Chapter 8: Guide to hatching mascot eggs
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Five minutes later, Professor Lovyres returned with a book. The book is very old, the pages are yellowed, and there are pages torn off the edges. The cover of the book has a picture of a phoenix incubating eggs, the Phoenix moves a little to comfortably incubate the eggs. A few minutes later, the Phoenix changed to Bart with the appearance of a dog, the head of a hyena, the wings of a bat hatching eggs.

Professor Lovyres showed the book to Alvin. Alvin's eyes were shining. This is a guide to hatching summoned beast eggs. Professor Lovyres explains:

- To incubate the summoned beast eggs, you must set the temperature of the egg warmer to the temperature of their mother's body. Every month, you will have to create a magic formation and pour blood on the eggs so that the young summoned beasts receive their owners early, forming a blood link. The probability of causing the eggs to hatch is usually 30-40%.

Alvin raised his hopes, holding the book like a treasure. So Alvin will find high-class summoned beast eggs and hatch them, although the search is hard. Professor Lovyres knew what Alvin was thinking. He took a sip of tea and continued to explain:

- The summoned beast hatched by this method cannot reach its full power. They will be weaker than naturally summoned beasts. If the compatibility between you and the summoned beast is not high or incompatible, summoned beast can only promote up to five parts of its power. This is why hatching summoned beast eggs is not popular. If a good summoned beast egg were found, but the compatibility is low, the power of a high-level summoned beast is not as good as a mid-level summoned beast.

Professor Lovyres stroked his silver beard that reached his chest, and his eyes narrowed slightly, revealing the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes. He thought back to the time when people rushed to hatch summoned beast eggs. The results obtained are not as expected. Good eggs hatch weak-summoned beasts, easy to die when exploring and fighting, wasting a master-servant contract. Through that time, the hatching method gradually faltered and was not popular. Some rich people who don't care about summoned beast's power will hatch rare summoned beasts as pets as a way to show off. Possessing a high-level summoned beast also proves one's position and ability in the political apparatus.

- Now everyone summons summoned beasts, so they will find the kind of summoned beasts compatible with them, unleashing their full power. Even if you can't summon it, you try to hatch it, and the summoned beast is obtained… well, that's pretty bad. Moreover, it's unlikely to succeed. It's both a waste of a contract signing and a waste of a summoned beast with high potential.

The hope that had just arisen is extinguished. Alvin is depressed. If Alvin hatches a low-powered summoned beast, it's too wasteful. It's not as good as spending that time improving himself, buying high-class protective gear. Professor Lovyres smiled and admonished Alvin:

- I advise you to improve your ability first. Maybe in the future, your power is raised to unleash your potential and create a link with the fit-summoned beast. Although the rate is not high, it is still there. The supreme magicians were all in a dangerous situation that unleashed their hidden power and then found rare summoned beasts. Hatching can be considered a backup plan.

Alvin couldn't laugh. If Alvin had an overpowering ability he would hold a lot of hope, but his strength was too mediocre, the percentage probably close to 0%. Alvin gave the book back to Professor Lovyres. If the method is not popular, the book will be rare and difficult to find outside.

- Yes, thank you, professor. Can I borrow this book from the library?

Professor Lovyres took the book back and stroked the spine.

- Now this book is not circulated outside, few people use it, so it is not reprinted. If you still want to hatch summoned beast eggs in the future, you can find me, I will give you. Anyway, very few people want to hatch summoned beast eggs these days.

Alvin rejoiced:

- Thank you, professor. Then I will find you later.

The two exchanged a few more sentences. Alvin twists the story:

Professor, what if I want to cancel the contract with the summoned beast?

- Each species will have a different way, the way to cancel the contract will be in another book. Usually, when making a contract, the summoned beast will live with the owner for life until they die if the owner does not break the contract. The eggs they hatch during the contracting process will be available in association with the owner. If the summoned beast dies, the contract will transfer to the child, very convenient.

- Yes. I didn't see it in this book, so I'm curious. My purpose is to join an expedition, save money to open a shop selling magic items and charms. Until then, life will no longer be in danger. Then I will set them free. Every race wants to be free, not linked or contracted, not just humanity.

Professor Lovyres nodded. It's a great idea, to show kindness. In fact, not many people cancel the signed contract.

- You want to ask how to cancel the contract with which species? Each species has its own way. Let me find books for you.

Alvin followed after Professor Lovyres.

- In the book, I can't see how to make a contract with the Incubus and Succubus. I'm curious how to break the contract with this race. What if… if you mistakenly summoned this species, there must be a way to eliminate it, right?

1