Chapter -19
39 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ Warning: User has entered a rift]

[ Main missions- Survive ]

Reward – Unknown.

[A Rift is a dimensional crack that serves as a gateway to sealed, unsealed, or independent spaces. Typically, each Rift has one entrance, but rare instances exist where a Rift may have multiple entrances. These openings provide access to alternate realms, each with its own unique characteristics and dangers. Adventurers must tread carefully when traversing Rifts, as the unknown awaits on the other side. ]

 

Yuji's puzzled expression deepened as he surveyed his surroundings, taking in the tranquil scene before him. Everywhere he looked, there were only trees, bathed in the warm glow of the sun filtering through the leaves. Birds sang their melodious tunes, and a gentle breeze rustled the foliage. It was a scene straight out of a picturesque forest, far removed from the chaos and danger he had anticipated upon entering the Rift.

 

Frowning, Yuji couldn't help but voice his confusion. "System, Isn’t this place too peaceful?" he questioned, his voice carrying a note of bewilderment. The lack of any signs of danger or adventure seemed to defy the very nature of the Rift he had entered. Yuji thought maybe he would be thrown into a dungeon-like environment. But, this was out of his expectation.

 

As Yuji scanned his surroundings, seeking any signs of life or movement, his eyes suddenly caught sight of a small creature amidst the foliage. This creature was unlike anything he had ever encountered before. It resembled a dog, but its body was covered in a thick coat of sharp thorns and bristling fur, giving it a fearsome appearance. Despite its diminutive size, the creature exuded an aura of danger, and its eyes seemed to pierce through Yuji's soul as it stared directly in his direction. A sense of unease washed over Yuji as he observed the creature, unsure of what to make of this unexpected encounter in the peaceful forest of the Rift.

 

[ Warning you have encountered Thornback Gnarler ]

[ Thornback Gnarler: Small, dog-like creatures covered in sharp thorns and bristling fur. They prowl the edges of forests and dense undergrowth, using their keen sense of smell to track down prey. Despite their size, their bite packs a painful punch. ]

[ A very common monster in a level 10 rift or above. However, sometimes they can also be found on a low-level rift ]

 

"Shit," Yuji cursed inwardly as the realization hit him like a thunderbolt. Level 10. A monster that would be considered common at that level should be a formidable boss in a low-level rift. And yet, here he stood, a mere Level 0, face-to-face with such a creature.

 

His only option was to retreat. Yuji didn’t waste a single second. He turned around and ran toward the rift. For now, he is better to stay away from the rift. He is no match for a monster that is considered common in the rift, let alone a boss monster.

 

[ You can’t leave a rift until it’s cleared ]

 

Seeing the notification, Yuji felt the sky collapsing on his head. “System, what the fuck are you talking about?.”

 

[ User was warned not to enter the rift ]

- Reach level one and then try entering a rift for a better chance of survival.

- Make a hunting party for a better chance of survival.

- Wear strong suited gear to increase defense.

- Or just stay away from the rift for a better chance of survival.

 

Yuji ignored the system, there’s no point in talking with it right now. He took out the last remaining pilpil grass and started munching on it. Since he received a hundred percent bonus, his stats has already increased greatly.

 

The monster finally made Its move. Without wasting time, Yuji used his Ironclad Impetus. With this, his strength increased close to 2.5. Considering his original strength, it’s a huge boost.

 

But he couldn’t be happy, knowing there's a hundred percent chance he will die. Now he understood why the system gave him the Mission ‘Survive.’

 

“Fuck. If I die, I’ll take you down.” Turning his gaze back to the approaching monster, Yuji braced himself for the onslaught. The creature moved with terrifying speed, covering half the distance in the blink of an eye. With a steady hand and unwavering determination, Yuji readied himself to meet the creature head-on, knowing that the outcome of this encounter would determine his fate in the unforgiving realm of the Rift.

 

Schhnick

 

At this moment, with an air-perching sound, something hit the monster.

 

The dog monster immediately fell to the ground with its head pierced on the ground, one can just imagine how much force was behind this arrow.

 

For a few fleeting moments, the creature convulsed and writhed, its body contorting in agony as the numbing effects of the strike took hold. With each passing second, its movements grew weaker until finally, it lay still, finally dead.

 

Yuji looked at the almost two feet long arrow that pierced the dog monster’s head and the raw tree before him. He didn’t saw where this arrow came from, but someone who can kill this monster shouldn’t be weak.

 

“I just wasted my buff for no reason.” Yuji thought to himself. He kept his gaze before not to miss any movement. Even after almost half a minute of searching, he couldn’t see anything at all.

 

There’s a saying, ‘In a forest, there’s nothing more dangerous than an archer who is patient and knows how to hide.’

 

After almost half an hour of waiting, Yuji heard footsteps. Looking toward the sounds, he noticed a goblin slowly emerge from behind a tree, clutching a bow and arrow with a short knife at its waist. Its small, twisted form moved cautiously through the shadows, eyes darting for any signs of danger as it slowly approached the dog monster it hunted.

 

In the midst of the tense standoff between Yuji and the goblin, a sudden disruption shattered the silence. A sharp, piercing sound tore through the air, reverberating through the forest and causing both combatants to freeze in place, their attention drawn to the source of the disturbance.

 

Then, with a thunderous impact, something struck the goblin with incredible force, sending it hurtling to the ground. The resounding thud echoed through the clearing as the creature collapsed.

 

For a brief moment, time seemed to slow down as the goblin's headless body twitched and convulsed in agony. Its limbs jerked involuntarily, a last futile attempt to resist the overwhelming numbness that enveloped it. But soon, even these feeble movements ceased, and the forest fell silent once more. The only sound left was the soft rustle of leaves in the breeze.

 

“What the hell was that!” Yuji looked toward the headless goblin who just haunted the dog monster with a single arrow, a monster that was already strong enough to kill him.

 

Seeing this, Yuji regrets ever coming. If only he had hidden himself in the fog outside of the rift, he might have been able to die early. Now, he doesn’t even know what’s happening. There's one strong monster coming after another.

 

Yuji, who didn’t saw what attacked the goblin, shifted his gaze and looked at the figure hovering in the sky. Soon, the figure in the sky started to become bigger and bigger.

 

[ Warning you have encountered ..

“System stop with the description, there’s no need for that.”

 

Yuji kept looking at the thing, but he didn’t move. The slightest move can capture this monster's attention. And this monster probably decided to end him before eating its meal.

 

Slowly, the monster descended on the ground as it stirred a big wind. Surprisingly, the bird monster completely ignored Yuji and looked at the dog monster and goblin with water dripping from its mouth.

 

Yuji understood what was happening. This bird was actually waiting for this goblin to come out, and this goblin was waiting for this dog monster to come out. So he and the dog were nothing but sacrifices. But he doesn’t wants to die here.

 

Yuji slowly started moving as silently as possible. But his whole body stiffened when the bird monster gave him a side-eye. He felt an ominous aura descended on him, completely restricting his movement.

 

“Sigh, is this where everything ends!”

 

Yuji looked at the flying monster. One is stronger then other. A rift is indeed dangerous place, for weak.

 

At this moment sky started to darken, as Yuji looked at the sky he noticed
two figure they weren’t moving as if they were frozen in place or standing on
something invisible.

 

Suddenly one of the figure raised his hand.

 

‘Heavenly thunder’

0