Chapter 6- start training
280 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir, my apologies for my earlier behavior. I was disrespectful towards you," Yuji expressed earnestly, seeking forgiveness. "Please forgive my rudeness."

 

"Don't dwell on it. You need rest." The elder goat responded, initially devoid of emotion. However, Yuji detected a subtle softening in the goat's tone, perhaps in response to his apology.

 

“ Another thing, you should go play with other kids, make friends with them. There is a saying, "One stick breaks easily but 10 sticks can withstand a thousand sky.” After saying that, this elderly goat left. Yuji also didn’t say anything, there’s nothing to say.

 

“ Play! ” Yuji looked toward the kids playing far away. “One of them just tried to take advantage when I was sleeping.” Yuji thought to himself, what would have happened if he hadn’t wake from his sleep in time.

 

***

 

After thinking about what the elder goat said he pushed those thoughts back of his mind and focused on daily mission. After unlocking an achievement unknowingly, Yuji felt maybe there are hidden achievements waiting for him to complete and the only way to know is to try.

 

He has a feeling that, maybe if he completes or keeps doing the daily mission he will complete an achievement or at least earn some essence which will help him reach level one.

 

Thinking this he asked the system more about the daily mission. For each step every meter will count. For eating grass, he must take a mouth full of grass and each mouth full of grass will only provide him with 20 bite counts. But there’s another problem, each bite has to be like he is grinding wheat to make flour.

 

As for head-butt, he can’t head-butt anything that’s soft or doesn't have enough equal opposite reaction, for example he can’t head-butt banana plant or any plant that can’t be considered a tree. And every jump even if it’s a leap will be calculated but the catch is he must use his all.

 

“You're kidding me! There are too many restrictions.” Seeing all of the things he must follow, Yuji felt its impossible to complete this daily mission, unless he received some kind of buff like Ironclad Impetus which would be able increase his speed and strength, this will allow him to run faster.

 

“System do I have to shout out loud To use a skill?” Shouting to activate a skill is not only look stupid, he will also lose the advantage of making a surprise attack.

[ User can just think about the skill to activate the skill ]

 

**

 

After asking everything he wanted to know, Yuji stood up, stretched his body a little, and started running in a straight line. His first goal is to reach the end of the farm. It won't be easy but without having a proper goal he won’t reach even half of what he has to complete. But he isn’t under any pressure. He will try his best, he doesn’t want to die completing a mission that looks almost impossible to complete.

Without wasting time Yuji started running, even though he wasn’t fast and had to take some rest from time to time. His goal is to reach the end of the farm. Slowly he kept making progress. But still he was too slow.

 

He noticed a big problem, even at his speed his stamina can’t keep up with him. He loses his stamina too fast. Because of that he loses too much time just regaining his stamina. But that’s not something he can do anything about for now.

 

“Maybe I can increase stamina by pushing it hard!” For now this is just a thought. After all, if humans can increase their stamina by training hard, if lifting weights one can increase his lifting powers, if by running someone can increase his speed, if jumping high make someone able to jump significantly higher why shouldn’t he try? And all of those are proven.

 

Yuji then glanced at the tilting sun “I should return.” Since the sun is already tilting, after a little rest Yuji decided to return, since there's a high chance of getting attacked by predators at night it's better not to stay away from the shelter,

 

So, he start walking. Soon after walking for hour’s he returned and noticed goats sitting here and there some under trees, some in the open field. He also felt some glancing toward him but couldn’t figure out who. He ignored all of it and find a good place to lay down. After laying down he start munching on the food he had stored.

 

At first the thought of eating already eaten food made him a little uncomfortable, but after trying a few times he became used to it.

 

As he munched on the stored food he glanced at the shelters in row. There weren’t one or two but several on both sides of the main entrance. All of the shelters are built almost two feet above the ground with bamboo and wood. From the looks anyone would be able to tell those shelters were built with thoughts about goat’s wellbeing.

 

Even though there are several, most of the goats sleep outside because there are just too many goat’s.

 

Yuji closed all of his unnecessary thoughts and focused on the daily mission.

 

[Chew grass: 2027/40000]

[Head-butt: 3/400]

[Jump: 0/3000]

[Step: 7832/100000]

“Not bad for the first day”. Though Yuji, Hoping to complete Fifty thousand steps on the first day is nothing but stupidity. He is happy with much he did. He wants to complete this mission, but if he can't it’s not like he will get punished.

 

After checking the system which didn’t change at all except the exp and new mission he decided to sleep. After running for a full day, the only thing his body wants right now is sleep.

 

He needs to wake up early so decided not to waste any time. After Yuji went to sleep a notification appeared.

 

[ Warning, you have been exposed to negative energy ]

[ Warning: you have been exposed to negative energy ]

[ Warning: you have been exposed to negative energy ]

 

***

 

The next day, Yuji woke up early in the morning, but yesterday’s night wasn’t pleasant for him. For some unknown reason, he woke up in the middle of the night and felt uneasy, but he couldn’t find the reason, and when he tried to sleep, he couldn’t for hours.

 

12