Chapter 17- Coyote
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day in the morning, Yuji woke up to find his face coated in saliva. He turned to Sith for an explanation who was nearby, licking the wall and savoring the salty flavor. Hearing the question, Sith gave a simple answer.

 

"I-I have seen others doing this to each other. Y-you looked dirty, so I thought maybe I should clean you up. Also, y-you weren't even moving. I-I thought maybe you were dead,"

 

Hearing Sith's stuttering explanation, Yuji's confusion deepened. The oddity of the situation increased, leaving Yuji with more questions than answers.

 

When did goats start grooming each other?" he wondered. He knew goats have behaviors like cuddling and sleeping close to one another. However, grooming wasn't typical among goats. Maybe goats in this world groom each other. Who knows?

 

However, what troubled him the most was his sleepiness. As a goat known for its light sleep, he should have been awakened by a light sound. Yet, even after being licked for so long, he remained unaware of it.

 

After telling Sith not to lick him while he sleeps, he swept his gaze over his stats. Since there was nothing wrong with the stats, he decided to start his daily training. But today would be different because he wanted to start the day with head-butt.

 

There’s a saying: 'The offense is the best defense.' As someone who can only use head-butt, his best defense is his attack. If his attack fails, he might die. So, he must increase his options for survival.

 

With this thought on his mind, he started his day. And the first thing he did was to search for a somewhat flat tree.

 

Well, every tree will have the same reaction to action, but he just felt doing head-butt on a flat tree would be the best start because he wants to have less fear of cracking his head doing a head-butt.

 

Yuji drew a deep breath, his eyes locking onto the tree as he mentally pinpointed the precise spot for his strike.

 

"W-what are you doing? You are t-thinking of challenging the tree?" Sith's interruption startled Yuji, his gaze turning to him with a mixture of disturbance and frustration. He had been on the verge of taking the first step, but now everything felt ruined.

 

“Sigh.” Yuji took a moment to calm himself down.

 

Still couldn’t help but compliment this guy. Yesterday, he talked about many things with Sith, and one of them was about trees, but it’s for a very short time. But this guy remembers almost everything Yuji told him.

 

If this guy was a human, he could have fulfilled his father’s or mother’s dream by becoming a doctor or an engineer.

 

“Do outside people play like this?” asked Sith.

"Yes, follow me. I'll show you," Yuji said as he asked Sith to follow him. If you don’t give this guy something to do, he might ask more questions.

 

Yuji explained everything to Sith. After understanding, Sith didn't ask anything. He found a nearby tree and prepared to imitate Yuji.

 

Yuji ignored Sith. He calmed his heart, looked at the tree, and took the first step, running toward it with his head lowered. As he ran, he reminded himself to keep his head down to do a normal head-butt.

 

“All is well, all is well.”

 

Baang

 

Yuji slammed into the tree with a bang as an intense pain consumed him right away.

 

“Fuck, it’s hurt.”

 

" Ouch, ouch, mine is hurting more." looking at the voice, Yuji noticed Sith rolling on the ground, crying out in pain. Yuji didn’t know if he should feel sorry for Sith or care for his pain.

 

“Damnit, I don’t know if I’ll be able to complete this daily mission or not, but I’ll be dead if I keep doing a few more.” Thought Yuji. There are no restrictions on the daily mission. If it becomes too hard, he would just do less.

 

At this point, Yuji only does daily missions because this makes him stronger. And to survive, he must become strong. With this thought on his mind, Yuji stood up for the second round head butt. After a few minutes, the pain subsided a little.

“Yuji, what type of game is this? It hurts so much. I can’t do it anymore.”

 

“It’s a very popular game. In this game, the winner will be the one who does the most head-butts. Keep doing it. Let’s see who can do the most,” said Yuji.

 

Continuing to head-butt alone might make him stop after the next one, but with another partner, he might find more motivation and do some extra.

 

Hearing Yuji, Sith agreed. He tried to keep up with Yuji’s pace. However, Sith wasn’t able to last much longer. He fell to the ground and didn’t get up for the rest of the day.

 

As for Yuji, after doing a head-butt a few more times, the pain became so intense he couldn’t think of doing any other mission. He had to return and spend the rest of the day resting.

 

That day at midnight

 

A weird noise broke Yuji’s sleep. Walking up, he looked around but couldn’t find Sith anywhere. He stood up walked out of the cave and looked for Sith, still couldn’t found his anywhere.

 

“Where did this fellow gone to!”

 

Yips, yaps, yips, yaps

 

As Yuji was about to go back to sleep, a series of low-pitched sounds came to Yuji’s ears. Hearing the sound, all the hair on his body stood up as if he heard the sounds of his natural enemy.

 

“Fox! No coyotes. Did they break inside the farm?”

 

Yuji immediately starts searching for a hiding spot. He doesn’t know how big the farm is, but from the sound, he can tell the coyotes aren’t that far.

 

Soon, the sounds intensified, and the source of the sound started moving, as if the coyotes were fighting something, not only fighting something, they were also being chased by something.

 

Slowly, the cry of the coyotes grows louder and louder as if they are being chased toward the cave. But soon, the sounds of the coyotes gradually die down, as if the fight has finally ended.

 

0