everything, just because he seemingly came from the future.

This was the reason why Yero, was in this " internet cafe". While occidental countries relied on 3G technology for their telecommunication, the people in this country named Kamerun were still limited to the 2G technology.

An "Internet café" was a place that offered computers with somewhat decent internet connexion in exchange for some fees.

As Yero, continued to look through the different information on the internet, he found out that Stark industry and Hammer international did exist in this world, so were fb, the Bluebird, and Utube, and other popular social medias.

After opening an account on FB, Yero found some accounts and followed them. These accounts belonged to Tony Stark, Prince T'chala, and Dr. Strange.

They were not the best version of themselves at this point but Yero just wanted to know whether or not they looked like the actor who played their role. Sadly it was not the case, but Yero was not dejected on the contrary he sighed in relief.

The story of Captain America and Hydra was also very much real in this world. It was the Second World War that had changed somehow with the victories of the Allies.

" Should I look out for the existence of mutants?" Yero did not know in Wich version of the marvel universe he was.

He did not even know if they existed in this world. after googling the words mutants Yero did not find anything.

He even googled The name of Professor Charles Xavier, and the gene X, but he was still unable to find anything.

" I am an idiot! Even if they existed, information about them will be restricted. Not something, the like of me could get access to" Yero thought with a shake of his head.

But the possible existence of superheroes also implied the existence of their counterparts, super villains. The two were like the two faces of the same coin indissociable.

" Apart from some Superheroes with African origins like Black Panther and Ororo, it does not seem like this continent gave birth to any villain.

I could also wonder whether or not Asgard exists in this world. If it exists, what about the other pantheons?

Do Intergalactic villains like Thanos, and Galactus also exist in this world?" Yero was full of questions.

" But since magic, gods, and advanced technology exist in this world. Perhaps here I will have the chance to save her " Yero thought about his sister who suffered from a terminal disease.

It was only diagnostized too late as their family was not really well off. In the other world, the family had sold all their possessions just for a single chance to save the girl, only to end up in failure.

It was part of the reason why at some point, Yero's personality turned much somber. He was unable to concentrate on his studies in college and ended up in many situations worse than others. He had not always made the best choices and he did not have a strong personality.

" But this time, I can change," Yero thought as the light of determination seemed to glow in his head.

" Even if I can not save her by myself, I have to find the right person to do so" Yero thought.

For a second he considered writing the name many shield high-level agents in a string on his Navigator's windows just to see if he could attract their attention. But he dropped the idea after giving it some thought

This idea was like digging a coffin for oneself.

6